What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• tacosandbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    Someone once told me that I need to push myself away from the table.

And my 9 month pregnant cousin yelled out, at a family gathering, "Look! I'm almost as big as you!"
  • MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    You look "happy"...
  • Synamin
    Synamin Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriends family member stated to me "He's only with you because you're pregnant."....Yeah, I wasn't pregnant....

After I started puberty, my hips and butt exploded, my mom would always make comments about my body, and make me wear bigger clothes to cover up the "fat".

Also go those "You would be so much cuter if you lost weight" comments.

Exploding hips (I suffer from that!) Can I borrow that expression, please ma'am?

It's really hard when your own family makes you feel like that. The worst part with my family was that while they were embarrassed and sometimes really mean about my curves, dinner was always fried chicken, gravy, enchiladas, meatloaf, fried potatoes and fried okra. Now that I think about it, the best part of my childhood was the freaking food.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriends family member stated to me "He's only with you because you're pregnant."....Yeah, I wasn't pregnant....

After I started puberty, my hips and butt exploded, my mom would always make comments about my body, and make me wear bigger clothes to cover up the "fat".

Also go those "You would be so much cuter if you lost weight" comments.

Exploding hips (I suffer from that!) Can I borrow that expression, please ma'am?

It's really hard when your own family makes you feel like that. The worst part with my family was that while they were embarrassed and sometimes really mean about my curves, dinner was always fried chicken, gravy, enchiladas, meatloaf, fried potatoes and fried okra. Now that I think about it, the best part of my childhood was the freaking food.

Of course you can borrow that expression :smile:

And the mention of fried okra, fried potatoes, fried chicken and enchiladas is making me want to go over my macros.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    When I was getting into shape after the birth of my son, "You're looking almost hot enough to fu*k." ~Father In Law

wtf.gif

NinaSMH.gif

I'm so sorry sweetie...that is just too disturbing for words....:noway: :noway:
  • iLuvJohnny1
    iLuvJohnny1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of a small shop when an old lady came up to me. She seemed nice enough, so I smiled at her. She asked when I was due. I could tell that she didn't mean it in a nasty way; I think she was actually asking; but I started to cry almost immediately. I lied quickly before I left and cried when I got home.

I was eleven years old.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I can't think of one specific comment so much as one day. I was really into body building in my early - mid 20s. This was before all the supplements so if you were natural you weren't going to get huge. But I was seriously buff for that time. Then I had a serious injury. Followed by a near fatal illness. Followed by job loss. Followed by depression. In the span of my ten months I completely gave up. I did zero exercise. I ate like I was still trying to gain muscle. I put on maybe 65 pounds or so in roughly ten months, but you also have to keep in my that I lost a good 15 to 20 pounds of muscle. I come from a very large family. When I went to the family Christmas party that year all of my relatives took such amazing glee at seeing me fat. All. Of. Them. Brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews. They were beside themselves with joy and couldn't stop pointing it out to me or each other. That really sucked because when I was in great shape I was never the type of person to look down on them for not being in shape. It really surprised me to see how much they had resented me being fit. It was weird. It also drove me deeper into the depression I was already fighting at the time.
  • princessariane
    princessariane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too, I have gotten asked if I was pregnant more than I care to remember (and wasn't).

Worst was in high school, at 5'3" and 130ish pounds, and visiting my grandparents. My grandfather hugged my mom, and said, "You've lost a lot of weight!", then turned to me and said, "And she gave it all to you!"
  • mypersonalfitnessjourney
    Options
    "I'm not attracted to overweight women. If you could lose 20 pounds, that would be great," followed by, "Are you the type that always eats dessert?"
  • Caterpillar_17
    Caterpillar_17 Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    When I was around eight, I had a day where I was eating more than usual because of having run around all day. One of my older relatives came up to me and said with disgust, "Don't you EVER stop eating?"
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Been asked multiple times if I was pregnant, but that wasn't the worst. When I asked my ex if he thought I was pretty, he said, "The mirror doesn't do you justice, you're bigger in person." I literally cried myself to sleep.
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    "Hey your butt looks smaller"

"Hey lard *kitten*"

"Hey, you've put on some weight haven't you"

"It's ok, when you get older your baby fat will go away"

Oh wait. I was only supposed to put one comment.

Shall I continue?

:sad:
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I can't think of one specific comment so much as one day. I was really into body building in my early - mid 20s. This was before all the supplements so if you were natural you weren't going to get huge. But I was seriously buff for that time. Then I had a serious injury. Followed by a near fatal illness. Followed by job loss. Followed by depression. In the span of my ten months I completely gave up. I did zero exercise. I ate like I was still trying to gain muscle. I put on maybe 65 pounds or so in roughly ten months, but you also have to keep in my that I lost a good 15 to 20 pounds of muscle. I come from a very large family. When I went to the family Christmas party that year all of my relatives took such amazing glee at seeing me fat. All. Of. Them. Brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews. They were beside themselves with joy and couldn't stop pointing it out to me or each other. That really sucked because when I was in great shape I was never the type of person to look down on them for not being in shape. It really surprised me to see how much they had resented me being fit. It was weird. It also drove me deeper into the depression I was already fighting at the time.

Some people can be such jerks. :explode:
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    All these stories are horrifying and just so sad.

When I was younger I was crippled by nasty comments and felt horrible about myself. It didn't' help that my own family was so dysfunctional that I was told I was fat all the time, even as a 6 year old. (I was never fat as a kid or teen) By my late 20s I realized that all these people who make nasty comments, not just about weight but whatever. They are just miserable people. They take all their own issues and anger and just throw it at others instead of trying to deal with this own issues.

Now I just feel sad for a person that says nasty things. My own MIL is 5 feet tall and over 200 lbs but she tells me I am fat. :laugh: She loves her little bubble of delusion

What I always tell people is fat is NOT a four letter word. I use the word fat without shame. I am fat, I am working on that to be healthier NOT because I am ashamed of myself in any way
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This was said to my girlfriend at a club many years ago "hey fatass, try Jenny Craig, it works". My other friend and I both simultaneously threw our drinks at him and my friend said "hey dumbass, you're wet, try a towel, it works". The sad part of the story is we laughed all the way out until my overweight friend burst into tears and sobbed all the way home. It still haunts me how devastated she was and she never wanted to club again. A couple of years later she did lose the weight but I honestly think it ruined going out for her. Still makes me tear up today :(
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Wow, people can be real D-Bags... Everyone on here needs a good Tazer. Let the tazer respond to D-Bags for you...

Maybe something to lighten the mood a bit?

So, it was my first bulk cycle. I have been at a reasonably healthy weight for decades after being a fat child. I had finally accepted that I needed to eat more in order to gain muscle. I doubled my food intake overnight and continued lifting like mad. I was making great strength gains and I could see the muscles getting larger with time. :happy:

I had been bulking for about 6-8 weeks and I had just gotten out of the shower. My Beautiful Wife was close by and so I started to flex a bit and do a few poses for her. (Because I'm a guy and that is what we do...) She looked at me admiringly and sauntered over. I was ready for a big kiss when she said "I thought your muscles were supposed to be growing faster than this." and she poked me in the belly with her finger. :huh:

Males have what is called an "Inner Peacock". It is why we grunt and strut around doing manly stuff. Well, my inner peacock was totally crushed!! As soon as she said it, she was like, "Oh, no...! :embarassed: That isn't what I mean..!! :noway: ) After my initial shock of "did she just say that?" I laughed my butt off! I still use the story against her to this day. :wink:

Coincidentally, I began a cut cycle not long after that... I Love my Beautiful Wife! :love:
  • JustineTakesItBack
    Options
    Wow, people can be real D-Bags... Everyone on here needs a good Tazer. Let the tazer respond to D-Bags for you...

Maybe something to lighten the mood a bit?

So, it was my first bulk cycle. I have been at a reasonably healthy weight for decades after being a fat child. I had finally accepted that I needed to eat more in order to gain muscle. I doubled my food intake overnight and continued lifting like mad. I was making great strength gains and I could see the muscles getting larger with time. :happy:

I had been bulking for about 6-8 weeks and I had just gotten out of the shower. My Beautiful Wife was close by and so I started to flex a bit and do a few poses for her. (Because I'm a guy and that is what we do...) She looked at me admiringly and sauntered over. I was ready for a big kiss when she said "I thought your muscles were supposed to be growing faster than this." and she poked me in the belly with her finger. :huh:

Males have what is called an "Inner Peacock". It is why we grunt and strut around doing manly stuff. Well, my inner peacock was totally crushed!! As soon as she said it, she was like, "Oh, no...! :embarassed: That isn't what I mean..!! :noway: ) After my initial shock of "did she just say that?" I laughed my butt off! I still use the story against her to this day. :wink:

Coincidentally, I began a cut cycle not long after that... I Love my Beautiful Wife! :love:

That...is somehow kind of a cute story. Is that bad to say?

My parents have always been overly critical. They used to tell me not to eat anymore while I was eating. They'd say stuff like, "Stop eating that! Look at you!" And I would hate them so much -.- We went to the Philippines when I was in 8th grade going into my Frosh year high school. EVERYONE commented on my weight. My aunt looked at me with disgust and said, "You're getting bigger and bigger." and another relative looked at me, laughed, said to the WHOLE FAMILY (which is ginormous, btw), "She looks like a cow." And then made her face into a blow fish, got on her tip toes, and brought her arms out way wide to imitate how big I was. Jerks. lol....
  • JulieAntler
    JulieAntler Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Lol you must be tall. Nothing wrong with a Glamazon! Work it! Lol

I second this!

I am 6 feet:). People sometimes just come up to me and stare. I get tired of it, but other times I don't mind. The Amazon thing...that is really hurtful when someone looks at you and says, "Wow...your like an amazon!" Whatever! I think I originally put on weight so that I didn't stand out so much...now I am older and I feel like who cares if I stand out! I can't wait to get back to my long tall skinny self:). I miss my body and can't wait to get it back!
  • JulieAntler
    JulieAntler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Daaamn, everyone on this thread has run into some real first-rate *kitten*!! I have been asked if I was pregnant on 3 different occasions by 3 different total strangers. I carry a lot of my weight in my midsection and I'm well aware of that. Didn't need people I didn't even know to help reinforce that point.

I will never EVER understand how people can say some of the things that have been said to people on this thread. I mean seriously, what in the hell is wrong with society?? If it doesn't affect you, then don't make a frigging comment, you know?

And if any guy you are dating says you are too fat to be attractive, dump him immediately.

You're right! I teach my kids that a persons body, face, even what they are wearing is not up for judgement. I tell my children to never, ever say a negative comment about a person's appearance, it is none of their business! And I feel like society would be better off if we could all do this!
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Daaamn, everyone on this thread has run into some real first-rate *kitten*!! I have been asked if I was pregnant on 3 different occasions by 3 different total strangers. I carry a lot of my weight in my midsection and I'm well aware of that. Didn't need people I didn't even know to help reinforce that point.

I will never EVER understand how people can say some of the things that have been said to people on this thread. I mean seriously, what in the hell is wrong with society?? If it doesn't affect you, then don't make a frigging comment, you know?

And if any guy you are dating says you are too fat to be attractive, dump him immediately.

You're right! I teach my kids that a persons body, face, even what they are wearing is not up for judgement. I tell my children to never, ever say a negative comment about a person's appearance, it is none of their business! And I feel like society would be better off if we could all do this!

And if everyone packed a tazer and was willing to use it... I'm just sayin'...