New Year's Eve on MFP

Options
ScarlettVamp
ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
Anyone else staying in tonight to ring in the New Year? We usually have people over, but my husband wasn't up to it this year. I'll watch some football and maybe stay up to see the ball drop, but otherwise it will be a quiet night.

What are your "stay at home" plans?

Replies

• JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Drinking and watching movies or playing board games. :drinker:
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Looks like we're the only ones. lol
  • cindywomack1
    cindywomack1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are in for the night, too. He is on call for work so no drinking for him. We will probably play some games and he in bed before midnight.
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, we are home for the evening too. Nothing special planned, probably movie night and a bit of overindulging in fattening foods and spirits :) Happy New Year!!!
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    by myself, drinking, and watching The Godfather
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    By myself and watching TV and reading... and of course, looking at the message boards!
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Staying in bed with lights off diving into progressive power metal albums that I missed throughout the year on Spotify and reading books/comics/internet on my nook. Trying not to think about friends and their loved ones....seems quite hard to do. There's pretty much nothing else to do. Absolutely nothing of interest on tv (I could care less about the ball drop these days) and no netflix rentals to watch.
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options

Our joke is that any movie you like to watch over and over is your "Godfather". Of course this is because my husband could watch "The Godfather" every single day and not get bored with it. Apparently "Bridget Jones Diary" and "Fried Green Tomatoes" are both my Godfather. lol
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! It's our very own MFP NYE party. Cheers! :drinker:
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    this will be the most low key new years i have had in a very long time... staying in, ordering in, maybe one other couple will be here otherwise just me and the hubby!
  • Unique_ways
    Unique_ways Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    staying home watching movies and drinking some wine
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Our joke is that any movie you like to watch over and over is your "Godfather". Of course this is because my husband could watch "The Godfather" every single day and not get bored with it. Apparently "Bridget Jones Diary" and "Fried Green Tomatoes" are both my Godfather. lol

I am the same way. Probably the 100th time I have watched it. but never gets old. And I have part II on DVR which i might watch tomrorow. I am such a party animal
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning sick...so I'll be staying in
  • jodfie
    jodfie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i'm at my job(911) till 2300 then i get to rush downtown before 2400 and party :)
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I get out of work at midnight and I have a cold.
    May just go home and take a few shots and
    hang out. (:
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Staying in, as usual. Putting my 2 year old (who has strep and the flu) to bed very soon and letting my 5 year old stay up til midnight if she quits acting like a crazy girl! Just spending family time, watching a movie, maybe playing uno, eating TCBY frozen yogurt. LOL
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Counting my toes. I swear I had 21 of them at one point....
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm hiding... so I'm around. Playing Torchlight II and probably turning in early for an early day at the gym.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Staying home with boyfriend and 7 year old daughter. Gonna watch tv, maybe a movie, have some snacks, hopefully stay up til the ball drops, and go to bed. New years day is my boyfriends birthday too!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Staying in, as usual. Putting my 2 year old (who has strep and the flu) to bed very soon and letting my 5 year old stay up til midnight if she quits acting like a crazy girl! Just spending family time, watching a movie, maybe playing uno, eating TCBY frozen yogurt. LOL

Awww...such a good mommy. I've been staying in for 17 years...ever since I was about to become a mommy for the first time.