WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2013

Options
1891066zg4ld983hh.gif

:bigsmile: Welcome back to all my great friends from 2012 and welcome to all the new friends that we will meet in 2013

:flowerforyou: The name of this thread is “Women Ages 50+” but all women are welcome.

:flowerforyou: January is traditionally the month of making resolutions for the New Year but we have been making resolutions for one month at a time.

:bigsmile: This is a new year and a new blank page on the calendar and time to continue your great habits and create new ones.

:smile: How did you do with your resolutions for December?

:smile: What resolutions have you made for January?

:flowerforyou: Jump right in and become part of the most supportive and encouraging group of women you’ll ever meet.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

Resolutions for December (with end of the month comments)
• Have a strategy for each holiday food event (not many events, but good strategies)
• Weight training three times a week (more like once or twice a week)
• Act the way I want to feel (super)
• Don’t expect praise or recognition (almost super)

Resolutions for January
*Be agreeable----say OK
* Yoga once a week
*Walk with hubby once a week
*Weight training three times a week

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

Replies

• wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!!!
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for continuing this thread.

2012 was a year of great change for me. A year ago I would not have even considered posting on a thread. I tend to be a bit of an introvert although DH says that is changing. I lost weight, became more active, and have had an attitude adjustment. I like my very imperfect self much more than I have ever before. Much of this journey was made possible due to the support and motivation from the women here. Knowing we are all experiencing the same struggles and victories makes it so much easier to stay focused. THANK YOU ALL!!

Have a safe and very happy new year!

Deb A
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,165 Member
    Options
    Bump............party across the street............!
  • lyndajane14
    Options
    Very well said (:
  • janielou21
    Options
    I'm looking for a supportive group, at the same time I'm trying to figure out how to interact on these boards.. so bear with my learning curve technically while I lose the extra baggage :)
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • c0c0nn0r
    Options
    bump
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Wooohoooo! Just a few hours from countdown! :drinker:

Tamales steaming away on the stove :bigsmile:

Thanks for continuing the thread, Barbie. :flowerforyou:

:smile: jb
  • mary8n8
    mary8n8 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello everyone! Today was the first day of my journey on this site, which was found by accident. I am 53 and weigh 185 and would like to lose 30 lbs. Just looking for support and motivation. Thanks in advance.:blushing:
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    *”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
    ☆★☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆ This is a big
    hug for the New Year that
    jumps from one friends status to
    another's ☆ .•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ to
    spread lots of love and happiness ☆•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•
    °*”˜˜”*°•.☆ May you have a New
    Year filled with love, laughter
    and peace ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ♥ ★
    ♥☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆♥ ♥ Share the
    hug*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
  • mch1956
    mch1956 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump for the new year!
  • RevNS
    RevNS Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! I have been on MFP only a short time but have enjoyed getting to make new friends so much! I am looking forward to the coming year and all of the victories we will get to celebrate together!

Have a safe, blessed New Year!!
    Nancy
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Enjoying the LSU/Clemson football game...will post goals tomorrow

Happy New Year!
    :heart:
    Jen
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy new year
    HUGS
    jane
  • kathy2924
    Options
    I am also new to this! I am hoping this will help me lose some weight. Good Luck:smile:
  • kathy2924
    Options
    Happy New Year to all!!! I am excited to start this new program!!! I am going to be a grandma for the 1st. time anyday now and I want to be a fit grandma!!!:smile:
  • 4thoseiluv
    4thoseiluv Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, everyone!!!!

Deborah :flowerforyou:
  • msjanetcole
    msjanetcole Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    58 and beginning on Jan 1 to lose 174 pounds. In test drive of this app, I"ve lost 7 pounds before I officially started. Very encouraged!
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    To all the great ladies on MFP 50+
    THANK YOU for making 2012 a very good year and looking forward to sharing 2013 with all of you. You really are special and I appreciate you being here and your wonderful, non-judgmental support.

Viv – welcome back to the fold and many of us are feeling a little heavier (not Linda Sundance – she’s laughing!!!).

JB – what a wonderful night with friends you had (and I haven’t seen a corningware coffee pot for 20 years – lol)

Meg – I also love birds and bird feeders – I put out the nyger feeders for the finches but none have come by yet – I think I might be early. I hope you have a wonderful NYE and dance your little feet off and if the shoe doesn’t fit, dance without them.
    (and welcome to reality for your DD1 – lol) MFP edits the D Clark name because you
    have to pay to use it – it’s copywrited.

Eileen – you must be doing something right - how wonderful and Happy New Year and keep up the good work.

JaneH – I also have a very quiet NYE, I wish I got the hype, but I never have really. Like you, I need to log the water or I just don’t drink enough. OMG, your rodent stories are scary – I’ve only ever had squirrels put nuts in my bed at my parents ski lodge (which was kind of gross actually), and picked up dead rats from my Fox Terriers (and that is the end of my rat/squirrel stories and I’m happy that it is).

Ah JB – eloquent as usual – your blog says it all very well – thank you (and I for one am very happy your are here).

Deb A – dance like no one’s watching – lol. Are you sure that squirrel wasn’t’ coached?

JaneM – your making little cat blankets sums up your wonderful giving nature.

SmilingRN – looking forward to sharing 2013 with you here on MFP and I hope you save your last post of 2012 to look back on in summer and next New Years. Really, you will be amazed! And blessings to you too.

Linda S – hugs to you too and I am totally amazed at your journey so far and how you have changed and now embrace the exercise (veggies coming up).

Jen – surprise – bigger isn’t always better!! Lol

Lin – you will wear that size 10 coat this year (and then replace it with a new one for mocking you for so long – HA)

Barbie – OK you’ve tweaked my interest about your 2013 welcoming events (what on earth are you going to be doing at 4 in the morning – lol). And thank you for setting up the January thread – it just wouldn’t be the same if it wasn’t you setting it up!

LinC - hope your cough goes away and don’t be surprised that others see the change you don’t yet see. We have this mental image of what we look like that takes forever to shift.

Liz – I’m happy that you are part of my journey too.

Well, it’s almost New Years for some of you – not yet for me being the last time zone (or is Hawaii after us? Hmmm, can’t remember). I’m making sushi tonight with the tools and ingredients I got for Christmas and these wonderful Japanese chopsticks (actually called hashi). Guess what kind – Salmon of course!!!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful evening and looking back on 2012 – it was a pretty good year. 2013 is going to be a pretty wonderful year.

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!!

Lila
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

My New Year's Resolution is to keep up with this thread!