Do u think Tebow is getting the shaft?

Options

Replies

• loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would love to give tebow the shaft :blushing: I dont like him as a qb but damn he is fine lol
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i dont think Tebow is going to Jax necessarily. He wll go wherever Chip Kelly ends up.
  • jeepzilla
    Options
    You are kidding yourself if you think Tebow is good enough to make it in the NFL. Ryan doesn't seem to like him, but Ryan seems to like Sanchez, which is just as awful. I agree with the above poster... he will most likely end up with the Jaguars and get fan support there. But he'll still suck.

either you have no clue about football or your just another tebow hater.. he took the crappy broncos to a winning record 8-5 as a starter!! and a playoff win so he is not a sucky QB. he might mechanical problems with his delivery but he is a good QB what he needs is a coach to help him.

I am a football fan and consider myself to be above average in football intellect and I am not a Tebow Hater...that being said Tebow was a great college QB but is not an average professional QB. Antwonne Randle El (sp) was a better college QB and probably takes fewer snaps than Tebow because he understood the difference between college and pro football.

Antwaan Randle El was a Wide out not a QB he did throw a touch down in the steelers super bowl XL and was the only wide out to do so... so really no comparison there....
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    i'm a Broncos fan and called for Tebow to start in 2010 as well as 2011. the whole Tebow controversy is mostly created by and stoked by people in the media who don't like him for reasons that have nothing to do with football, but the reality is that the NFL is a "me too" league and every head coach wants a QB like Brady or Manning who can run an NFL pro-style passing offense. this is not Tebow's strong suit. he can get better, but this is just his 3rd year. he needs time and practice and lots of 1st string reps for that. what Tebow does bring to the table are skills many other QB don't have. to turn him into just a pocket passer is to eliminate what makes him unique. you have to actually build an offense around what Tebow can do including spread option plays, like what they are doing in Carolina and Washington DC for Newton and RGIII. Ryan and Sparano had no intention of ever doing that in NY. they viewed Tebow as a gimmick player to run a handful of wildcat plays. that was never going to work there. he needs to go to a team and a head coach who sees the intangibles what Tebow brings and is willing to endure the ridicule from the doubters on ESPN and elsewhere. i'm not sure there is a team out there willing to go out on a limb like that now. however, i saw every game he played here and the kid has plenty of skill throwing the football. he was as good as any rookie or 2nd year player who didn't get 1st string reps, except for the prodigies that come into the league like Andrew Luck. Tebow just needs to get better at reading coverages and fix some of his mechanics. he got no chance to do either in NY this year. good kid though... he's handled the whole circus pretty well. i'm afraid his NFL career may be over though and he'll have to head off to the CFL for a couple of years to develop and prove his doubters wrong.

I think comparing him to RG3 or Newton is a huge insult to them. He is no where near the passer than either of them are. That is the part of the QB position that he is missing, he can't throw an NFL pass.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    You are kidding yourself if you think Tebow is good enough to make it in the NFL. Ryan doesn't seem to like him, but Ryan seems to like Sanchez, which is just as awful. I agree with the above poster... he will most likely end up with the Jaguars and get fan support there. But he'll still suck.

either you have no clue about football or your just another tebow hater.. he took the crappy broncos to a winning record 8-5 as a starter!! and a playoff win so he is not a sucky QB. he might mechanical problems with his delivery but he is a good QB what he needs is a coach to help him.

I am a football fan and consider myself to be above average in football intellect and I am not a Tebow Hater...that being said Tebow was a great college QB but is not an average professional QB. Antwonne Randle El (sp) was a better college QB and probably takes fewer snaps than Tebow because he understood the difference between college and pro football.

Antwaan Randle El was a Wide out not a QB he did throw a touch down in the steelers super bowl XL and was the only wide out to do so... so really no comparison there....

actually read the post...RandleEl was a college QB
  • doorki
    Options

Randle El was a rather successful QB in college.
  • jeepzilla
    Options

actually comparing Antwaan Randle El to Tim Tebow is night and day... college play is completly different than NFL you can not compare the two... Antwaan Randle El was a QB in college and a wide out in the NFL ok and how does that compare to Tim?? its doesn't..

Antwaan Randle El cmps 528 att1060 pct49.8 yds7469 Y/A 7.0 6.3 TD 42 INT 37 Rating115.1

Tim Tebow cmps661 att 995 pct 66.4 yds 9285 Y/A 9.3 10.4 TD 88 INT 16 Rating170.8

theres your college stats for both all four years and you can see Tim is a better QB in college than randle El...

