"Cut and Paste" experts on this forum

Options
124»

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Mating purposes or breeding purposes? ((&%^# vasectomy :grumble: )).

Careful, I hear they are going around deleting "inappropriate" posts...:grumble:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    What?!?! It was a fair question!!! We're talking about my life here!

It's no secret you gals have had about enough of us (and I don't blame you). ""A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle!". Well,,, I'm just wondering if I'm gonna be a boy-toy or Soylent Green? :laugh:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options

Jib,

From personal experience, you have taught me more than anyone else on this site! (PS...Thanks!) But your approach is endearing. The fact that you care is apparent! Others post for the sake of being replied to. Its like that salesperson that loses the sale for continually pushing too hard, when all he had to do was give you the facts and let you see it for yourself...:wink:

Thanks Karma. Sometimes as I'm typing I feel like "oh no, I'm coming across as such a smartypants right now." But I feel like if I've been there, done that and had something work for me, I should share it with everyone I can who's having the same problem. Or maybe someone asks a question and I remember that not that long ago, I had the same question and everyone was answering in ways that didn't make sense to me, I try to say it in a way that does make sense to me (which most likely doesn't make any sense to anyone else :laugh:).
    I think differently than most other people it seems and I feel a need to explain (and have things explained) in a certain way. It doesn't help that, like MercuryBlue (who I adore!), I'm longwinded.

I love that you and Mercury take the TIME to spell everything out! And I love how you both come back to the topic to make sure its understood! I think you hit the nail on the head when you say "Or maybe someone asks a question and I remember that not that long ago, I had the same question ..." I think that's why I pay such close attention to your posts, because you've been there and what are you doing is DEFINITELY working!

Aw, shucks. :blushing:

Sometimes I worry I'm too long-winded and that people get halfway through my posts and are like, 'GET TO THE POINT, ALREADY!'

But I feel I'm doing people a disservice if I don't give my reply 100% of my attention. I'm not sitting down and typing because I like to hear myself talk (erm, read myself write?). I genuinely care enough about what I'm writing about to give it everything I've got. I hope I don't come off as a know-it-all! This place is such a haven for me because I feel like we all care about one another (for the most part) even if we don't agree. We all want success- not just for ourselves, but the people around us.

I do understand where the original poster is coming from, though (I think). Like, there are the real experts here. The ones who post... and I listen! What they say means to me, because they come from a genuine place of not only having BEEN there, but educating themselves. (I'm looking at you, Banks and Songbird!) I respect them, and when they post I generally don't argue.

Then there are the people who, it seems, WISH they were the above people. They're filled with advice ! And, I'm sure they have the best of intentions, but their advice isn't always well-researched. They become parrots, repeating something they heard/read somewhere. The problem is, without every piece of the puzzle, you could theoretically cause more harm than good.

It's like someone already said, you can go online EASILY and find an article to back up what you believe. It doesn't matter what the topic- the internet is full of misinformation. I could go to a bulemia website and get 'expert advice' on 'safe' ways to binge and purge. It doesn't mean that information is correct.

Take cleanses, for example. Now, I have my own personal opinions on cleanses (I haven't hid them). I KNOW they'll help you lose weight fast, and whittle down your waistline. And for many people, that's enough. But the whole story is that cleanses a)aren't necessary and b)only really flush out poop and water weight. So of course the number on the scale goes down and your tummy is flatter- you're not full of poop anymore! Not to change the subject to cleanses, of course. The point I'm making is that there's truth... and then there are partial truths. And when somebody wants to SELL you something, they're going to give you partial truths. It only takes a little bit of time and energy to find the whole story- so why not go out and do your research? Don't take the very first thing you read at face value, and shove it down other people's throats when they don't agree with you.

Very well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have the slightest problem with opinions, everyone has one. But like you said don't take the first thing you read at face value and shove it down other peoples throats. I have said so many times on different topics we are all different and one person might do it one way and find success but someone else may need to do something different. Expecially when medical conditions are in the mix. I don't think it makes either party wrong when the end result is the same and both are parties are getting healthy.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    What?!?! It was a fair question!!! We're talking about my life here!

It's no secret you gals have had about enough of us (and I don't blame you). ""A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle!". Well,,, I'm just wondering if I'm gonna be a boy-toy or Soylent Green? :laugh:

What are you talking about? I have a great love and need of the weaker sex (and yes, I look at you men as the weaker sex. Ever push a baby out of your nether regions? Didn't think so... :p ).

I DO need my man. To kill mice, for example. And he came in handy when building my two little boys.

....I know there are other things he's good for, but I can't think of any right now!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    This is what I'm talking about! :frown: :ohwell: :indifferent:
    And my personal favorite: "My BF/DH/SO did this or that - All men are pigs". :bigsmile: (This one will lead one of the 12 men on the site to defend the male gender, draw a a grudging admission that some small percentage of the male population should be spared when the revolution starts, etc.etc.).
    No worries. We will sort out the keepers, put them in a nice little locked garden, and bring them out for mating purposes. :wink:
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have a post where people back me up! LOL....

Wish me luck, I have to take my 22month old son for a haircut and he had a 30 min nap :sad:
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have a post where people back me up! LOL....

Wish me luck, I have to take my 22month old son for a haircut and he had a 30 min nap :sad:

Oh no! good luck!