Commit to losing 1 pound a week in 2013 challenge

Options
On Christmas Day I calculated that if I lose 1 pound a week starting 12-25 than I would reach my EXACT GOAL of 145 on 12-31-13! Pretty cool!!!!!

1 pound a week is very doable and sustainable! This is not a race, right? I plan to make this a gradual lifestyle change. I started by reducing my processed foods, adding in more fruits and veggies and of course, logging on MFP. I have started walking and will add in weights and jogging and eliptical. And whatever other cardio catches my fancy. :tongue:

So, WANT TO JOIN MY CHALLENGE? I'm looking to have a strong group of friends to support each other and reach our goals in 2013! FRIEND ME AND THE OTHERS IN THIS THREAD. :flowerforyou:

Post in this thread when you weigh in and lose your pound for that week. Doesn't matter what your weigh in day is. :-). Encourage others who are struggling!!! Post your plans to adopt a healthy lifestyle... We can all learn from each other!

Let's do this the RIGHT WAY THIS TIME!!! SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!!!!

Replies

• Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm in... that would be my miminum... 1 lb per week... I'm shooting for 2, but 1 would be FANTASTIC....all the best :)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday and I lost a pound over the holiday weekend...

My weigh in weight is 236.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'll join!! I weigh 177lbs and want to get to around 140lb.
  • 276NoMore
    276NoMore Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great post. Starting today I weigh in at 254.2 (lost 0.6 pounds this past week, only by the grace of God I know for sure). I look forward to seeing how everyone's doing throughout the weeks (tips, motivating catch phrases, set-backs and how one has managed to overcome it, etc. etc., emphasis on the POSITIVE and PERSEVERANCE). Wonderful, glad to be here :)
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I am looking to lose about 1/2 a pound each week, but I could really use some new friends and some support.

My weight this morning was 170 and my goal is to be 148 by December 2013.

I am running my first half marathon this year and want to add more weight training and yoga to reduce my body fat from 28% to at least 25%.

I really would love to have people not only cheering me on, but reminding me of my ultimate goal and I promise to do the same!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining me on this journey. Friend requests sent! :flowerforyou:

I too hope this continues the well into the NEW YEAR! Because if it doesn't that means 1 of 2 things.... I met my goal early or somehow I quit my journey! Let's hope it means I met my goal early but I plan to continue to help YOU ALL reach YOUR GOALS!
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great plan and I would love to join in your journey
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    Options
    Anyone else wanna commit to 1 pound a week?
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'll join!
    I'm 157 this morning and my target is 132. 1 pound a week sounds great!!:laugh:
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    Options
    Friend request sent. :-)
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,142 Member
    Options
    I wanna try...........
  • AmyRose2010
    Options
    This is a great idea! I just joined MFP yesterday and am ready to commit to chang I am eager for support.

Initial weigh in: 301
    Goal weight: 165
  • rebeccahansen04
    Options
  • deyannareyes
    Options
    I'm down
    250 wanting to be at least 200!
  • hreu213
    Options
    I'm in

Current weight 181
    Goal 132

My weigh in day is Friday! So watch out :D
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot!

I have about 30lbs to lose, and am hoping to hit my goal about mid-year. Some friends with a similar goal of 1lb a week would be great.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. We should start a group in the group area. That way it will be easier to keep track of where we are at.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I gained ten pounds in 6 weeks of inactivity due to Sandy and an injury that kept me away from the gym. Have been so depressed about it I don't even want to attempt doing what it takes to get all this weight off (I am a small person). SO - this thread could not have arrived at a better time! Looking forward to keeping in touch with all you POSITIVE MOTIVATED people! We can do this!
  • smiler2209
    Options
    I'd love to! :smile: