Anyone else starting over again for 2013 ?

Options
Well today is the last day of 2012 and after the year that I've had........I'm hoping that 2013 will be a good (and lucky) year. I'm changing my numbers to reflect my current ones and starting over again from scratch on January 2nd after the family has gone back to school & work from the holiday break.

Here's hoping that 2013 will be my year to see less of me ;-)

Wishing the New Year brings all of you lots of happiness, joy & success !

Replies

• karenjanel
    karenjanel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am also starting over beginning tomorrow. I gained almost all of the weight that I lost back. Hitting a plateau was so discouraging that I thought I was stuck at the weight I got to. New year = new body! Good luck to all those staring over in 2013!
  • mogielo
    Options
    I am plan to start again on the 2nd also back to the gym and all I have to stay motivated I feel turning 65 this year this is my last chance
  • Todd08
    Todd08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Starting over again here too!
  • djs113
    djs113 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thinking about doing the same. I think resetting will help me fight harder to keep off what I've lost (scales been slowly creeping back up the last 2-3 months) and focus on taking off what I want (don't want to rest on my laurels)
  • nikkintom
    Options
    I shell be starting over again for 2013 in hope to be 9 stone asap! so 3 stone to loose :( going to be a tough one but I need to do it to help me achieve my main goal for 2013 ......get pregnant, as I had ivf in late 2011 which was confirmed a fail in 2012 and from then on 2012 went down hill, now 2013 surely has some luck for me?
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I hit my GW in 2011/beg of 2012 but then gained it all back since pregnancy/childbirth :sad:

Time to start it all over again x
  • tanone67
    tanone67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Starting over here also!!! I feel like I need to start from scratch. Good Luck everyone!
  • 3saLarson
    Options
    Starting on a new me ,again. I've been fighting this battle all my adult life. Now, my kids are grown and I think it's high time I took care of myself, so here I go again. Hoping that with MFP I will have a better chance of success.
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm having to start over again myself....not a fun place to be, but I'm hoping to get it right this time around.
  • Alwaysbhappy
    Options
    Yes, I am starting over again. I really need to lose to feel better, but also to be healthier. Was diagnosed with type II diabetes this year and that was not good news. Already had high blood pressure. This time I am going for a lifestyle change. Not a diet.....Good luck to all.
    :smile:
  • katamiller74
    katamiller74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i've been on thur the holidays but not much of budge on the scale!!! Starting a new sounds awesome... could use some support??!!! If you can too... ADD ME!!! thanks!!

Happy New Year and Good LUCK in reaching your goals... just remember.. it is a way of life!!! YOU can make it happen!!!!
    ~ Kat
  • StephanieLisette
    StephanieLisette Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I started starting over a few days ago. I reset my starting weight, got some goal dresses, and have been doing great. I know what works for me, and although it's hard work, it's worth it.
    I wish everyone here good luck in 2013! I know you can do it!
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Another starting again person. Will have a glass or two of Baileys tonight, then it's back to being good with what I eat and doing exercise in the morning
  • gadgetmonster
    gadgetmonster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Why is it harder to do as I get older.? I'm 56 and sure would love to get to a "better health" weight.

I guess now is better than tomorrow.

Wonder how long it will take me to loose 60 lbs? Memorial day weekend starts May 25th. That is 145 days. That is about half pound per day. I bet that is doable. Agreed?

Having the app on my phone is a great idea.
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone and add me to the list of those staring over. I had a fabulous 2011 and a crappy 2012. Maybe I do best on odd numbered years? LOL Anyway anyone who wants some company on making 2013 their best year yet is free to add me as a friend.
  • catweedy
    catweedy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here I go again! I need to lose 100 pounds. It is a health issue now I have to make this work.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've started back all over again but I started back on Saturday. I changed my weight to reflect what it actually is, and I'm taking it ten pounds at a time. When I get to the ten pounds I will add another ten pound goal. This way it won't seem as though it's going to take me forever to get to my goal....I want to lose 88 pounds altogether.
  • BackToTwiglet
    Options
    It is harder as we get older - and being female doesn't help! lol, oh well. Loved using this tool, really helps keep me accountable. I already started exercising, just need to focus on eating better and less! Gained back all the weight I lost earlier this year, but I'm determined to be a fit 54, and keep on being fit as I age.

Good luck to all of us on this endeavor - bring it on 2013!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I am in!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    right there with you. i am okay with gaining a few back and restarting after a long period of losing. but, i'm also excited to start phase 2 of my journey.