Do u think Tebow is getting the shaft?

Options

Replies

• capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Whats a Tebow?
    a Tebow is a running, scrambling, yet can't really throw the ball kind of NFL quarterback.....something that should have been left in college yet still clings to the NFL like a barnacle \m/

The 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers disagree.

This.

At least he's a positive role model in professional sports, something that is LACKING big time. Hate all you want on the guy, he's got more heart than 98% of all NFL players.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hartline does have a lot of potential but you can't deny that he was the only dim light in a terrible field of WR.
    Fair enough.

Hakeem Nicks has his contract up with the Giants pretty soon and I don't think they're going to resign him unless they get him for real cheap after his crap season. He probably wouldn't make it to the Dolphins but he'd solidify that team in the WR department.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

the Dolphins are very happy with Tannehill. Sanchez will be the starting QB for the Jets next year. Smith could end up in Buffalo.

With guys like Luck, RGIII and Wilson coming into the NFL, I don't even understand how it's possible to be happy with Tannehill.

he's under contract, they pay him alot, he's got a year under his belt in their system, the QB class in the next draft is weak, the Dolphins will be drafting as a 7 or 8 win team, etc.

in short, Tannehill is the starter there unless he flames out or gets injured.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Hartline does have a lot of potential but you can't deny that he was the only dim light in a terrible field of WR.
    Fair enough.

Hakeem Nicks has his contract up with the Giants pretty soon and I don't think they're going to resign him unless they get him for real cheap after his crap season. He probably wouldn't make it to the Dolphins but he'd solidify that team in the WR department.

I think Nicks would be a great grab after he has had an offseason to recover from his nagging injuries.
  • doorki
    Options

the Dolphins are very happy with Tannehill. Sanchez will be the starting QB for the Jets next year. Smith could end up in Buffalo.

With guys like Luck, RGIII and Wilson coming into the NFL, I don't even understand how it's possible to be happy with Tannehill.

he's under contract, they pay him alot, he's got a year under his belt in their system, the QB class in the next draft is weak, the Dolphins will be drafting as a 7 or 8 win team, etc.

He does not get paid that much by NFL standards due to the rookie wage scale. He has had more than a year in their system since their head coach was his college coach. Also, he is an above average QB on a team that has a lot of weaknesses, so they will look to shore those up before revisiting QB.
  • spiritcrusher
    Options
    Fair enough.

I think Nicks would be a great grab after he has had an offseason to recover from his nagging injuries.
    As a Giants fan, it'll be tough to see him go... Not as tough as what I've seen from him all season.

I'm just excited about Wilson breaking out as a big time RB.
  • doorki
    Options
    Fair enough.

]As a Giants fan, it'll be tough to see him go... Not as tough as what I've seen from him all season.

I'm just excited about Wilson breaking out as a big time RB.

Wilson is scary fast. His acceleration and such. As a Skins fan, I just need to hope he keeps his fumbles lol.
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Everytime I think my beloved Chicago Bears are a total train wreck, I remember there is a team called the J-E-T-S. Thank goodness for them.

While there might be a place for Tebow somewhere in the NFL, is is clear that it will not be on Mr. Ryan's Jets team. Whatever team does commit to him will have to reshape their offensive scheme to accommodate his talents. That will be difficult for an owner to agree to.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i'm a Broncos fan and called for Tebow to start in 2010 as well as 2011. the whole Tebow controversy is mostly created by and stoked by people in the media who don't like him for reasons that have nothing to do with football, but the reality is that the NFL is a "me too" league and every head coach wants a QB like Brady or Manning who can run an NFL pro-style passing offense. this is not Tebow's strong suit. he can get better, but this is just his 3rd year. he needs time and practice and lots of 1st string reps for that. what Tebow does bring to the table are skills many other QB don't have. to turn him into just a pocket passer is to eliminate what makes him unique. you have to actually build an offense around what Tebow can do including spread option plays, like what they are doing in Carolina and Washington DC for Newton and RGIII. Ryan and Sparano had no intention of ever doing that in NY. they viewed Tebow as a gimmick player to run a handful of wildcat plays. that was never going to work there. he needs to go to a team and a head coach who sees the intangibles what Tebow brings and is willing to endure the ridicule from the doubters on ESPN and elsewhere. i'm not sure there is a team out there willing to go out on a limb like that now. however, i saw every game he played here and the kid has plenty of skill throwing the football. he was as good as any rookie or 2nd year player who didn't get 1st string reps, except for the prodigies that come into the league like Andrew Luck. Tebow just needs to get better at reading coverages and fix some of his mechanics. he got no chance to do either in NY this year. good kid though... he's handled the whole circus pretty well. i'm afraid his NFL career may be over though and he'll have to head off to the CFL for a couple of years to develop and prove his doubters wrong.

Not only that, but he is a Godly man and really seems to care about the kids.I love the guy...role model much?
  • spiritcrusher
    Options

Wilson is scary fast. His acceleration and such. As a Skins fan, I just need to hope he keeps his fumbles lol.
    He has potential to be up there with Peterson... Doug Martin is another up and coming beast.

Speaking of Skins.... Alfred Morris and RGIII.... Enjoy taking division :\
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    He is a shaft
  • doorki
    Options
    i'm a Broncos fan and called for Tebow to start in 2010 as well as 2011. the whole Tebow controversy is mostly created by and stoked by people in the media who don't like him for reasons that have nothing to do with football, but the reality is that the NFL is a "me too" league and every head coach wants a QB like Brady or Manning who can run an NFL pro-style passing offense. this is not Tebow's strong suit. he can get better, but this is just his 3rd year. he needs time and practice and lots of 1st string reps for that. what Tebow does bring to the table are skills many other QB don't have. to turn him into just a pocket passer is to eliminate what makes him unique. you have to actually build an offense around what Tebow can do including spread option plays, like what they are doing in Carolina and Washington DC for Newton and RGIII. Ryan and Sparano had no intention of ever doing that in NY. they viewed Tebow as a gimmick player to run a handful of wildcat plays. that was never going to work there. he needs to go to a team and a head coach who sees the intangibles what Tebow brings and is willing to endure the ridicule from the doubters on ESPN and elsewhere. i'm not sure there is a team out there willing to go out on a limb like that now. however, i saw every game he played here and the kid has plenty of skill throwing the football. he was as good as any rookie or 2nd year player who didn't get 1st string reps, except for the prodigies that come into the league like Andrew Luck. Tebow just needs to get better at reading coverages and fix some of his mechanics. he got no chance to do either in NY this year. good kid though... he's handled the whole circus pretty well. i'm afraid his NFL career may be over though and he'll have to head off to the CFL for a couple of years to develop and prove his doubters wrong.

Not only that, but he is a Godly man and really seems to care about the kids.I love the guy...role model much?

There are plenty of "Godly" men in the NFL right now and in the past. His religion does not have anything to do with his inability to play the position of QB at the NFL level.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

He does not get paid that much by NFL standards due to the rookie wage scale. He has had more than a year in their system since their head coach was his college coach. Also, he is an above average QB on a team that has a lot of weaknesses, so they will look to shore those up before revisiting QB.

yes, that's right. i forgot about the new CBA. still, you have to look at his guaranteed money and his cap hit.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2012/07/31/full-details-on-ryan-tannehills-contract-miami-dolphins-tannehill-craft-a-unique-deal-to-benefit-both-sides/
  • doorki
    Options

He has potential to be up there with Peterson... Doug Martin is another up and coming beast.

Yeah, those two are nasty. I traded away Martin on my Fantasy Team this year....terrible choice lol.

Thanks =) I am excited but I can't wait to see what we can do when our D is at full strength next year.
  • spiritcrusher
    Options

Yeah, those two are nasty. I traded away Martin on my Fantasy Team this year....terrible choice lol.

Thanks =) I am excited but I can't wait to see what we can do when our D is at full strength next year.
    I have both Morris and RGIII on one of my teams. It's been a good season.

I hate to say it but I can see the redskins going far in the post-season.

At this point, the only team I'm expecting to make the superbowl are the Broncos.
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    To anyone saying Tebow isn't good enough to be in the NFL, you're just flat wrong. Just because he's not the prototypical QB that throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs a game doesn't mean he's bad. He got the job done in Denver. Who would you rather have, Tebow, who can lead a team to wins but can't play like a "regular" QB, or a guy like Romo who can throw for 300 yards every game but can't come up big to get wins to save his life.

In short, the guy knows how to win. It doesn't matter how he does it, he still does it.
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yes big time! But we know how to treat him here in Florida so he can come home.... Not to the dolphins but to Jacksonville...
  • spiritcrusher
    Options
    Yes big time! But we know how to treat him here in Florida so he can come home.... Not to the dolphins but to Jacksonville...
    Jacksonville is going to need a lot more than a quarterback to save them.... They're playing it out right. I predict a very solid team full of young stars in the future.
  • Luv2ChewBaca
    Luv2ChewBaca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am firmly in the Tebow camp...IDK f he could ever be a good QB, but Rex totally hosed him and he deserved a shot.
    Yes, I agree. He is a winner!! He'll be OK and will one day prove to many that they messed up, when they gave up on him!! Too bad he didn't have Peyton Manning coaching him on the same sideline.
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    To anyone saying Tebow isn't good enough to be in the NFL, you're just flat wrong. Just because he's not the prototypical QB that throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs a game doesn't mean he's bad. He got the job done in Denver. Who would you rather have, Tebow, who can lead a team to wins but can't play like a "regular" QB, or a guy like Romo who can throw for 300 yards every game but can't come up big to get wins to save his life.

In short, the guy knows how to win. It doesn't matter how he does it, he still does it.

I am a huge Cowboy fan.... I would be in heaven if we were to get Tebow and gladly watch inconsistent Romo leave.
    QB's need to be consistent not just throw 300+ yards a game... If you can not come out today and have a great game and turn around next week and still produce the same ability then you need to work on it or go...