Anyone else starting over again for 2013 ?

Options

Replies

• Rivera251
    Options
    Starting over again and it not easy. After eating the best I could today. I am stuff but I feel like I need more. I am going to stay strong and try not to think about. I have gain 28 pound in 6 months and nothing fits. This time I am going to use the tool to stay focus.
  • knitwit704
    knitwit704 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over. I never got to nearly my goal last time. I need to lose 97 lbs to get to 115 lbs, my goal. I just joined some Zumba classes, some cycling classes, and some aqua classes at my Y. I'm doing it for real this time.

I'm also new here, I just signed up today.
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    i am starting the new year as a new me feel free to add me x
  • debramariemary
    debramariemary Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started January 1... have not gotten on the scale for fear of disappointment. If I wait there will be a loss - giving it a few days. Maybe getting on here will help keep me motivated. Only started My Fitness Pal today. I like recording the food. I've actually eaten a lot less than I thought. Everytime I eat anything I think it's going to be too much! This will be great.
  • Vicswife99
    Options
    I am starting over too; however, new to this site. So far I LOVE it! I wish everyone good luck! We need to take care of ourselves! 2013 is the weight loosing year! :smile:
  • carolyearta
    carolyearta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone,
    I, too, am starting over! This time I am not going to plan too much......that's always been
    my problem. It's all or nothing for me. This time I am going to be way more realistic!
    Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!:flowerforyou:
  • ksmoody
    ksmoody Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting over too, I am on Day 2 and so far so good:) I had friends that made resolutions for 2012 and lost a lot of weight and they are an inspiration. I made my 2013 resolution to do some sort of exercise/activity for 6 days a week and track all of my calories on myfitnesspal and stay under my calorie goal. I am determined to make 2013 my year to lose these last 25 pounds (that I've lost and gained a few times) and to keep them off for good!!!!!!!!
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am not looking at it as starting over but picking up where I left off. I am trying new healthier recipes and learning more about nutrition. WE can do this. I am in more control of myself in the last year than I have ever been. :wink:
  • Kimberlycc
    Options
    Yes, I too I'm starting over. I've gained 30 pounds since last year at this time and stopped exercising during my normal morning routine. I'm at a desk for 8 to 9 hours a day. That has caused knee issues and backaches. I'm having to develop a new routine and get up earlier in the morning to get my workout done. Cheers to a new year!
  • jakespunkin
    Options
    Here I am! Jumping on the new year bandwagon. I have a lot to lose, but I've decided to take it in little pieces because the whole lot is too overwhelming. My husband is planning to do something about his weight this year too, but he is leaning towards medifast. He is also procrastinating and I've decided not to wait for him.

So, I'm signing in here, and joining a fitness challenge competition at my YMCA. Between the two I should find some motivation. I also have a step mother who just had gastric surgery and I sort of need to prove to myself that I can do this without going to that extreme.

Here's to having less of me around to celebrate my 50th in December!

Sharon
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Also starting over. After a few years of putting everything before my workouts, healthy eating, and myself in general; it's time to get back to taking care of me!

Hopefully there's less to all of us this year. :D
  • metalgirl4
    metalgirl4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yep starting over... No news years resolution just recommitting after a few months of being off track... Unfortunately Ive been sick since Christmas so off to a slow start but its ok I am still committed!!
  • BabyMalice
    Options
    Starting wayy over! Around late September I noticed I have fluff down on my tummy (fluff meaning poking into the skin feeling the abs but a layer of fat in the way). I was going strong for about a month and abruptly stopped as the stresses of work and the holidays came around. I hadn't actually weighed myself for quite some time, but I assume I was at around 120 during that time. I'm not necessarily trying to do the 'New Years Resolution' fad, but a real life change. I'm about to turn 21 years old and I have extreme migraines, aches, pains, weak knees that give out, and my body is always tired. Something needs to change!
    My weigh in for my first day back on the routine was 123.8, today being the second day my weigh in is 122.3! I'm not getting too excited because being my age my weight fluctuates all the time, but I guess it's working! If you were wondering I'm 5'2", in case there are others my same weight and height.
    If you'd like to tune in to my routine it goes as follows:
    20 reps of sit-ups
    20 cross crunches (10 each direction and switch on same breath)
    [to make this harder ^ I add 10 normal crunches after I have done both sides]
    20 sit-up leg extensions
    30 second intervals of either plank or stabilizers (I have recently switched to plank position because it tones the arms as well as the core)
    10 pointed toe leg lifts without bending the knee (back & side to side, preferably 10 reps one side at a time).
    10 tricep dips
    I repeat this routine 3 times, and it takes around 20-25 minutes to complete.
    Also! I added in some core stretches:
    1) Standing or on knees, placing one arm on your side obliques, and raising the other arm fully extending over your head and to the other shoulder, squeezing your abs to your back. Repeat on other side 10reps,3 times
    2) Feeling a sore core? Place your body flat on the ground with your hands palms down and arms up, push your stomach off the ground and stretch out as far as you can. (To get a better stretch lift your feet to your head).
    3) Stand up raise your arms straight over your head pull them back and then drop, stretching to touch your toes.

Also I'm on a 1360 calorie intake allowance. Also my GW is 115, well the weight isn't the issue I just want that sexy tummy. I work as a barista 5 days a week, usually 6-8 hour shifts as well, which should help a lot.

If you have any good tips, let me know, I'm up for any health suggestions.
  • Castine12
    Options
    My goal is to be 100lbs (I now my tracker says 80, but I'm too lazy to fix it). I'm 5 feet tall, so 100lbs isn't too extreme. I hit my lowest at 85lbs, gained roughly 25 pounds, and now I'm trying to lose the unnecessary weight that I've gained. I think I've had an undiagnosed eating disorder from that time, but I'm slowly recovering from this mentality that ever crumb will make me fat. I just want to maintain a steady weight and workout routine where I don't have to CONSTANTLY be conscious of how many calories I've gained/lost. Although MFP wouldn't be an ideal app for me to combat my issues, it really helps me be aware of what I'm doing to my body physically...
  • awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options
    I am! Anyone willing to keep me motivated and looking to be motivated, feel free to add me! :)
  • critterrupp
    Options
    I started the 1st. Feels like I am doing OK but will have to see when I step on the scale at the end of the week :smile: Good luck to everyone. Feel free to add me.
  • luv2camp
    luv2camp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Starting from scratch in 2013
  • TomikaMichelle
    Options
    Yes, again. I lost 20 pounds last year and gained 15 of that back. Going on a cruise in June so I've got to do this again. Really hoping to keep it off this time.
  • katiejaebird
    Options
    Haha of course I am!!!
  • frizico
    frizico Posts: 30
    Options
    yup - I had successful weight loss in the first half of 2012, and then with a move I kinda gave up on my diet. Reuniting with friends and family means dinners, drinks, etc.

I'm going to seriously consider everything I put into my body from here on out. I'm also walking to work every day; it's about 4 km each way.

Here's to much success in 2013 for everyone!