What is Curvy?

Options
What is your opinion of curvy? Is it a specific size? Shape? I wonna know!

Replies

• sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    It will be different for every person who answers.

To me I consider curvy to be a smaller waist, round *kitten* and a handful or more of boobs.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'd say a defined waist, and hips that curve, and boobs. That can be any size I guess. I'm curvy, I've got an hourglass shape, but there are other versions of curvy.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Good question because is does seem to mean very different things to different people. For me it definitely describes a woman with some seriously rounded edges. At LEAST a size 12 and D cup. It's what you are just before you are "thick". I'd describe myself as curvy. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is into it (unfortunately)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's a shape, not a size.
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'd say a defined waist, and hips that curve, and boobs. That can be any size I guess. I'm curvy, I've got an hourglass shape, but there are other versions of curvy.

Well said in my opinion....I agree that it can be any size. I've seen size 2 curvy and too cute, as I've seen size 24 curvy and ROCK it!!! Curvy is different from bumpy or lumpy...but that's another convo for another day
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I believe it is when your not too big or too skinny to see your female curves.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i would say the difference between myself and a friends of mine, both currently 5"5', 160 ish lbs, size 8/10; to look at her she is a board (not much difference width wise between boobs/waist/hips) where as i am very hour glass (very noticeable difference between boobs/waist/hips)
    women-body-shapes-types-5111.png
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yeah this depends on each persons view. I'll always be "curvy" in my opinion because even when I'm in shape I have hips and a butt and when I lay on my side its curve after curve. Which makes buying pants impossible because they'll be loose on my waist and tight on my butt. I end up having to buy hip huggers or low riding pants because of it.
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like to think of curvy as having an hour glass shape. It's easy to confuse curvy with other shapes, such as top heavy, bottom heavy, or just plain fat. I would consider an hour glass shape with obvious rolls/stretch marks to be fat, because it is unknown what shape the person would have after weight loss.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Curvy is a shape! To me it is shoulder:waist:hip ratio. It has NOTHING to do with fat imo, only how u r built.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Curvy is a shape, not a size. you can be a curvy size 2-4, just like you can be a curvy size 18-20. And not all the ladies who are above a certain size are curvy.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    A SILLY label some people use to describe the female body.
  • fervc64
    Options
    It depends on where the curves are.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Rehashing this topic again, eh?
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Can be any size.. It's all to do with shape! I'm 114 pounds and consider myself curvy!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Oh good! Some new material. And I thought the forums were getting stale.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Curvy is a shape, not a size. you can be a curvy size 2-4, just like you can be a curvy size 18-20. And not all the ladies who are above a certain size are curvy.

^this
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Oh good! Some new material. And I thought the forums were getting stale.

9!!

Wait...wrong thread
  • cakeebaby
    Options
    KIM KARDASHIAN, JENNIFER LOPEZ AND BEYONCE ARE ALL GOOD ICONS FOR THEIR CURVY FIGURES.

IN MY OPINION IT IS BETTER TO HAVE BUM AND BOOBS RATHER THAN JUST SKIN AND BONES....AS LONG AS THERE ISN'T A MATCHING JELLY BELLY....MY PROBLEM ATM :P
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    What is your opinion of curvy? Is it a specific size? Shape? I wonna know!

you asked for MY OPINION and so here it is.

Two types of Curvy

1) Fat chicks who call themselves curvy when they should be calling the stairmaster while putting down the dunkin donuts. Most girls who call themselves curvy fall into this category (this category also includes chicks who think every guy is after her when really... we're not. Or, we're trying to talk to her to ask her to move out of the way so we can talk to her friend)

2) The REAL curvy girls. These are just that. Curvy. They're not slim stick thin. They're not overweight or obese. They're fit but are not RIPPED either. It possibly have something to do with the bone structure/genetics but they look HOT to me (and so do other body shapes/types who are fit).