200 Sit up Challenge 2010

Options

Replies

• nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Just completed week 3 day 1 column 3...set five was 35. Does anyone else feel the 60 sec takes forever to pass. My abs were aching. Looked forward to the other weeks and I can't even imagine doing those right now.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    nyy- if the 60 secs feel like forever try working out a different part of your body while you wait. JLB (see posts above) does the push up and squat challenges while she waits, seems to be working for her!
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I was actually considering doing the push-ups just have to get the nerve to start.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Completed my week 3, day 3, column 3
    Sets were
    45 minimum and I just barely made the minimum.
    Today felt much harder than Saturday, probably because I did them on a full stomach.
    May have to repeat this day before I move on.

Well done everyone else!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I started doing crunches in sets of 20 between stretches in February when our over 200 thread had a challenge to stretch every day. I figured that while I was on the ground... Anyway it obviously has helped because today I did week three day three column three... and even though my day two was really horrible (dog standing on pony tail for last set didn't help) I did... TWO HUNDRED crunches for my last "to exhaustion" set. I'm a mix of proud and bewildered:laugh:

I started the push-ups Week 1 Day 1 Column 1 and I maxed out at 3 so clearly my super powers at crunches does not carry over:tongue:
  • cris20056
    Options
    MSTAHL! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! :love: 200!!!! WAY TO GO! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!:drinker:

I guess you already completed the 200 sit up challenge?! lol

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: CONGRATS!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    mstahl -- I'm so impressed!! That's fantastic! My abs are still sore from the small amount of crunches I did Monday! My arms are still sore from the pushups, too. I've already come to terms with the fact that I'm just going to be sore nonstop for the next 6 weeks or so while I work on these challenges. :laugh: It's not too bad -- just a friendly reminder that hard work is paying off. :wink:
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow...I can't wait to be at the 200 mark I am starting the push-ups and squats today. I read yesterday that some of you are doing all three challenges, so I decided to jump on that too. I did the initial push-up and squat tests yesterday (and am pretty sore today). But I know I will get there...

Good luck everyone! Stay the course...despite the sore muscles!
  • JuliaSoCal
    Options
    I want to join...going to go look at the challenge first...

Julia
    ( marking thread so I can find it later.)
  • ReneDavidson
    Options
    Started tonight with week 3, day 1 middle column.

[[I also did week 3 day 1 middle column of the 100 push ups challenge
    12, 17, 13, 13, 17
    This one was much more difficult for me.

And, I also did week 3 day 1 3rd column of the 200 squats challenge
    19, 24, 19, 19, 30

So, that's 111 sit ups; 72 push ups; 111 squats.
    I'm banking on lots of pain tomorrow. :laugh:]]

It looks like I'm going to be on a Monday, Thursday, Saturday schedule which is the same as my running schedule but I don't know how else to fit it in. It took me about 25 minutes to make it through all 3 challenges (I just rotated so it was a continuous thing).

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this...I decided to go with all three challenges too, because of reading your post! I did my first day with all three today. I'm going tobe sore tomorrow, but I can't wait to see where I am in 4-5 weeks!
  • cris20056
    Options
    sit up challenge week 4 workout 1 column 1

checking in 3/04/10:

my sets were:
    max- miniumum 24...I did 50

I dont feel as good about today's workout as I did the last one. I felt the burn more then, I'll make sure I am doing 'proper form' sit ups next work out!

have a great day!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Whoops I accidentally posted this in another thread sorry for those of you who got to read it twice.....

Sit ups week 4 column 3 day 1:
    set 1 - 32
    set 2 - 38
    set 3 - 32
    set 4 - 32
    set 5 - 50
    total: 184 COMPLETE!! :drinker:

I did sets of 30 squats in between sit ups sets for a total or 155 squats.
    Thanks for the inspiration JLB :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Epic fail for me last night. Made the mistake of eating dinner right after my bike ride and then fell asleep on the couch before getting to the challenge! :indifferent:
    Will do tonight and suffer the consequences of doing it 2 days in a row tomorrow. That'll learn me. :tongue:
  • ReneDavidson
    Options
    Whew, my legs are sore...I did my sit up, squat and push up challenge day yesterday plus did my 10 K training day....now today I'm supposed to run 3 miles...I am sore!! But even if I have to walk most of the 3 miles, I am going to keep at the program.
  • cris20056
    Options
    here is my check in for 3/7/10:
    week 4 workout 2:
    max (min 27)....I did 46!!:drinker:
    total of 127:flowerforyou:

oh it burns...a lot I better have nice abs when all this fat goes away!

Cris
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Cris you're doing so great! I have no good excuse. Will be back on track with the challenges tonight if it kills me. :smile:
  • Jeanete64
    Options
    :smile: I just joined the 200 Situp challenge. I will take my initial test and post the results this evening when I get home from work.
  • ReneDavidson
    Options
    :smile: I just joined the 200 Situp challenge. I will take my initial test and post the results this evening when I get home from work.

Welcome! I'm on my second week now...everyone is doing so well.
  • cris20056
    Options

Welcome! We are all in different weeks and colums so its to be done at your own pace! Glad you are joining us! We usually post our initial test result then each work out you do list the sets and what your max was! Its a good way to hold your self accoutable to finishing the program and tracking our progress!

GOOD LUCK!
  • ReneDavidson
    Options
    Just finished my challenges:

Sit ups- 27 33 24 24 (40)
    squats- 24 30 22 22 (40)
    push ups- 14 14 10 10 (20)