Do u think Tebow is getting the shaft?

Options
Lone_Wolf70
Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
I am firmly in the Tebow camp...IDK f he could ever be a good QB, but Rex totally hosed him and he deserved a shot.

Replies

• Countryboy_
    Options
    I am firmly in the Tebow camp...IDK f he could ever be a good QB, but Rex totally hosed him and he deserved a shot.

All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

Tebow will be AIGHT......
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I think that Rex Ryan has no intentions of ever playing Tim Tebow unless he's instructed to by the GM or owner. That being the case, I hope Tim lands on a team for next season where he gets a fair chance to prove himself.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Whats a Tebow?
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Tebow's not getting any shaft; he's a virgin.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I think that Rex Ryan has no intentions of ever playing Tim Tebow unless he's instructed to by the GM or owner. That being the case, I hope Tim lands on a team for next season where he gets a fair chance to prove himself.

I agree.

I do think he's getting the shaft. He's not a good QB, but he seems to give it his all.
  • scs143
    Options
    Tebow's not getting any shaft; he's a virgin.

I would totally help him with that.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't think he's being given "the shaft". He'll go to the Jaguars and be able to start.

And if he can't do something there the Tebow experiment might be over.
  • oregonzoo
    Options

I agree.

I do think he's getting the shaft. He's not a good QB, but he seems to give it his all.

he needs to consider another position.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Whats a Tebow?
    a Tebow is a running, scrambling, yet can't really throw the ball kind of NFL quarterback.....something that should have been left in college yet still clings to the NFL like a barnacle \m/
  • scs143
    Options

I agree.

I don't disagree.
  • oregonzoo
    Options

I agree.

• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options

I agree.

I totally agree with this! FB or even TE.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Isn't this old news? Or did I miss something?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Whats a Tebow?
    a Tebow is a running, scrambling, yet can't really throw the ball kind of NFL quarterback.....something that should have been left in college yet still clings to the NFL like a barnacle \m/

This made me smile, no one ever looks at this guy's stats.
  • Danardeener
    Options
    I was drinkin the Tebow koolaide too! I absolutely think they didn't give him enough time to refine his talent. I love me some Tebow!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i'm a Broncos fan and called for Tebow to start in 2010 as well as 2011. the whole Tebow controversy is mostly created by and stoked by people in the media who don't like him for reasons that have nothing to do with football, but the reality is that the NFL is a "me too" league and every head coach wants a QB like Brady or Manning who can run an NFL pro-style passing offense. this is not Tebow's strong suit. he can get better, but this is just his 3rd year. he needs time and practice and lots of 1st string reps for that. what Tebow does bring to the table are skills many other QB don't have. to turn him into just a pocket passer is to eliminate what makes him unique. you have to actually build an offense around what Tebow can do including spread option plays, like what they are doing in Carolina and Washington DC for Newton and RGIII. Ryan and Sparano had no intention of ever doing that in NY. they viewed Tebow as a gimmick player to run a handful of wildcat plays. that was never going to work there. he needs to go to a team and a head coach who sees the intangibles what Tebow brings and is willing to endure the ridicule from the doubters on ESPN and elsewhere. i'm not sure there is a team out there willing to go out on a limb like that now. however, i saw every game he played here and the kid has plenty of skill throwing the football. he was as good as any rookie or 2nd year player who didn't get 1st string reps, except for the prodigies that come into the league like Andrew Luck. Tebow just needs to get better at reading coverages and fix some of his mechanics. he got no chance to do either in NY this year. good kid though... he's handled the whole circus pretty well. i'm afraid his NFL career may be over though and he'll have to head off to the CFL for a couple of years to develop and prove his doubters wrong.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Tebow (noun) - a person that the NFL wants as its face to the world as he is currently the clean cut American guy that unfortunately does not have the ability to play QB for a real American Football team. (See overrated)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Let's put it this way: I'm not convinced he likes women.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I don't think he's being given "the shaft". He'll go to the Jaguars and be able to start.

And if he can't do something there the Tebow experiment might be over.

He took a lackluster Dever to the Playoffs last year, it might not be pretty but he can win.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Whats a Tebow?

The 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers disagree.