What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Apologies for my language but I'll bleep out what was said. Unfortunately, some racism was involved in one of them, which is why I partly remember it.

This was back in school and there was this one kid who always needed to say something to you even though you did nothing to them. I was walking through the door to go into the cafeteria when this dude said "Look at that fat c*nt, off to scoff everybody's food. I'm shocked he can fit through the doors."
    I told him to shut up.
    He then went on to say "Instead of scoffing chicken and pizza down your fat neck, why don't you eat bananas and while you're at it, get some exercise by swinging on trees, isn't that what you people do?"
    At this point, I ran to him and hit him as hard as I could a few times. Apparently, he needed to go to hospital because I cut him somewhere on his head. I didn't know where but I was told by a teacher he needed hospital treatment. I felt so bad afterwards but everybody supported me and said he got what he deserved.

I genuinely don't even know the kid's name though. I just remembered that, after he got out of hospital, he resumed being his nasty self. He were a couple of years older than me and he stopped bullying everyone because when he tried, people laughed and said that he weren't scary because he got battered by a Year 8 (he was in Year 10 at the time).

That was probably one of the worst comments I've ever had in my life. It cut me really deep because I felt so singled out in more ways than one. Hated that feeling.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My step dad would make the back up beeper noise anytime I walked into a room and would then yell "wide load coming through, everyone clear out and make room" and would put a wide load sign on my bedroom door. I was 14 - 19yrs old, 5' tall and around 130-135lbs. High school was beyond horrible. I was constantly told that the only way I could be so fat is if all I did was sit on the couch and eat potato chips (I was even told this by a few teachers). I went to school full time and worked almost full time hours to help pay the household bills, I didn't have time to sit around. I have always been fairly muscular and have a somewhat stocky build, because of that kids would tell me it was a good thing I had big boobs and a girly face otherwise I would look like a boy. Of course there was always all the normal fat jokes. The rude comments in the lunch line. If I sat down to eat lunch some of the "perfect" girls would walk over and make a big scene about telling me how I really didn't need to eat and that I had enough blubber to live on for the next x amount of years. I stopped eating in the lunch room and still hide my eating to this day.

People like that make me sick to my stomach. I'm not just saying this to make you feel better but you look awesome! People like that are just jealous because they want to be you. Just remember that haters are your motivators! I know that feeling of wanting to hide though! Felt that feeling quite a bit growing up.
  • Shauneexo
    Shauneexo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    "Why do you want to get so skinny? You'll lose your boobs and look gross."
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i was at my ex fiancé's house for dinner with her parents and other members of her extended family when we had first started dating and her father actually apologized for me being fat. he said something to the effect of " sorry, but she usually doesn't bring them home this big" to (what was to me) 6 or so strangers. I can remember the entire room fell silent and just stared at him.

the dude was a ****.
  • finallylean
    finallylean Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    This was a long time ago, prior to my weight loss. "ARE YOU PREGNANT?"
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between "You're so thin it's gross" and "Will this be your first?" (as in first baby)

I'm sure my face turned about ten shades of red both times
  • iggylove123
    Options
    I was rounder when I was younger and when I started going through puberty and getting taller I slimmed down some. My girl scout leader (I was in middle school) pulled me to the side and asked me if I lost weight. She said "that I looked really good now" and how I looked better than before.

In high school I was a varsity swimmer. I was fit and active. I could eat whatever I wanted. After my last season my senior year I didn't exercise at all and gained weight. In college, boys in my lab group made snide comments about how they could always hear me coming because apparently I was so MASSIVE.

Now the only comments I find rude are the ones saying that I look great now. I know that others mean well, but to me it's almost like they're saying "wow you looked like **** before, but now since you lost about 30 pounds you aren't a whale anymore!". I wish others would think about how they phrase compliments. I guess I shouldn't be complaining. I've always been self conscious when it comes to weight so any comment is seen negatively almost
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was a very fit 22 year old but will always have a bigger set of thighs and legs, just hereditary working there. I played soccer, racquetball, fastpitch, worked out. My boyfriend at the time said, "Damn you look so good up top, but ya gotta work on that bottom and then you'd really be hot". Still haunts me I think mostly because I knew the bottom would never equal the top. I had great abs and upper body. I'm thankful that the Kardashians and bigger athletes curves are more celebrated nowadays. My oldest daughter has my same body type but hopefully it will be something she can flaunt, not hide.
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest my significant other told me he wasn't attracted to me anymore cause I had let myself go. That is def the worst for me.
  • Hangnbang
    Hangnbang Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Got on talking scales once and it said one at a time :)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    "You're a big girl".....and I really wasn't. I was 130 pounds then, but the guy talking to me, a co-worker in college, came from a country where women are typically 90-110 pounds, so he considered me "big". :huh:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    The one that sticks with me the most was when I was in 4th grade and I was totally immersed in the book I was reading, so I didn't hear what happened before this, but all of a sudden the whole class started laughing. I looked up and everyone was staring at me, including the teacher. I was dumbfounded. Then the kid next to me leaned over and said to me, "He (the teacher) made a joke about how you're fat." I 100% believe the kid too, because that teacher was a world class prick and was borderline abusive to all of his students.

People have said worse things to me than that, but that one still sticks with me, because goddamn dude... I was 9 and he was an adult.
  • EternalDecadence
    EternalDecadence Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen, someone said I looked like a "fat Patty Duke". I wore a size zero at the time...hello! That really messes with a teen girl!
  • Log_n_Jog
    Log_n_Jog Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This question made me realize how many people have made comments about my weight throughout my life! I've heard "fat" comments from friends, teachers, exs, neighbors, and family members. But I think the one that hurt the most was when a random carload of guys drove past me (while I was out for a walk and trying to get exercise) and mooed at me-like a cow- then laughed hysterically as they drove away. Not going to lie, I cried after that one.
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Comment at Christmas dinner when I was in 9th grade from a 'great' aunt:

"You probably should not be eating that. Diabetes is serious and I won't be surprised if you have heart issues soon."

---Of course no one said anything to her! :grumble:

I love my grandmother more than anything else in the world but she also makes me feel awful. She ALWAYS comments on my weight with things like, "Did you just wake up? Your face looks fat," and "Thank GOD you are losing weight."

When I worked at a daycare kids would always ask if I was pregnant.

Middle school was the worst. People always made fun of me. I am glad I grew up and made a bunch of friends!! If I was the person I was then I would probably be suicidal. :frown: Words definitely do hurt.
  • Heditw
    Heditw Posts: 21
    Options
    "Υοu have reached the zenith of your fatness" my mom's comment
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal right before my 30th High School reunion. My good buddy from High School hadn't seen me in several months said I looked like a Holocost victim ... :noway:
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well i had an ex once say to me *while i was standing naked in front of him*

You are such an odd shape, its like you shouldnt be big. Because you have skinny arms and legs, but not your stomach or face.

Ummmkay!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My boss called me a butterball.
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I hated back when I was not trying to/hadn't lost weight, and someone goes, "did you lose weight? You look good!" and I could only think, I didn't lose any weight... did I look big one day?!