200 Sit up Challenge 2010

Replies

• meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Checking in for 2/27
    Phew, I managed to do day 2 of week 3 right column.
    Toughest yet especially since I did 30 day shred earlier in the day for the first time!!:happy:
    So pleased that I don't need to do this again until Tuesday.

My set today was
    over 38 (I did 40)
  • Did the initial test today. 40 situps and Im 41 so that's not too bad. Starting MWF (though F might be Sa or Sun some weeks) tomorrow! It told me to start on Week 3 so that's what I'm doing! Week 3 is ON!

Wish me luck!! :)
    Hoping to get them done early early before the kids wake up!
  • I'm also committing to doing 60 lower ab lifts every day. Started today!

It's where you lay on a bench (at the gym or even a bed) with your bum right at the very edge. Put your hands over your head, bent at the elbow and hold on to the edges of the bench. Start with your knees bent, feet resting on the floor. Then lift your legs to your chest (knees bent) and lower them down but not far enough to touch the floor. Do it 20 times and rest for 30sec-1min and do another set of 20 for a total of three sets of 20 or 60 lower ab lifts. I'm noticing a great difference esp for me, who had a csection and two other abdominal surgeries! Maybe there's a bikini in my future! ??
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 635 Member
    I'm going to do the test tonight. Seems easy enough on paper/monitor, but I'll see tonight.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 635 Member
    OK just did the test...I stopped at 50...does that sound too high? My neck started to hurt(abs too), I'm pretty sure my form was good. Fingers behind the ears trying not to strain my neck. Oh well, going to wait a couple of days as they suggest to start.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    I got in late last night and didn't work out this morning (I'm on a mission to get 7 hours sleep every night) so I'll be doing my Week 3 day 2 tonight!

My "up" steps at work contest is over so I'm going to start doing the squat challenge tonight! Then I'll do squats MWF and steps T/TR - which should help some! I'm also going to start the push-up challenge tonight - My push-up test went VERY fast- like uhm... 1.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    sit up challenge week 3 workout 2

logging in 2/27/10:

my sets were:
    max- miniumum 18...I did 40!! :flowerforyou:

I pushed my self a little hard this time and I def felt the burn.

How is everyone else doing?
  • cris20056
    mstahl- lol I am not even attempting the push ups yet, I dont know that I could do 1, not even a girly one. My arms so weak

Good luck with your challenges!
  • izbet106
    izbet106 Posts: 495 Member
    Cris,

I am with you on the pushups. I saw a girl at the gyme this morning doing full push-ups with one foot off the ground! Maybe, one day.....

I did Week Three, day one today

40 (min 30)

But I have to confess that my form isn't looking exactly like the pictures on the website. I can get my shoulder blades up pretty strong, but my back just doesn't round like it does in the instructions. Am I cheating?
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Just did day one of week 3! And did some strengthening/stretching for 25 minutes...I am following a 10 K training program...today was day 1 of that as well. It's an 8 week program. I am motivated!! I am GOING to lose those 8-10 lbs this month!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    I did week 3 day 2 today. My max was 42...it had to be at least 38...i started to shake and i could feel the burn...wow what a burn

Have a great day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 646 Member
    Hey Everyone!!! I am actually starting my challenge tonight!! Will keep everyone posted ;)

Better Late Than Never ;)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Finally started my sit up challenge tonight!! Hot abs here I come!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Got in week 3 day 2 tonight - Mrs. Fig stood on my pony tail for part of that which didn't help too much. For what ever reason it was much harder tonight which is a Good THING I'm sure!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Started tonight with week 3, day 1 middle column.

[[I also did week 3 day 1 middle column of the 100 push ups challenge
    12, 17, 13, 13, 17
    This one was much more difficult for me.

And, I also did week 3 day 1 3rd column of the 200 squats challenge
    19, 24, 19, 19, 30

So, that's 111 sit ups; 72 push ups; 111 squats.
    I'm banking on lots of pain tomorrow. :laugh:]]

It looks like I'm going to be on a Monday, Thursday, Saturday schedule which is the same as my running schedule but I don't know how else to fit it in. It took me about 25 minutes to make it through all 3 challenges (I just rotated so it was a continuous thing).
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    JLB,
    this explains why you have done so well with your weight loss, you are actually wonder woman !!!
    What possessed you to do all 3 at once??? Please let me know if you are able to get out of bed tomorrow morning.:drinker: :laugh:
  • ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Hi All!
    I'm going to start this in the morning. I'm skipping the initial test because I know it won't be a very good number anyway.
    Thanks for the encouragement!
  • cris20056
    meook- jlb is a glutton for punishment, she's said it herself! :laugh: :laugh: I totally agree she's super woman. We're so lucky to have her here for inspiration!

nichole- I would still do the initial test, it cant hurt and you might surprise yourself!! Welcome to the challenge!
  • cris20056
    sit up challenge week 3 workout 3

checking in 3/02/10:

my sets were:
    max- miniumum 20...I did 42!!

OH HOW IT BURNS!!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    JLB,
    this explains why you have done so well with your weight loss, you are actually wonder woman !!!
    What possessed you to do all 3 at once??? Please let me know if you are able to get out of bed tomorrow morning.:drinker: :laugh:

LOL
    I'm actually alright today. I'm sore in all the right places but not too bad at all.

I just decided to do all 3 at once because I remember when I was doing the pushup challenge before, I felt so bored waiting a minute or two between sets. So, this way, I don't have any down time. Just do my set of squats, then my set of pushups, then my set of sit ups and repeat. Those pushups are kicking my butt though, I may drop back to week 2. We'll see.

And wonder woman -- pfffft. Stop it -- you guys are making me blush. :laugh: Like Cris repeated -- I'm really just an overzealous glutton. :wink: And I'm SO grateful for all of you!! I swear I would not be where I am if it wasn't for the wonderful and knowledgeable people on MFP.
This discussion has been closed.