What is Curvy?

Options

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    What is your opinion of curvy? Is it a specific size? Shape? I wonna know!

you asked for MY OPINION and so here it is.

Two types of Curvy

1) Fat chicks who call themselves curvy when they should be calling the stairmaster while putting down the dunkin donuts. Most girls who call themselves curvy fall into this category (this category also includes chicks who think every guy is after her when really... we're not. Or, we're trying to talk to her to ask her to move out of the way so we can talk to her friend)

2) The REAL curvy girls. These are just that. Curvy. They're not slim stick thin. They're not overweight or obese. They're fit but are not RIPPED either. It possibly have something to do with the bone structure/genetics but they look HOT to me (and so do other body shapes/types who are fit).

This
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options

Two types of Curvy

1) Fat chicks who call themselves curvy when they should be calling the stairmaster while putting down the dunkin donuts. Most girls who call themselves curvy fall into this category (this category also includes chicks who think every guy is after her when really... we're not. Or, we're trying to talk to her to ask her to move out of the way so we can talk to her friend)

2) The REAL curvy girls. These are just that. Curvy. They're not slim stick thin. They're not overweight or obese. They're fit but are not RIPPED either. It possibly have something to do with the bone structure/genetics but they look HOT to me (and so do other body shapes/types who are fit).

Okay, I can respect and agree with some aspects of your answer- epespically #2. However, to me, what you just described was "thick". Which is "curvy", however, "curvy" truly doesn't have a "body mass", curvy, to me, means a shapely bottom, hips that protrude, maybe thicker thighs, more than likely a considerable back piece, (but not always- Curvy, to me, is primarily your shape. I have seen thin and heavy curvy women, and anything in the middle)-who were "curvy"; (again) protruding hips/a particular shape to the bottom area. Just because your large, does not mean you have "big hips" or "big butt". Being small, does not mean you CANNOT have hips, or a shapely butt, or big butt for that matter.

But, this is my opinion..

It seems some people believe curvy means your overweight, some people believe it means fit, some people even say it just because they are large, yet have no hips........you can't be curvy with no hips. Not saying anything is wrong with no hips, or "smaller hips", but it's just not "curvy". Curvy is a description for a "shape", not necessarily a size.....

I don't believe curvy is in actuality related to your waist size....or chest, although I'm share a flat or fit stomach is ideal for any body. And looks great on curvy figures, which in acutely what is considered "hourglass", which believe it or not I have have seen on very large women with this shape too, no six pack of course. And of course that's not the ideal hourglass either.

I don't recall saying thick was curvy. See thick to me is a higher BF% that is bordering overweight (sometimes already in overweight). Think Christina Hendricks. I think some other person said it better than me that when your butt and boobs are larger than your tummy, that is curvy.

Also, this word is highly percepective dependent. I mean... what is a big burn in workouts? To some, it is 200 calories. To some its 1,000 calories. To me, it is above 2,500. All about percepective

You said:They're not slim stick thin. They're not overweight or obese. They're fit but are not RIPPED either. It possibly have something to do with the bone structure/genetics but they look HOT to me (and so do other body shapes/types who are fit).

To me, that's "Thick"..............................lol, either way, I like your answers and can appreciate them hunni.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Was Marilyn curvy here? 33 -24 -34??
    marilyn-monroe-curvy-490x341.jpg

Curvy is curvy. I can post millions of pictures of my def of curvy from woman from 110-310, lol. Yes, she looks thin and curvy to me. Not "thick" though and not very curvy, as in huge butt and hips, but def curvy. I've seen her way more thicker tough.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Curvy is curvy. I can post millions of pictures of my def of curvy from woman from 110-310, lol. Yes, she looks thin and curvy to me. Not "thick" though and not very curvy, as in huge butt and hips, but def curvy. I've seen her way more thicker tough.

You can't tell from that photo what her butt and hips look like. It's a seated side view. Based on the stated measurements, she is curvy. She's an hourglass.

And a large rear end isn't necessary for a curvy figure. I'm an extreme hourglass (12-inch difference in my waist compared to bust and hips, no matter how thin or "thick" I am). My hips are wide. My rear has shape and definition, but it is not large.
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Curvy girls are hot imo. Too many overweight girls use and abuse the term "curvy" by claiming they are not fat but curvy. That is irritating. Beyonce is curvy and hot. Rosie O'donnell is fat, not curvy and not hot. Great topic!
  • RavenLoonatic
    Options
    I agree with the majority of people in this topic. About not liking when big girls call themselves curvy. Rolls do not equal curves. I read somewhere that to be "curvy" there must be a significant inches fluctuation between bust & waist, then waist & hips. That said, a curvy girl could be 34-22-34. That is super tiny whether a person is 5'9 or 5'2. I am 5'9, I am in the higher area of my "normal weight range" for my height and age. I am slightly curvy 36-31-37. Now, when I am at the lower end of my "normal weight range", I am a very long/curvy 34-27-35. Curvy is very different for everyone. Every woman is different. Every body is different. You cannot make yourself curvy.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

24703788.jpg
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    HOLY JESUS! Why do you give a flip what random interwebbers think curvy means? This *kitten* gets thrown around these forums every thirty seconds and always ends up exactly the same way. Curvy means whatever you want to tell yourself it means.

:drinker:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    HOLY JESUS! Why do you give a flip what random interwebbers think curvy means? This *kitten* gets thrown around these forums every thirty seconds and always ends up exactly the same way. Curvy means whatever you want to tell yourself it means.

:drinker:
    Umm no. A female who has a backside of an carrier flight deck, isn't classified as curvy. So it doesn't "means whatever you want to tell yourself it means."
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Off topic but...
    THIS is a beautiful picture that shows a woman TRUTHFULLY. Today, in a print ad, that little tummy roll would be photoshopped out.
    This is what is wrong with the media.
    EVERYONE gets that roll when sitting like that.
    And photoshop tells little girls that they shouldn't.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The waist/hip ratio is the biggest determining factor when I think of "curvy". A size 2 girl can be a little curvy and a size 22 girl can be curvy when their waist/hip ratio is big enough. Boobs help too, but that bottom curvature coming from the waist is the main thing that I look at when I think about "curvy". Booty :)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I like to think of curvy as having an hour glass shape. It's easy to confuse curvy with other shapes, such as top heavy, bottom heavy, or just plain fat. I would consider an hour glass shape with obvious rolls/stretch marks to be fat, because it is unknown what shape the person would have after weight loss.

What's the stretch marks got to do with fat/curvy/shape??

For me, curvy is a certain shape. You can be a small size and curvy, or a larger size and not that curvy. I see it like an hourglass or pear-shape, you can see obvious curves on the body, the differences in size/measurements between the chest/waist/hips for example.

In all honestly, I think it's a bit of a silly word since nowadays as it seems to be used more to describe women who are slightly larger (not necessarily overweight) and is also often used in the shaming of women with more slender (straight up and down bodies) Slim people can be curvy too. All healthy body types are desirable, the difference lies within personal preferences.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I like to think of curvy as having an hour glass shape. It's easy to confuse curvy with other shapes, such as top heavy, bottom heavy, or just plain fat. I would consider an hour glass shape with obvious rolls/stretch marks to be fat, because it is unknown what shape the person would have after weight loss.

What's the stretch marks got to do with fat/curvy/shape??
    I wondered that, too. I have stretch marks from growth spurts in puberty and being pregnant. I had them when I was a curvy size 3.
  • queenrahming
    Options
    Well I am curvy too,it's a shape not a size.There are different body type so it doesnt matter how much weight is lost the curve will still be there but more defined and firm(perfected).I do believe we can shape our body through doing certain exercise but no matter how much you clean and polish a wine glass it can not turn into a tea cup.So to me body types have better advantages,but all are beautiful at its best.:wink:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Everybody has a different idea of "curvy". Myself though I'm a good bit smaller than what some women would call "curvy" ...I'm little in the middle with a large top and big hips.
    Thus I call myself curvy.

I have too much to do in my day to really sit and complain about the words people use to define themselves.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If you look at a girl and there is immediately some place you would like to put your hands, congratulations, I believe you just found a curvy spot!
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    So what the conclusion then? What is Curvy?....................LOL
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    There is no Curvy, there is only ZOOL!
  • Dynam1teDyna
    Options
    Curvy is working with what you have to its fullest potential, meaning you play up your assets. I mean ANY and ALL of your assets- nice lips wear red lipstick, nice feet-pedicure, great eyes-eyeliner to make 'em pop! Curvy is a state of mind! (Box, what box, I don't think inside of cardboard-recycle?!?!) Friend me up so we can work on our curvy! ;-)
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Two types of Curvy

\You don't need to be a jerk about it you know, can't we just let women not completely hate their bodies?

First, not being a jerk. If you don't want an answer you don't wanna hear, don't ask the question

Second, Why is it MY problem that YOU are so insecure that a stranger on the internet is making you hate your own body?

Third, learn to read a joke please. It isn't hard. Sometimes it is good to laugh at the fact that some fatties are delusional (including me). Laugh about it. Makes it easier to be happy and easier to get to the point of fitness you desire.

You aren't making me feel insecure. I don't care what you think. But I can guarantee some women might feel degraded by comments like 'they should be on the stairmaster instead of eating dunkin donuts'. Almost every fat chick I know tries to diet and exercise - it's just harder for them (usually because of emotional issues that make them overeat). People who say stuff like this are not helpful.

When I was in my teen years, I was morbidly obese. Like 170lbs heavier than I am now. People called me a whale. People moo'ed at me when I walked down the street and screamed obscenities out the window. I hated my body, I hated myself and I just wanted to die. I honestly didn't care. These body shaming comments would have just made me feel worse about myself. I attempted suicide twice and was in counselling and on medication.

What changed? I found some friends who cared about me, got a job, got a little bit more self esteem and finally started to want to make the change. Had I actually learned to like myself a little bit more when I was larger, I probably would have gotten there sooner. But because people like you would tell me I should hate my body it made me hate myself

I know fat people are an easy target for people like you. You are justifying it by making out we all think we're top ****. We don't. We're just trying to get by with a shred of dignity and our ego in tact.