Do u think Tebow is getting the shaft?

Options

Replies

• bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    At this point of the season why wouldnt you put Tebow in? It makes no sense.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You are kidding yourself if you think Tebow is good enough to make it in the NFL. Ryan doesn't seem to like him, but Ryan seems to like Sanchez, which is just as awful. I agree with the above poster... he will most likely end up with the Jaguars and get fan support there. But he'll still suck.
  • jeepzilla
    Options
    i'm a Broncos fan and called for Tebow to start in 2010 as well as 2011. the whole Tebow controversy is mostly created by and stoked by people in the media who don't like him for reasons that have nothing to do with football, but the reality is that the NFL is a "me too" league and every head coach wants a QB like Brady or Manning who can run an NFL pro-style passing offense. this is not Tebow's strong suit. he can get better, but this is just his 3rd year. he needs time and practice and lots of 1st string reps for that. what Tebow does bring to the table are skills many other QB don't have. to turn him into just a pocket passer is to eliminate what makes him unique. you have to actually build an offense around what Tebow can do including spread option plays, like what they are doing in Carolina and Washington DC for Newton and RGIII. Ryan and Sparano had no intention of ever doing that in NY. they viewed Tebow as a gimmick player to run a handful of wildcat plays. that was never going to work there. he needs to go to a team and a head coach who sees the intangibles what Tebow brings and is willing to endure the ridicule from the doubters on ESPN and elsewhere. i'm not sure there is a team out there willing to go out on a limb like that now. however, i saw every game he played here and the kid has plenty of skill throwing the football. he was as good as any rookie or 2nd year player who didn't get 1st string reps, except for the prodigies that come into the league like Andrew Luck. Tebow just needs to get better at reading coverages and fix some of his mechanics. he got no chance to do either in NY this year. good kid though... he's handled the whole circus pretty well. i'm afraid his NFL career may be over though and he'll have to head off to the CFL for a couple of years to develop and prove his doubters wrong.

^^^^^ this is right on the money the jets never planned on using him it was all to get people in the seats!!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Whats a Tebow?
    a Tebow is a running, scrambling, yet can't really throw the ball kind of NFL quarterback.....something that should have been left in college yet still clings to the NFL like a barnacle \m/

The 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers disagree.

that was the single best moment for the Broncos fanbase since the 2005 AFC championship game, until this year of course. check out some of the youtube videos of that game winning catch and watch SAF/Invesco erupt in cheers. it still gives me goosebumps. lots of Broncos still have good things to say about the kid even though he's no longer here.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/18/nfl-bailey-broncos-tebow/1712143/
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Let's put it this way: I'm not convinced he likes women.

I want a shot at convincing him.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Whats a Tebow?
    a Tebow is a running, scrambling, yet can't really throw the ball kind of NFL quarterback.....something that should have been left in college yet still clings to the NFL like a barnacle \m/

that was the single best moment for the Broncos fanbase since the 2005 AFC championship game, until this year of course. check out some of the youtube videos of that game winning catch and watch SAF/Invesco erupt in cheers. it still gives me goosebumps. lots of Broncos still have good things to say about the kid even though he's no longer here.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/18/nfl-bailey-broncos-tebow/1712143/

I don't even like the Broncos (I'm a Texans fan) but I thought that was one of the top 3 plays the the season last year.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

THat's just wrong
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Tebow's not getting any shaft; he's a virgin.
    Only if you prescribe to "anal doesn't count".
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    He got paid a lot of money to run a few running plays. As a matter of fact he got paid more for a season than I will likely make before I retire.

The New York fans got shafted as they brought in someone they couldn't allow to succeed. They are STUCK with Sanchez if they put Tebow in and let him cut lose and he did well they would look bad since they'd probably have to trade him away cause they'd take a BATH getting rid of Sanchez.

Instead, they slowed down their offense to swap out QBs for a single play where they all but announced over the PA they would be running the ball.

Besides he's horribly overrated and did well in Denver because of the environment and his teammates which made him look better than he was.

Had he been the Patriots backup QB when Brady got injured, he'd be vastly overpaid and a starting QB somewhere instead of Matt Kastle.
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I think Tebow is way over-rated. If he were a better QB, he wouldn't be "getting the shaft" .... he'd be getting field time. He needs to take a hint - the writing is on the wall. Of course, I saw today that Rex is threatening to walk if he doesn't get a better offensive line, so ... who knows what will happen after their season is over?
  • jeepzilla
    Options
    You are kidding yourself if you think Tebow is good enough to make it in the NFL. Ryan doesn't seem to like him, but Ryan seems to like Sanchez, which is just as awful. I agree with the above poster... he will most likely end up with the Jaguars and get fan support there. But he'll still suck.

either you have no clue about football or your just another tebow hater.. he took the crappy broncos to a winning record 8-5 as a starter!! and a playoff win so he is not a sucky QB. he might mechanical problems with his delivery but he is a good QB what he needs is a coach to help him.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see what will happen if Sanchez throws 3 picks in the 1st half, or gets injured. Not wishing any ill will, butt he poor Jets fand could use something to cheer about. I'm sure he'd have a couple of good plays. At least those would be fun to watch.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

either you have no clue about football or your just another tebow hater.. he took the crappy broncos to a winning record 8-5 as a starter!! and a playoff win so he is not a sucky QB. he might mechanical problems with his delivery but he is a good QB what he needs is a coach to help him.

I am a football fan and consider myself to be above average in football intellect and I am not a Tebow Hater...that being said Tebow was a great college QB but is not an average professional QB. Antwonne Randle El (sp) was a better college QB and probably takes fewer snaps than Tebow because he understood the difference between college and pro football.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Whats a Tebow?

Why you gotta bring that up? :sad:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

No, the Broncos defense kept the game close enough that Tebow was able to break something for one score using their gimmick offense. He is a mediocre QB at best and a bad running back at worst.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

THat's just wrong

Only if you believe what he says he does!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I think that Rex Ryan has no intentions of ever playing Tim Tebow unless he's instructed to by the GM or owner. That being the case, I hope Tim lands on a team for next season where he gets a fair chance to prove himself.

I agree.

I do think he's getting the shaft. He's not a good QB, but he seems to give it his all.

he needs to consider another position.

I think scs143 and racheljonel offered him another position to consider ....
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i'm a Broncos fan and called for Tebow to start in 2010 as well as 2011. the whole Tebow controversy is mostly created by and stoked by people in the media who don't like him for reasons that have nothing to do with football, but the reality is that the NFL is a "me too" league and every head coach wants a QB like Brady or Manning who can run an NFL pro-style passing offense. this is not Tebow's strong suit. he can get better, but this is just his 3rd year. he needs time and practice and lots of 1st string reps for that. what Tebow does bring to the table are skills many other QB don't have. to turn him into just a pocket passer is to eliminate what makes him unique. you have to actually build an offense around what Tebow can do including spread option plays, like what they are doing in Carolina and Washington DC for Newton and RGIII. Ryan and Sparano had no intention of ever doing that in NY. they viewed Tebow as a gimmick player to run a handful of wildcat plays. that was never going to work there. he needs to go to a team and a head coach who sees the intangibles what Tebow brings and is willing to endure the ridicule from the doubters on ESPN and elsewhere. i'm not sure there is a team out there willing to go out on a limb like that now. however, i saw every game he played here and the kid has plenty of skill throwing the football. he was as good as any rookie or 2nd year player who didn't get 1st string reps, except for the prodigies that come into the league like Andrew Luck. Tebow just needs to get better at reading coverages and fix some of his mechanics. he got no chance to do either in NY this year. good kid though... he's handled the whole circus pretty well. i'm afraid his NFL career may be over though and he'll have to head off to the CFL for a couple of years to develop and prove his doubters wrong.

You took the words right out of my mouth. He has potential. He showed us what he is capable of. Now he needs training and experience and he won't get that in NY. So hope he gets traded.

As for the haters, I think many people just hate him cause he is a Christian who stand behind his morals. That for some reason scares lots of people so they have to hate.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Whats a Tebow?

About 236 poun- Oh wait, that joke doesn't work with this name.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Yes.

All he did was win with the Broncos.

He got handed a bad situation with the NY Jets.

Perhaps things will work out in Jacksonville next season.