WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2013

Options

Replies

• texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have been out of pocket lately. My 17 y.o. grandson remains with me while their home is being cleaned for mold and a water leak repaired. It's been nearly 2 weeks and the light at the end of the tunnel is drawing near. Here is a photo of him from last Sunday when I took him to hit golf balls on the driving range...fun, fun, fun.

I hope all are well and will be catching up in a few more days.

2013-01-06_16-42-40_396.jpg
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I love this thread too!

Have a nice night ( day...evening) dear a ladies!

:heart: Kackie. ( avoided the rum pound cake again today:flowerforyou: )
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :smile: Going to eat spaghetti squash for dinner! Yum. I do have to log the wine tonight.

Meanwhile, I am planning to (re)start at the gym. Rainy on the west coast, so walking is not that great, gym may be the alternative I have.

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shazzacass
    shazzacass Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello there .. Anyone from Sydney, Australia?

Sharon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Cheryl - I don't know of any better motivation to stay on track than getting ready for a pool party! There's still lots of lanscaping to be done (by us). We were able to get MOST of the landscape lighting in before it got too cold. All the area inside the fence will be river rock.

Welcome everyone!

Lila - actually Vince did the most "supervisory" work. He was out there with the installers every day they were here. He wanted to understand HOW things worked, sometimes he offered a solution, but to me the best part was that he was here to stop the workers from doing something that in the end we would have regretted. Like the retaining wall behind the equipment pad. They were originally going to put the wall very close to the pad, Vince stepped in and had them move it back so that we could get behind the equipment.

Played mahjongg here last night, only won once. I'm thinking that I should go today at 1 mainly because I haven't gone in a while and because I won't be going this Friday.

rd - do you know of any mild stretches for the hamstrings and also for the achilles tendon?

Did an hour of the 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD. The step part is really 30 minutes so I did it twice. I didn't use a step but took it easy on the foot. Tomorrow I'll do Jillian Michael's Extreme Shed and Shred DVD. Then we have the Newcomers general meeting. This month they're going to hold it at this place where they do the healthy cooking demonstrations. Vince and I can't stay for the cooking demo part. We need to get home to give Loki his medicine and then bowling. We could probably stay if we didn't have to come home since the bowling alley is right across the street from the mall. Besides, Vince isn't interested if it's something healthy....lol

DeeDee - why can't I ever get a cute electrician?

I was in the pool last summer. We didn't have the spa yet..or the deck....or the slide. But I had a pool, there was water in it, and it was hot so I was in that pool. I did find that not only using the sunscreen but only being in the pool for an hour a day seemed to be enough for me. I found it so very relaxing

M - what kind of HIIT do you do? I usually do something where I sprint (on an elliptical or treadmill or whatever) for a period of time then recover (just go slower) for a period of time.

Laura - Bryan called New Years Day to say that he got engaged. I don't know that he'll be moving to France, although honestly it wouldn't surprise me. My heart doesn't want him to but that's another story. She's from Spain and I am willing to bet that she wants to be closer to her family.

Bobbi - my sincerest condolences on the passing of your mom. Moms sure are special people, aren't they. We don't really appreciate all they do until they're gone, then some of the things we took for advantage are real eye openers for us. Glad your health is doing better now.

janehadji - good news about your father. Bet he gets better even faster now that he's at home.

renny - LOVED the smile, thanks. I really enjoyed reading it.

wannabethingi - that is so funny abaout your doggie! The "F" in vitamin F stands for "friends", I know I get lots and lots of vitamin F here.

educkie - bump is an anconym for "bring up my post" so it's easier for you to find.

Jen - good luck at the new office!

Jeannie - welcome back!

Connie - I hear someone is getting a doggie!!!! lol Oh, when you see that face, you won't be able to say "no"

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele in NC
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,113 Member
    Options
    b.u.m.p. :frown: :huh: :grumble: :angry: :embarassed: :sick:

Later. It.Has.Been.A.Day........
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Just marking my spot ( sounds like something my dog would do:blushing: :laugh: )

I agree Lin....what a day it's been:frown: :yawn: .

Sleep well and sweet dreams ladies!

Hugs,
    DeeDee:yawn:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I think the exercise bike is fixed.....Jake invited a handy friend to help him......then he fixed supper for the friend and now they are eating and chatting and I'm staying out of the way....while they were working I went in the other room and taught myself a new dance so I wouldn't e tempted to interfere and give advice ::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I read all the posts but it's past my bedtime:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Dang! I replied twice to the old thread before I saw the "continued here" notice. I am not going to try again.

Happy days, have fun, drink your water!

Hasta pronto,

Nancy in SE British Columbia
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Have a good evening everyone, especially Lin! I have never seen "its been a day" in caps and periods before!

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I had the first quiet, focussed, clean out my office - shoulda been done months ago - kind of day...
    listened to all those interesting and stimulating TED speakers....it felt like a holiday!

Best to all,
    BJ, SWOnt, CA
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • junekaatz
    junekaatz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Last time I ws here I was talking about rainbow cloaks and already we have finished 500 and we're on a new set! It can't have been that long ago can it? Holy smokes!

Kate from snowy Alberta
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,
    had fun bowling, I'm getting better slowly (what was that SNL skit "Every day in every way I'm getting better and better, and darn it, people like me." I might be dating myself here.
    I had salmon for dinner, actually it was a very pretty dinner - nice salmon coloured salmon {what else would it be} next to gold spaghetti squash with roast red, yellow and orange peppers on top, flanked by a nice mesclun green salad with grape tomatoes, cucumber, arugula with limonetta olive oil and white balsamic vingar. And it tasted just as good as it looked.

It's still snowing here so tomorrow will be another shovelling day (good for the exercise, not so great for my shoulder, it's still twinging a bit).

I can't believe the post is past 500 already and it's really only been a week. Way too many to respond to sensibly tonight but I did go back and read all the posts. Nice to see so many new posters here.

Off to bed to finish my book. Nightie-night to all.
    Lila
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nettie96fb
    Options
    Hi, I'm from VIctoria, near the Albury on the border :)
  • janicepenang
    Options
    hi i'm janice Is so difficult to control my diets ilike food so much smilenise to read your blog it make me feel abit motivi
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Another early morning meeting for me:frown: ! I`m still tired from yesterday:sad: ! The electrican finally found the problem yesterday, it wasn`t just a simple connection problem like they told me they thought it was:angry: ....some darn critter had chewed through a wire in the attic:mad: ! They replaced it but the camera still has a slight roll in it and they have no clue what that might be:frown: , it`s a lot better than it was but still....and now they tell me my system is outdated:huh: , it`s only about 3 years old...outdated:noway: , for the money I paid for it I thought it would be good for at least 10 years. Of course they want to replace everything for me and add a few more cameras...I`ve not even looked at the quotes they sent me yesterday:angry: . On top of that...my brother was off yesterday so he decided to come and check out things while the electrican was here, I didn`t mind that at all, however he decides he should invite his police buddies to come to my house for coffee while he`s here:huh: , I ended up with four police officers in uniform sitting at the breakfast table drinking coffee and laughing and carrying on...I felt somewhat like a maid:grumble: :noway: . There I was with my hair in a ponytail, a ratty sweater on I wear when I go walking, at least I did have some makeup on:embarassed: . It was after 11 am before I finally got everyone out of the house so I could actually fluff my hair and do the things I needed to do, and the day just went down hill from there....ate too many salted cashews and the sodium paid me back with a 2 lb. gain this morning:explode: ! Maybe I should have given the cashews to the police officers for a snack....okay...enough of my rant!

Welcome to all the newbies:flowerforyou: , come in often and chat!

Barbie:smile: Yay the bike is ready for you to ride again!!!

Lila:smile: I remember that skit:laugh: ! I used to love SNL...now I can`t stay up that long:laugh: ! I liked the one about the baked chicken lips:laugh: , oh that was so looong ago!!!

Kate:smile: This thread has just exploded:laugh: , I don`t remember ever getting to 500 posts this soon! I love the cloak, do you maybe have one that makes you invisiable?

Michele:smile: If only you lived closer, I could have borrowed some treats to serve the officers:laugh: , they only got coffee.

Well I must run and get my walk:laugh: , before the day gets too busy....

Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • cecpetzzz
    Options
    Hi All!
    Just found this thread after joining myfitnesspal a week ago.
    I'm 54 and having a hard time losing the weight. Hormones, ya know!
    Anyone else (female) having problems losing weight due to hysterectomy? I'm doing weights and aerobics, along with calorie awareness. Trying to keep my cals at 1200 until I get to my goal weight:love:
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump...