200 Sit up Challenge 2010

Options

Replies

• Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I'm doing the initial test tonight. I'm not expecting much. :laugh: I'll do the initial test for the pushups challenge tonight too (I'm expecting even less there :tongue:).

Where can I find the pushups challenge? I am TERRIBLE at them and need to challenge myself to get better
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the initial test tonight. I'm not expecting much. :laugh: I'll do the initial test for the pushups challenge tonight too (I'm expecting even less there :tongue:).

Where can I find the pushups challenge? I am TERRIBLE at them and need to challenge myself to get better

jerzeebabie, here is the link for the push up challenge...im not ready for that yet!! http://www.hundredpushups.com/
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

jerzeebabie, here is the link for the push up challenge...im not ready for that yet!! http://www.hundredpushups.com/

I started it many months ago and never followed through. I was doing 30 day shred at the time, too and it was just too much for me. But it stuck with me a little because I was able to do 29 pushups (girl kind) last night. I think my first initial test 5-6 months ago was like 8. :laugh: It helps that I'm lighter now, too.

I'm a glutton for punishment (did I mention my abs and arms are sore today?) so I'm going to throw in the squats challenge, too. :wink: http://www.twohundredsquats.com/ I need to kick my exercise up a notch and 100 pushups, 200 situps, and 200 squats several times a week sounds like a good way to do it. :wink:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    PLEASE HELP !!! :happy:

:laugh: I will not even say what my initial test results were :laugh: However I am still up for the challenge!! My first day will be tomorrow I will do sat, mon, wends. I have a question please. Can anyone give a newbie advice in reguards to breathing. I am almost hyperventilated because I do not know how to do the breathing right I think I am taking it too literal and breathing too hard when I inhale and exhale if that make sense. I would be very appreciative of any advise.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of going low-tech with the equipment :) I have have PLENTY of weight to on hand, might as well use it to provide some resistance work!

I was pretty sure I couldn't even do one push-up so I just tried a girl style one and I did! (just one). I'm guessing that some of the arm work on the elliptical machine must be paying off! I'm going to start the push-up challange at the easiest spot and see how I do!

kimbersnewlife- you might be breathing too hard and crunching too fast! Make sure you focus your eyes on a spot above you and slowly crunch up while you breath in, hold it a sec and just naturally exhale as you go back. Having a little pause between them is fine. If you like going a little faster then just keep inhaling slowing through two crunches - the biggest issue is you don't want to be holding your breath and bracing against it!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Make sure you focus your eyes on a spot above you and slowly crunch up while you breath in, hold it a sec and just naturally exhale as you go back.

Exhale as you crunch forward and inhale on the way back down. That way you're not fighting against your diaphragm and air in your lungs. Just like when you're weight training, you exhale when you're exerting yourself lifting the weights and inhale on the way back down. It helps more than you might think.
    If you got in 80+ breathing this way, you'd probably get in 80 more exhaling as you crunch up and inhaling as you drop back! You're a machine. :wink:
  • cris20056
    Options
    jlb- You are def a glutton for punishment! But thats why I love ya! You make me want to keep up with you and your ever expanding array of challenges!

If I were doing squats, push ups, sit ups and the c25k plan I think I would have quit by now!

besides if i do it all at once what am I supposed to do when I finish it? hehe :laugh:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I also started on week 3 and this was my first day:

set 1: 18
    set 2: 25
    set 3: 19
    set 4: 19
    set 5 max ( at least 25)...i was shaky and bearly made it...

Can't wait for Saturday ..lol..:)

You must be in a different column of week 3 (im column 1) because our sets are totally different. I could barely do the max of set 5 (14) if that makes u feel better?! :blushing: :bigsmile:

I am in teh middle column because I fall into the age group 30- 40...i am I am 32 yeas od..
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    I also started on week 3 and this was my first day:

set 1: 18
    set 2: 25
    set 3: 19
    set 4: 19
    set 5 max ( at least 25)...i was shaky and bearly made it...

Can't wait for Saturday ..lol..:)

You must be in a different column of week 3 (im column 1) because our sets are totally different. I could barely do the max of set 5 (14) if that makes u feel better?! :blushing: :bigsmile:

I am in the middle column because I fall into the age group 30- 40...i am I am 32 yeas od..

I think that the numbers at the top don't refer to your age, they refer to how many crunches you did in your test :) I started in column three...
  • cris20056
    Options
    positively me- i tihnk the numbers on the top are supposed to guide you based on your initial test. For example: I did 30 push ups in my initial test. It told me to move to week 3 column 1 (column 1 is for 21-30 situps)...I hope that helps!!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    jlb123 - OMG so much easier! I guess I thought it was supposed to be harder, but by breathing you forced yourself to work over it without leveraging off of it!

It seems really funny to me that I might have built up this strong core over the last six to eight weeks and have nice abs buried deep under a thick padding of fat!

editied to make it slightly more readable!
  • LindsaySarai
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I did the initial test and got 30 in. So I guess I am in column 3.

Are we supposed to be able to get onto the logger page? I can't seem to be able to connect to it.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    It seems really funny to me that I might have built up this strong core over the last six to eight weeks and have nice abs buried deep under a thick padding of fat!

You must've! Lately I've been noticing my midsection is a lot firmer -- I think my abs have been getting stronger through my running and biking! I make a point to try to take some of the work off my legs by concentrating on my core. I'm 100% certain it's all in my head, but I swear I can see a little definition at the very top of my tummy in the right lighting. :laugh:

My abs are getting more sore as the day progresses. I should've learned my lesson about trying so hard to keep up with mstahl after what happened with the stairs last week. :tongue:

Greatcandles727- Welcome! I don't know about the logging page -- I'm not interested in it. It's a nonessential thing. :flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Cris and Mstahl: I am not sure because when i took the test for the sit ups on the top of the catigories is says the ages and where i fall based how much i did...

initial test: the road to two hundred sit ups:

Ages: 30 years 30 - 39 years 40 and over
    excellent: over 76 over 71 over 62
    very good: 59 - 76 52 - 71 47 - 61
    good : 50 - 58 46 - 51 37 - 46
    average: 40 - 49 38 - 45 25 - 36
    poor: 0 - 39 0 - 37 0 - 24

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/test.html

So I fell in the "average" department and because i am between 30-39 y/o....it was in the middle section and when i read the information for week 1 and it states that on your test if you did more than 30 situps then move to week 3...so i took it as i am still in the middle section based on the test...I hope that make any sense..sorry if it doesn't..
    not sure now, I moved to week 3 but i am not sure what section now??? help if you can..thanks.

I did 41 situps on my test..
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi Positively me,
    You fall in the same group as I did, I got 45 on my test.
    We are supposed to start in the far right column of the week 3 page
    over 30
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've just signed up for this site and I saw this challenge. I will start my official day tomorrow with the initial test. never done an online group before, but I NEED to drop these 30 lbs. I started a 5K training Dec. 27th, so I am on week 8 of that, but haven't really watched my eating...SO here I am...

My starting weight is 158...goal is 130...I'll do the measurements and test tomorrow.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    matahl .. Thank you for your help we will see how I do tomorrow :) I am really loving all this support and I'm pumped for this challenge!!! Thanks again!!:flowerforyou:
  • izbet106
    izbet106 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I did my initial test tonight and got up to 50, which I felt pretty good about. Monday will start the challenge!
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Okay, I took the initial test...ugh! I have a ways to go. But...I will get there...

did 35...so I am starting on week 3...second column 18-25-19-19-max

I'll start Next week on this...when I do my regular workout program
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Hi Positively me,
    You fall in the same group as I did, I got 45 on my test.
    We are supposed to start in the far right column of the week 3 page
    over 30

OK. Thanks so much!:flowerforyou: