Options
    Big T & A, small waist/stomach
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    curv·y
    /ˈkərvē/
    Adjective

Having many curves: "a curvy stretch of road".
    (esp. of a woman's figure) Shapely and voluptuous.

Synonyms
    curvaceous
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Curvy is a beautiful thing :)
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    What is your opinion of curvy? Is it a specific size? Shape? I wonna know!

you asked for MY OPINION and so here it is.

Two types of Curvy

1) Fat chicks who call themselves curvy when they should be calling the stairmaster while putting down the dunkin donuts. Most girls who call themselves curvy fall into this category (this category also includes chicks who think every guy is after her when really... we're not. Or, we're trying to talk to her to ask her to move out of the way so we can talk to her friend)

2) The REAL curvy girls. These are just that. Curvy. They're not slim stick thin. They're not overweight or obese. They're fit but are not RIPPED either. It possibly have something to do with the bone structure/genetics but they look HOT to me (and so do other body shapes/types who are fit).

Okay, I can respect and agree with some aspects of your answer- epespically #2. However, to me, what you just described was "thick". Which is "curvy", however, "curvy" truly doesn't have a "body mass", curvy, to me, means a shapely bottom, hips that protrude, maybe thicker thighs, more than likely a considerable back piece, (but not always- Curvy, to me, is primarily your shape. I have seen thin and heavy curvy women, and anything in the middle)-who were "curvy"; (again) protruding hips/a particular shape to the bottom area. Just because your large, does not mean you have "big hips" or "big butt". Being small, does not mean you CANNOT have hips, or a shapely butt, or big butt for that matter.

But, this is my opinion..

It seems some people believe curvy means your overweight, some people believe it means fit, some people even say it just because they are large, yet have no hips........you can't be curvy with no hips. Not saying anything is wrong with no hips, or "smaller hips", but it's just not "curvy". Curvy is a description for a "shape", not necessarily a size.....

I don't believe curvy is in actuality related to your waist size....or chest, although I'm share a flat or fit stomach is ideal for any body. And looks great on curvy figures, which in acutely what is considered "hourglass", which believe it or not I have have seen on very large women with this shape too, no six pack of course. And of course that's not the ideal hourglass either.
  • Dynam1teDyna
    Options
    Curvy is definitely a shape. I've seen curvy women of all sizes.
  • Maaarkk
    Maaarkk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Curvy - the thing that started a whole big argument earlier. LOLOL.
  • gipsykiss
    gipsykiss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me I am Curvy !! lol
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If you're shaped like an hourglass, that's curvy.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    The word "curvy" is now a synonym for overweight.

The whole "real women have curves" thing was actually just a marketing slogan for Lane Bryant to sell their jeans. Nothing more. They actually thought about it more than once and canned it. Just $. Advertising to the middle class masses.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I think all women are curvy...but some are concave, and some are convex! I'm aiming for the concave curve....
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options

To mis-quote Mike from "The Young Ones"...."I think you're overdoing the [curvy] motif in this conversation".
    Young Ones FTW!
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    My opinion, curvy means a noticeably smaller waist than the chest and hips. That can happen at many sizes.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I agree with the definition of smaller waist, fuller hips/breasts.
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It's a label of a "Fit" at Talbots. Personally I love it as I don't waste a ton of time trying on the wrong fit!
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Yeah this depends on each persons view. I'll always be "curvy" in my opinion because even when I'm in shape I have hips and a butt and when I lay on my side its curve after curve. Which makes buying pants impossible because they'll be loose on my waist and tight on my butt. I end up having to buy hip huggers or low riding pants because of it.

WOW I know right.... Shopping for pants is a mission.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Was Marilyn curvy here? 33 -24 -34??
    marilyn-monroe-curvy-490x341.jpg
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Two types of Curvy

1) Fat chicks who call themselves curvy when they should be calling the stairmaster while putting down the dunkin donuts. Most girls who call themselves curvy fall into this category (this category also includes chicks who think every guy is after her when really... we're not. Or, we're trying to talk to her to ask her to move out of the way so we can talk to her friend)

2) The REAL curvy girls. These are just that. Curvy. They're not slim stick thin. They're not overweight or obese. They're fit but are not RIPPED either. It possibly have something to do with the bone structure/genetics but they look HOT to me (and so do other body shapes/types who are fit).
    If I were president of a university, you just earned a PHD.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I have one big curve, my butt. My arms are curvy, and so are my thighs. Am i curvy?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Two types of Curvy

Okay, I can respect and agree with some aspects of your answer- epespically #2. However, to me, what you just described was "thick". Which is "curvy", however, "curvy" truly doesn't have a "body mass", curvy, to me, means a shapely bottom, hips that protrude, maybe thicker thighs, more than likely a considerable back piece, (but not always- Curvy, to me, is primarily your shape. I have seen thin and heavy curvy women, and anything in the middle)-who were "curvy"; (again) protruding hips/a particular shape to the bottom area. Just because your large, does not mean you have "big hips" or "big butt". Being small, does not mean you CANNOT have hips, or a shapely butt, or big butt for that matter.

But, this is my opinion..

It seems some people believe curvy means your overweight, some people believe it means fit, some people even say it just because they are large, yet have no hips........you can't be curvy with no hips. Not saying anything is wrong with no hips, or "smaller hips", but it's just not "curvy". Curvy is a description for a "shape", not necessarily a size.....

I don't believe curvy is in actuality related to your waist size....or chest, although I'm share a flat or fit stomach is ideal for any body. And looks great on curvy figures, which in acutely what is considered "hourglass", which believe it or not I have have seen on very large women with this shape too, no six pack of course. And of course that's not the ideal hourglass either.

I don't recall saying thick was curvy. See thick to me is a higher BF% that is bordering overweight (sometimes already in overweight). Think Christina Hendricks. I think some other person said it better than me that when your butt and boobs are larger than your tummy, that is curvy.

Also, this word is highly percepective dependent. I mean... what is a big burn in workouts? To some, it is 200 calories. To some its 1,000 calories. To me, it is above 2,500. All about percepective
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Two types of Curvy

\You don't need to be a jerk about it you know, can't we just let women not completely hate their bodies?

First, not being a jerk. If you don't want an answer you don't wanna hear, don't ask the question

Second, Why is it MY problem that YOU are so insecure that a stranger on the internet is making you hate your own body?

Third, learn to read a joke please. It isn't hard. Sometimes it is good to laugh at the fact that some fatties are delusional (including me). Laugh about it. Makes it easier to be happy and easier to get to the point of fitness you desire.