Anyone else starting over again for 2013 ?

Options

Replies

• riotpooftattoo
    riotpooftattoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    oh me too! Nice to hear from others doing the same thing. I was doing good for a while in the summer - lost 15 lbs. Then had some dental woes and it threw me completely off track, gained back the weight. Now, I'm trying to stick with it for good. I really want to change my life - tired of the yo-yo'ing and back and forth.

Here's to a better year than the last! :smile:
  • mec2012a
    mec2012a Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started in Sept. of 2012. I did really well. Then I smoked a turkey for thanksgiving and its been all down hill from there. The holidays are over and I am refocused.
  • grnqueen
    grnqueen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm starting over. I wanted to wait until after the holidays but now now, 12lbs heavier, wish would have started over in September. I'm doing without sugar this time and learning to eat healthy instead of some fad diet. :happy:
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep my progress from Day 1 up on my profile, but I am for sure changing my goals! 2 months ago my goal was to lose 14lbs but as I've made some progress, I realize that it is not realistic. I had to start weightlifting to avoid a plateau (in order to build muscle & fry the last 10lbs) and as a result, I am putting muscle weight back on. Luckily my measurements aren't increasing so it's not fat weight. I just have to focus more on inches rather than pounds now.
  • pgrant0328
    pgrant0328 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over, too. Since Jan. 2012 I lost 22 lbs but gained back all but 8 lbs. I was so embarrassed and depressed that I deleted all my comments and friends. I really don't like logging everything I eat...which caused me to stop using MFP several months ago. Although it did keep me more focused. Will try again. :wink:
  • IWANTTOBEA10
    Options
    I am also starting over. I have never used MFP but I have been on the diet roller coaster since as long as I can remember. I have used Weight Watchers a few times and was successful but I figured this time around I would go the counting calories route. I learned about MFP from a friend and now I'm here. I feel like this is gonna be the time I do it. GETTING LEAN IN '13!!
  • jennarae51
    Options
    I am starting over again boo! I lost 40 lbs 3 years ago, got engaged, kept the weight off for the wedding( thank God!), now I have been married for a year and my husband and I spent the summer traveling and I ate everything! have gained 30 lbs back, sad day! I have never used this particular website but it seems like it has been a tremendous help to a lot of people, if anyone has tips I would appreciate the support! We are moving to New Orleans for a new adventure in just 5 months and I have to lose the weight before then, new city , new weight and new start is what I am hoping for!
  • Snitch2
    Options
    Started over yesterday also. I needed a new start.

Snitch1=Thanks2GOD now!

This year, is THE year!
  • lrt1966
    Options
    *Raises hand*

I'm starting over, too. :flowerforyou:
  • kconway0308
    Options
    I am just STARTING! I hope this year is better than last year (and all my failed attempts). I am looking for a new ma and some new friends! So please, feel free to add me... I need all the encouragement I can get!!!!
  • fmurp3
    fmurp3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new to this and yes I'm starting over and today is day 1...I feel nervous but pretty motivated:smile:
  • Darla1960
    Darla1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again also. Lots of changes and challenges for me in 2012. Praying for a better year this year.
  • Livestronger912
    Options
    Me too. Had a good day for calories yesterday.... an exact 1200! But that was only possible because I was sick. Typically I need at least 1500 to not feel like I'm starving! I'm looking for easy, quick grab food items that fill ya up and not high in calories....ideas?
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yes another one starting over in 2013, I've been saying it for the last 5 years and I'm still trying and not giving up on being slimmer and healthier.
    All my previous attempts have been focusing on diet and they've all failed, this time I'm going to focus on training and fuelling my body with less high sugar rubbish.
    I hope this year I succeed.
    Good luck to everyone
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I too am starting over today. i have gained all my weight back that i lost last year which was about 18 pounds . never lost that much before but i now know that i can do it and i will again so here is 2013 a slimmer , healthier and happier me . Good luck to all mfp friends.
  • moonpoppy
    moonpoppy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have finally logged in to MyFitnessPal website :)

I am definitely starting over again in 2013 ... not looking forward to this coming Monday morning, when my onco-plastic surgeon is going to kick my butt for having put on weight (rather than lost it!). My target is to lose min. 37 kilos in preparation for my bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction this year. In my mind I want this to happen in August/September ... and it has to stay off for good, because of the way they will be reconstructing from my tummy!!
  • airangel55
    airangel55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Love your banner!
  • bamakid43
    bamakid43 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you. I am starting over as of Dec 30. After 4 day I feel great.more enegry. Hang in there!
  • katies71123
    Options
    Also starting over! Had a strong start in 2012 but faded at the end of the year and gained weight back...boo!! Time to start fresh, never looking back! =)
  • sl0622
    sl0622 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes! I hit a plateau around Thanksgiving and then stopped being so diligent around the holidays because EVVVERYONE said, "It's the Holidays, cut yourself a break!" Well - I wish I didn't listen to that advice. It's SOO hard to lose the weight and soooo easy to pack it back on! So - I am starting over - starting today! We can all do this!!!!!