Anyone else starting over again for 2013 ?

Options

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Starting over on Jan 1st is NOT a good idea. Taking this one day at a time is the mentality you need. Not "oh I'll start over on Monday" or "I blew it today, so I'll just eat whatever I want, or "it's New Years, I'll do it this time!" "Start over" EVERY DAY and you will be more successful. :wink:
  • Bubbles99207
    Bubbles99207 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me too - gained all the weight back plus a little more then what I had lost last year. It stinks but hey thats the way it goes. We can do this I have said so many times to myself and one of these years I will stop the yo-yo :-)
  • TexanAngel79
    Options
    I admit I kicked butt in 2012 and met all my goals. Then I injured my knee and it all went downhill from there! I put on all the weight I had lost plus some! I still can't do alot until Feb, but I started eating better today!! Good luck to you all!!!!
  • knuckleswife
    knuckleswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over as well for 2013... I have a specific goal and a driving reason to get this done. My husband and I are renewing our vows in November and I want to lose these 76lbs so that I have look wonderful in my wedding dress. Wishing everyone a happy new year and good luck in all your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • lorrjoe
    lorrjoe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Although prior to joining I've lost 130 lbs. I've gained back 20 of them and feel horrible. Time to jump back on the band wagon and lose the 20 lbs. plus the additional 15 I was aiming for.
  • Emja_2013
    Options
    I am starting over. In more ways that one.

Hoping to make a few friends who are too! So yeah if anyone would like to add me that'd be awesome :)
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've been slacking for the past 7 weeks...my kitty got sick and passed away, then I got my leg tattooed, then the holidays came, etc.... Today I am starting back on track. I gained 5 pounds and 3% body fat and need to remedy that ASAP!:drinker:
  • NickieBurr
    Options
    STARTIING OVER, Me too. I tried to get started last year and got to busy to follow up. We just need to look at each day as another opportunity to practice good eatting habits and trust the Lord for strength.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am starting over for 2013! Looking to support others and looking for support from others!
  • phoenix72
    phoenix72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im starting again, had spinal surgery last year and recovery isnt what it could be. Not in right place to change overnight so Ive just started using the tracker which has already stopped me picking at seasonal left overs! Its also made me aware of the exercise I could be counting, limited to walking, but better than nothing. Good luck to all.
  • airangel55
    airangel55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I joined Jazzercise this morning to jump start my efforts. Has anyone ever seen the "Self" magazine calculator for how many calories you need to stay healthy and at the weight you want? I was shocked at amount of calories it said I need for my body to function. I know from that past that I got great results from 1200 calories per day. This calculator says 1800 to support a weight of 147lbs.

Well I wish you all an enjoyable journey.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over Monday (the 7th)... I will weigh and adjust everything that day. I've gained like 10-ish pounds over the last year :sad:

I am doing a half marathon on Jan 20, and doing the SGK 3-day (60 mile) walk in July, so I have some goals...
  • sugarxmexsweet
    Options
    This year is the beginning of change, I want to eat better, lose weight, feel good, be more confident and prove the judgmental people wrong
  • fddc2cpa
    fddc2cpa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, trying to get back on the saddle over here. I was successful over the summer and lost 20 pounds, but unfortunately, gained 15 of it back since Labor Day.
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    I gained 13lbs over the holiday season but I know some of that is going to be water weight. Started today and looking forward to it :)
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again too! 2013 is going to be my year! Im going to reach my goal this time! Feel free to add me if you want! Good luck in 2013!!
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    The year 2012 was also a bad year for me just all around and weight loss wise. I ended up gaining back all the weight I had lost. I'm back and I changed all my numbers to also start from scratch. I started over on January 1, 2013 and am hoping this is my year to stay on the wagon and see a lot less of myself by the end of the year. Looking forward to the start of this year and what it has to offer as well as what I can accomplish.
  • Cazra84
    Options
    I'm starting again too, I've managed about 10 pounds over the last year and I want to get rid of it and a bit more!
    Good luck everyone! :)
  • adoane00
    adoane00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started over as well. Really let the last half of last year get away from me and saw most of the progress I made get away also!!! Reset the numbers and ready to go at it again.
  • Danielle162
    Options
    Yep, me. Good luck!