Commit to losing 1 pound a week in 2013 challenge

Options

Replies

• LisaK4816
    LisaK4816 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this goal. Just found myfitness pal today and I am in!
  • jodimoon12
    Options
    Make sure you are weighing yourself at the same time everyday, and it doesn't hurt to check your scale. The last time I tried a weight loss program I had the same problem, going up and down 2 or more pounds in a day and it really was my scale! I got a new one and it is much more accurate.
  • trishp95
    trishp95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've experienced that too. My doctor suggested I increase my water intake and it worked. Hope that helps. Good luck on your journey. Don't give up. You can do this!!
  • jodimoon12
    Options
    So I lost right pounds but now went from 249 back to 252 over night. What does this mean? I am starting to feel like I should give up. What do you think or what should I do? I did go over yesterday but I didn't think.it would be that big of a difference.

Make sure you are weighing yourself at the same time everyday, and it doesn't hurt to check your scale. The last time I tried a weight loss program I had the same problem, going up and down 2 or more pounds in a day and it really was my scale! I got a new one and it is much more accurate.
  • lese1030
    lese1030 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • daneromanello
    Options
    I am going to go for 2 pounds a week and i pray i stay as strong about it as i am right now i can feel that educating my self about proper eating and calories and exercise from reading on mfp it is going to work and i am going to reach my goals and i feel if you can keep reading and think about it a lot of the time it stays with you and makes you strong to do this think about what you want and just do it god bless and the best of luck.
  • sarboo1
    Options
    I'm in, I just started MFP today and am so excited for this community!
  • sherikaelliott2000
    Options
    awesome
  • RoseyBaby83
    Options
    I'm in--I am going to count calories and exercise. I would like to lose about 25 pounds.
  • dana_c
    dana_c Posts: 9
    Options
    I am in. I have tried to do this while having a private profile and a 15 more pounds later I have realized that I really cannot do this without a support network.

Thanks for posting this :)
    I would gladly be your friend.
  • sherikaelliott2000
    Options
    im in... i just made a post on fb about losing a lb a week
    there is 12 weeks til my birthday and i need to lose 10 lb the other 2 lb are extra perks :bigsmile: :happy:
  • sherikaelliott2000
    Options
    you can do it! good luck :bigsmile:
  • Athena42006
    Athena42006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want in please. I weigh 180 and am trying to lose weight by trimming sugars and carbs. I am super lazy about recording food :( but I am committed to daily exercise in some form for every day of 2013!
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i am going to try .. i am 227 ,,if i lose 1.23 pounds a week i will be at goal on jan 4 2014
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm in...
  • aljudkin
    aljudkin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    One pound a week sounds like a perfect goal! Count me in!
  • MarshaMeadows
    MarshaMeadows Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Healthy. It is a complete sentence! One pound a week is doable. I plan on weighing myself every Sunday morning and posting my weekly progress then. Best of courage and self-discipline to all :)
  • elisam81410
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this and get support along the way. Currently I weigh 155 and would like to eventually weigh 135....count me in!:happy:
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a question...is this thread for checking in for our weight only and do we have to join the" group" to chat?
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have a question...is this thread for checking in for our weight only and do we have to join the" group" to chat?

Because we are limited by how many posts are allowed on this thread, we did start a group and I plan to keep track of our losses within the group..... Would you please join the group and post your losses there? :flowerforyou: