What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    In a conversation with my MOM, about me loosing 35 lbs., she said, "I don't know where." Later she said she didn't mean it that way. She meant that she didn't think I needed to loose weight to begin with.

I get told that a lot too. "Where in your toe?" Lol... But i want to lose about 30 more and firm up. Great job on your progress!!
    You look stunning!
  • xRay85Rayx
    Options
    In a conversation with my MOM, about me loosing 35 lbs., she said, "I don't know where." Later she said she didn't mean it that way. She meant that she didn't think I needed to loose weight to begin with.

I get told that a lot too. "Where in your toe?" Lol... But i want to lose about 30 more and firm up. Great job on your progress!!
    You look stunning!

Aww thanks!! :-D
  • ErinCE
    ErinCE Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. An old co-worker once told me I didn't have to worry about the weather being so cold because I had a lot of insulation.

2. When I was getting out of a friends car, a random person in a car driving by moo'd at me.

3. It's not a comment, but I had a plastic water bottle thrown at me when I was riding my bike. They're just jealous because I had a super snazzy ride! :P
  • psychicmedium26
    Options
    In high school, I got picked on a lot for being overweight. I had things thrown at me and pictures drawn of me as a big fat monster. One time, my classmates diecided to play a joke and picked on one guy and said he had a crush on me. They were pairing us as a couple throughout the class as a joke. He got so offended that he was paired with a fat girl that he blurted out "HELL NO, SHE'S FAT AS HELL" and then he proceeded to go around the class and ask male classmates "Isn't she fat as hell?" "She's obese man, right?" "Ugly and fat, hell no will anyone date her". The classmates he asked all nodded in agreement. I was mortified, embarrassed, hurt, and even though it's been few years since that incident, I still think back at it. It's just a memory that I can never get out of my mind. I think the worst part is, the teacher did nothing but watch me cry.

ugh this broke my heart.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My ex told me on our anniversary in the parking lot to the restaurant we were going to have lunch at to celebrate:
    "I'm just not interested in sex with you anymore. It's like having sex with a fat pig. You are too fat for me and it disgusts me."

I stayed in the car and cried before I joined him. I dumped him after 8 years of dating when he told me that I had to pick between him and my 11 year old daughter. I told him not to let the door hit him on the way out. I should have done it sooner.

And that's the story of how you got rid of over 180 (don't know the exact amount) of pure crap from one day to another! What a *kitten*, good for you that you got rid of him!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    In high school, I got picked on a lot for being overweight. I had things thrown at me and pictures drawn of me as a big fat monster. One time, my classmates diecided to play a joke and picked on one guy and said he had a crush on me. They were pairing us as a couple throughout the class as a joke. He got so offended that he was paired with a fat girl that he blurted out "HELL NO, SHE'S FAT AS HELL" and then he proceeded to go around the class and ask male classmates "Isn't she fat as hell?" "She's obese man, right?" "Ugly and fat, hell no will anyone date her". The classmates he asked all nodded in agreement. I was mortified, embarrassed, hurt, and even though it's been few years since that incident, I still think back at it. It's just a memory that I can never get out of my mind. I think the worst part is, the teacher did nothing but watch me cry.

"He got so offended that he was paired with a fat girl that he blurted out "HELL NO, SHE'S FAT AS HELL""

Oh my christ, I had to read this twice because I could have written it myself. The exact same thing happened to me in middle school, in sex ed class. We were doing skits, and they picked one boy and one girl for each skit. I was paired up with some random dude. When the teacher called our names to go up and read the skit, he and his friends pointed and laughed at me. He said "WHAT? I'M NOT HAVING SEX WITH HER, SHE'D SUFFOCATE ME HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!" The teachers didn't do anything, nobody did anything. I started bawling, the teachers wouldn't let me go to the bathroom to calm down. I had a panic attack and it was just a bad time. God that guy was a douche. I think he's in prison now.

edit: I have more stories. I'm shy and quiet so I've been a target many times.

Nobody asked me about my pregnancy until the day before I delivered. Was I so fat that nobody realized I was pregnant? I only had a HUGE belly sticking out way past my boobs, you know. I'm 100% serious, I would have paid someone to touch my belly and ask about my baby, it bothered me that much.

When I was in middle school, we were watching some movie and a guy was talking really loudly. We were going to have a quiz on the movie, so I needed to hear it and take notes. I shushed the guy, and he yelled "SHUT THE **** UP YOU BIG FAT COW!" The teacher didn't do anything.

I've had plenty of people tell me that I'm pretty now, but I'd be drop dead gorgeous if I lost weight. Thanks y'all, backhanded compliments are nice.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    10 year old me "I want to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader!"

Dad: "They don't let fat-*kitten* become cheerleaders."

I wasn't really that fat, I was the type of chubby some little girls go through right before starting puberty.

Years later, I talked to him about it. He had been drinking and he didn't remember it and when I told him how much it hurt, he cried(second time I had ever seen him cry.)

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you had to hear that, let alone hear it from your father, the one who's supposed to validate you, protect you, and speak words of life into you. I can only imagine the scar that comment must've left years after he spoke them in the atmosphere. I had to say something, this really breaks my heart.
  • Mello_Rello
    Options
    My husband and I were at a family function being held at my mother and father in-law's house. They usually keep their kitchen table pushed against the wall because it's pretty tight in their kitchen, but to seat everyone at the table, they had to pull it out from the wall and place seating around it.

So, we get our food from the counter and my husband goes to sit on the side of the table that is pulled out from the wall, I go to follow so I can sit beside him and my mother-in-law screeches from across the room "KATHY! LET THE SKINNY PEOPLE SIT BACK THERE! YOU WON'T FIT!". Now, I'm not even that big, pudgy maybe, but I was really surprised to be called out in front of everyone, especially by someone I'd hardly consider the epitome of health (but apparently she thought she was "skinny" enough to sit back there). So, naturally, I had a few choice words for her (As did my husband, he always has my back!). This happened 2 or 3 years ago, still stings...

Honey, you've got good solid man right there. Not afraid to stand up to his mother for you? I like him....you've got a good one.
  • Mello_Rello
    Options
    My ex boyfriends family member stated to me "He's only with you because you're pregnant."....Yeah, I wasn't pregnant....

After I started puberty, my hips and butt exploded, my mom would always make comments about my body, and make me wear bigger clothes to cover up the "fat".

Also go those "You would be so much cuter if you lost weight" comments.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Lol you must be tall. Nothing wrong with a Glamazon! Work it! Lol

I second this!
  • fificrazy
    Options
    10 year old me "I want to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader!"

Dad: "They don't let fat-*kitten* become cheerleaders."

I wasn't really that fat, I was the type of chubby some little girls go through right before starting puberty.

Years later, I talked to him about it. He had been drinking and he didn't remember it and when I told him how much it hurt, he cried(second time I had ever seen him cry.)

Pretty much the only logical conclusion seeing as most fathers would probably cringe and try to convince their 10 year old daughter to aspire to something else upon hearing that, like a doctor or vet or something haha... not comment on their size!
  • Iwantchange_22
    Iwantchange_22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Someone thought I was pregnant.

*cries*

Also my mother making me buy bigger clothes, than the size I actually was. Like jeez, Im fat but im not THAT fat. Nice confidence boost!
  • Init2winIt79
    Options
    'You were a cow!'
    :mad: :mad:

just not nice, he was not all that either
  • sveltemarilyn
    sveltemarilyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A cadaverously thin woman (of about 130 years in age) introduced herself to me as a friend of my mother-in-law's and said she'd met my husband. I said, "how nice" and she replied, looking me up and down with a jaundiced eye "But HES good looking!"

I said. "Um, yes he is." And she turned away in disgust. She was obviously upset that chubby me had landed such a handsome man. It offended her sense of order.

I've thought of several good comebacks since then, but I'm actually glad I was gracious and didn't rise to her bait. She has to live with herself. I get to live with my sweet husband.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Daaamn, everyone on this thread has run into some real first-rate *kitten*!! I have been asked if I was pregnant on 3 different occasions by 3 different total strangers. I carry a lot of my weight in my midsection and I'm well aware of that. Didn't need people I didn't even know to help reinforce that point.

I will never EVER understand how people can say some of the things that have been said to people on this thread. I mean seriously, what in the hell is wrong with society?? If it doesn't affect you, then don't make a frigging comment, you know?

And if any guy you are dating says you are too fat to be attractive, dump him immediately.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    A cadeverously thin woman of about 130 introduced herself to me as a friend of my mother-in-law's and said she'd met my husband. I said, "how nice" and she replied, looking me up and down with a jaundiced eye "But HES good looking!"

I said. "Um, yes he is." And she turned away in disgust. She was obviously upset that chubby me had landed such a handsome man. It offended her sense of order.

I've thought of several good comebacks since then, but I'm actually glad I was gracious and didn't rise to her bait. She has to live with herself. I get to live with my sweet husband.

Haha, wow, you are a better person than me. I would have called her out for the giant b*%#h she obviously is. Way to rise above such rudeness :)
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    When I was getting into shape after the birth of my son, "You're looking almost hot enough to fu*k." ~Father In Law
  • BekaP89
    BekaP89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    in high school my aunt would always ask me "when are you gonna lose those hips?" and after having my second child my belly didn't quite go away and somebody jokes around and says are you pregnant and not telling me (aka husband) I then make fun of his chicken legs lol
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    When I was getting into shape after the birth of my son, "You're looking almost hot enough to fu*k." ~Father In Law

wtf.gif
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Get off your fat, lazy *kitten*.......

As hurtful as that comment was, it made me even more resolute about my journey.....oh, and I feel differently about this person now, and not for the better.