Again no comparison on the two...
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Let's be serious... Neither Sanchez nor Tebow are capable of being solid starting quarterbacks.

I just think it's hilarious that they didn't tank the season to get some good picks, instead they're stuck with the same old garbage. The only thing that might help them is picking up Alex Smith but odds are he will end up on the dolphins.
  • jeepzilla
    Options
    Let's be serious... Neither Sanchez nor Tebow are capable of being solid starting quarterbacks.

I just think it's hilarious that they didn't tank the season to get some good picks, instead they're stuck with the same old garbage. The only thing that might help them is picking up Alex Smith but odds are he will end up on the dolphins.

I see Smith heading to Arizona... I think with the right people in place Tim could have been a really good QB...
  • doorki
    Options

Why would Smith end up on the Dolphins? I think they are pretty happy with Tannehill.
  • spiritcrusher
    Options

I see Smith heading to Arizona... I think with the right people in place Tim could have been a really good QB...

Modern day NFL is too pass/big play oriented. Tebow wouldn't be able to survive with the Bradys, Ryans, Mannings, etc..

Fitzgerald could use a new QB, I feel sorry for the guy.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

the Dolphins are very happy with Tannehill. Sanchez will be the starting QB for the Jets next year. Smith could end up in Buffalo.
  • spiritcrusher
    Options

Why would Smith end up on the Dolphins? I think they are pretty happy with Tannehill.

You're kidding right? Tannehill is just another addition to the long list of Marino replacements that couldn't cut it.

Miami needs a new strategy for their QBs, especially since they're in the same division as the Patriots.
  • spiritcrusher
    Options

the Dolphins are very happy with Tannehill. Sanchez will be the starting QB for the Jets next year. Smith could end up in Buffalo.

With guys like Luck, RGIII and Wilson coming into the NFL, I don't even understand how it's possible to be happy with Tannehill.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

actually comparing Antwaan Randle El to Tim Tebow is night and day... college play is completly different than NFL you can not compare the two... Antwaan Randle El was a QB in college and a wide out in the NFL ok and how does that compare to Tim?? its doesn't..

Antwaan Randle El cmps 528 att1060 pct49.8 yds7469 Y/A 7.0 6.3 TD 42 INT 37 Rating115.1

Tim Tebow cmps661 att 995 pct 66.4 yds 9285 Y/A 9.3 10.4 TD 88 INT 16 Rating170.8

theres your college stats for both all four years and you can see Tim is a better QB in college than randle El...

Again no comparison on the two...

Interesting that you question someones football intellect...Tebow would not have those stats if he played for the Indiana Hoosiers.

Note -(Pro) Randle El has a career passer rating of 157.8, the highest of any player with more than twenty completed passes.

College - The Hoosiers would go on to win the game, 45-30, with Randle El's 467 yards breaking the NCAA freshman total offense record in his first collegiate game.[6] His performance was also the third all-time highest passing yards in a single game for Indiana,

Over the course of the 1998 season, Randle El tallied four 100-yard rushing games

While at Indiana, Randle El became the first player in NCAA Division I history to pass for 40 career touchdowns and score 40 career rushing touchdowns

He finished his college career as fifth on the all-time NCAA total yardage list, and became the first player in college football history to record 2,500 total yards for each of four consecutive years. Tallying 7,469 passing yards, 3,895 rushing yards, and 92 touchdowns running and passing for his college career, he finish sixth in the Heisman Trophy voting in his senior season.

And this was during a time the Big Ten was compeitive outside the conference. Why you hating on a guy that played for a school that really has no football program but put up big numbers?
  • doorki
    Options

You're kidding right? Tannehill is just another addition to the long list of Marino replacements that couldn't cut it.

Miami needs a new strategy for their QBs, especially since they're in the same division as the Patriots.

Tannehill had a very successful rookie season considering that they have no receivers. They will keep him and focus on getting some new wideouts - like Bowe.
  • spiritcrusher
    Options

Tannehill had a very successful rookie season considering that they have no receivers. They will keep him and focus on getting some new wideouts - like Bowe.

I disagree, I think Hartline has a lot of potential.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Tebow's BEEN getting the shaft for a long time now. OH WAIT. Sorry. You meant something else...
  • buda12345
    buda12345 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    He's making a **** load of money to stay in shape. Something we are all trying to do for free. Now who's getting the shaft?
  • doorki
    Options

I disagree, I think Hartline has a lot of potential.

Hartline does have a lot of potential but you can't deny that he was the only dim light in a terrible field of WR.