Anyone gonna be one of "those" gym people on Jan.1?

Options

Replies

• Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I love seeing all the new people there on January 1! It brings a new energy to the gym... even though I have to wait longer for weights.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm gonna be a resolutioner at the gym on Jan.1

I've been sick since Xmas.... my plan was to avoid the gym for the first few days of Jan but now I have to be there and get back in the flow. I'm also gonna be starting at a new gym. I'm gonna be one of those peeps.

Sort of....I joined a gym about 6 months ago (July 5) and had a fittness assessment as part of my initiation (measurements,flexability tests, strength tests, etc). I have another appt on the 1st to have another assessment to see how far I've come (and to get a baseline for 2013). I know my strength is way up and I am down a pant size (but don't think I have lost much weight).

I am "resolving" to go to the gym more frequently (right now I am going 2x a week religiously, and a third or forth time some weeks). I want to increase to 3X a week at least every week this year.
  • rubyalison
    Options
    I will be!
    I am joining today because they have a special price ending today, then going to work out for the first time tomorrow.
    I'm a little intimidated - starting from Zero fitness wise - but I'm looking forward to it.
    My goal is to get to the gym at least 5 days a week.

Dont EVER be intimidated!!! Take it slow... and if your gym is great, they will NEVER let you feel intimated!!! I started working out at my gym 100+ pounds over weight...now I work here, still about 70 pounds over weight and I love it......the only time I feel intimidated is when my self doubt creeps into my head telling me Im not good enough!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!!
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i was a gym monkey for years, then when I was pregnant I developed pre-eclampsia and couldn't work out. After the birth of my daughter I had to take it easy for a while, I have about 10 more lbs ot lose till the pre-baby weight is back. I'll be at 130 again. I may be joining a gym again to start lifting again. I need the muscle back.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Im going to be there like I am everyday. Was even there on Christmas day.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    then again, it's looking grim. I slept in (8:30) after being up at 4 checking in at MFP.... and I'm gonna shovel some snow instead. Maybe, we'll see..
  • sausagepaula
    Options
    It was my aim to be one of those gym people. I am a member of a gym which is closed today. I need to get back to going there but in all honestly January crazes me because you cant get in the car park and the machines are busy. It is a lovely friendly gym though and will get back to classes when they start again tomorrow. Strangely I love seeing newcomers in class. I am also fortunate enough TO have a smaller gym in my apartment block (although i will be moving soon).
    At the monment though i havent done anything due to a bottle of wine last night.. i hardly drink, i now know why!! i may do something later. Its always my plan for January 2nd to be my day to get back to routine so im not stressing too much!!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I don't work out in the gym. I do it at home. But yes I am working out today.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Im going to be there like I am everyday. Was even there on Christmas day.
    This how I feel.
    It's just another day for me.
    And I usually go when the herd has thinned - 10am or at 1:30pm
    I am always relieved and saddened come March, because you know what happens.
    Most of these drones wash out and quit on themselves.
    Oh well.....
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    If I actually join a gym, it won't be until like May or later....so I won't be part of the New Year's/January rush..lol.

This is me as well. I hate the gym, especially the gym I go to (it's best for the price and location - across from my office, it has child minding, but it's INSANE when i go)

But, I'll be joining around April. I think I'll have to have some personal training sessions, I was one of those 'wander around the gym, lost, and then get on the treadmill' kinda person - I have no idea what to do!!
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yuup I'll be there on January 2nd. I've had my membership for over a year but haven't been using the gym for the past few months, I've been working out at home. But I really want to start using the gym during my lunch hour at work so I will start doing that tomorrow.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I'm not going to give up my routine because a few extra people want to join in on my fun.
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nope! I enjoyed a workout at home. I do not belong to a gym any longer as I got bored with it. I much prefer to do my own thing at home. This morning it was Jillian Michael's Body Revolution which arrived in the post yesterday.
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    I don't like it when people see me exercise so no lol. I'm more productive when I do things in secret ie doing chores when nobody is home. Its more fun for me this way I guess. Can't really help it if I'm taking the dogs out for a walk, but thats just taking the dogs out for a walk; people don't know that I'm trying to burn 50+ calories.
  • minnielovesmickey
    minnielovesmickey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If only!!

I'm lying on the sofa in my PJ's at 14.45 UK time trying to persuade myself to get changed & do an Insanity workout

Well done everyone who has worked out already (I will at some point!)

Keep up the good work :wink:
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Me, personally, no.

But I applaud anyone who goes. And a standing ovation to anyone who sticks around for a while.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'll be there this afternoon working on day 2 of my new weight lifting routine! No newbies will start me from going...;).
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those gym people ALL year...@ my home gym :)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    No.

I went consistently to the gym in 2012 and I plan to go consistently in 2013.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Eventually. Not today though. More towards mid January I will begin lifting with my brother at the gym! I am excited.