Anyone else starting over again for 2013 ?

Options

Replies

• jessicaatha
    Options
    I am! I lost 100 lbs a year ago, and gained much of it back. My goal is to lose 87 lbs. this year!
  • irvinfitness
    Options
    This is awesome that there are so many on here that are going to push forward and attack their goals in 2013. But I have a question for those of you that are "starting over". What is going to make this year different than last year? It sounds like almost everyone made great progress and then gained weight back and now you are trying again. What is going to stop you from doing the same thing this year? Let's hear your plan! Let's make 2013 the year that you achieve your goal and it sticks! Share you ideas to achieve your goals in 2013 so others can learn and succeed this year as well! Maybe we can help some reach their goals and not have to start over in another year like so many do.

My plan is to be vocal with those around me in my life so that they may hold me accountable and to work closely with a group of 5 people or so, that have a similar goal. By sticking with a group, the energy will be much higher as will the success rate!

What is everyone else going to do?
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    YEP! I think the new year is the best time to start...holidays are behind us, winter is here so you don't have to worry about cook-outs and drinks on the patio with friends. Just stay indoors, work-out and eat right.
    I'm hoping to be 10 to 15 pounds lighter by spring! And tone some flab!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Sort of starting over, because I spent most of December too sick to cook or work out, so I've been eating someone else's cooking, which isn't as healthy, and curled up in bed.
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Not really starting over, but I am prepared to get more serious about it. I just saw pics of me from Christmas and thought, Dear God, I look horrible! So yeah, time to get more serious about the working out and eating better. I've lost 16 lbs since June, which isn't bad but isn't nearly as well as I could have done this year ... I look like an over-stuffed sausage!

For lunch, I had a salad I was so depressed. Tonight I'm sticking with the plan of steak and hand-cut, homemade fries and some adult beverages, but tomorrow things get serious again.
  • Wendy_bird
    Options
    I am! Wendy_bird
  • tjs616
    tjs616 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've lost 110 pounds but I've been maintaining for awhile so I think it is time to go back to square one. I reset my ticker (and my attitude!) a few days ago :smile:
  • sunsetbeach1
    sunsetbeach1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm starting over too! I lost weight for my sister's wedding in September but it slowly crept back on after. And the least said about the food I've eaten over Christmas the better! Here's to success in 2013!!
  • Wendy_bird
    Options
    Time for life-style changes.....and that includes LESS bread products!
    Love you all out there!
    Wendy
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    yeah, me too... my number is back at 0 pounds lost which means pounds gained... fresh start come January 2... but at least will try and do somewhat better starting tomorrow but pork and kraut and mashed potatoes are in order for tomorrow and I will probably be too hung over to feel like tracking! :drinker:
  • jessicameder
    jessicameder Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting this month after 3 kids and gaining all my fat back from quitting smoking. I wish you the best of luck and hope you hit your goal.
  • tumblindice
    tumblindice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you...I'm starting again too with a fresh outlook! Cheers to 2013!
  • ldp2103
    Options
    I am restarting as well. This is a great program if I can keep myself disciplined! I too want to increase my fitness at 60.:happy:
  • luvchele21
    luvchele21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again too! I am starting today. I wont be partying or anything tonight. If I can get thru this week with my kids being home from school, then I should be good to go when they go back to school. 2013 is going to be my year!!!

21181334.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jenniferllatham
    Options
    I am starting over for 2013. I have previously tried NutriSystem, WeightWatchers and Sparkpeople. Now I'm going to try calling this a lifestyle change and I'm not waiting for 2013. I'm starting today! Joined this site because of the good app for my iPad (I hope) and it looks like it will be fairly easy to keep up with. Good luck to all!
  • alysia9531
    Options
    I started but am joining a gym in 2013! Here is to a new healthy, skinnier, better version of ourselves in 2013!
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options
    Yup, fresh start here too. Looking to drop about 60 lbs but will be happy with each one I lose! Happy New Year everyone.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    This is awesome that there are so many on here that are going to push forward and attack their goals in 2013. But I have a question for those of you that are "starting over". What is going to make this year different than last year? It sounds like almost everyone made great progress and then gained weight back and now you are trying again. What is going to stop you from doing the same thing this year? Let's hear your plan! Let's make 2013 the year that you achieve your goal and it sticks! Share you ideas to achieve your goals in 2013 so others can learn and succeed this year as well! Maybe we can help some reach their goals and not have to start over in another year like so many do.

My plan is to be vocal with those around me in my life so that they may hold me accountable and to work closely with a group of 5 people or so, that have a similar goal. By sticking with a group, the energy will be much higher as will the success rate!

What is everyone else going to do?

Good question, I don't know what I am going to do differently this year... I just know I am tired of losing and gaining the same 10-15 pounds. I am consistent with my workouts but I guess I love food a little too much. I have to get control of my eating... whether it be boredom eating, stress eating, or just eating too much at a party... I have to learn control... how I do that remains to be determined...
  • barbrandazzo
    Options
    Starting fresh today! Lost 45 lbs in 2011 gained back 25 in 2012. Neck injury and knee injury which resulted in surgery kicked off my downfall but there was no reason I slacked on my nutrition. That was my own doing with pity partying!

I WILL reach my goal in 2013 - which is 150 lbs so I will lose 78.4 lbs!! That's just 1.5 lbs a week... totally achievable and a very healthy pace!

I wish you all good luck in your endeavors. For anyone looking for some motivation check out my FB page I just launched! I plan to share my ups and down and I hope to inspire at least one person to live their dream and achieve their goals. In turn it keeps me accountable for myself!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FITspiration_barbrandazzo/391452160940675?ref=hl

Happy New Year everyone!

Barb
  • jojojoeyxxx
    Options
    I'm in, tho have started today! i like to start on a Monday and didnt want to wake until next week.
    Today is a new day, a new start and i know i've done well with my weight loss in the last couple of years, i just need to reach my goal! 1 and a half stone to go!
    2013 will be the year.
    We can do it!