New Year's Eve on MFP

Options

Replies

• PinkFloydMama
    Options
    My girls and I have our footie pj's on and cuddled up on the sofa for movies for the night. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. This is what I love. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • wbl512
    wbl512 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    by myself, drinking, and watching The Godfather

Our joke is that any movie you like to watch over and over is your "Godfather".
    Haven't been out on NYE 20 years! It's for ametures :bigsmile: Home with the dog, watching my "Godfather" movie Pretty Woman and hubby is 2000 miles away. Trying to mentally ramp up for work on Wednesday; been on vacation since Dec 17!!!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yup, looks like it's wine, hubby, and MFP to ring in 2013. Wouldn't have it any other way :wink:
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    We will be asleep by 10:00 pm ~BUT~ tomorrow is the New Year's party with our running group! Fortunately, most everybody there is a healthy eater and I can go to a relatively "guilt free" party!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    staying at home and doing absolutely nothing...yay. :cry:

me two i'll be on here it only 15 after 6 now so i might have a power nape then get up. i've never done the party thing for tonight not even in my hay days
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am however working front desk at a downtown hotel right now and with the amount of people partying in it, I feel like I could be at a bar...
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    in, 2nd year in a row but not the 2nd year ever. i used to do a sweet little dinner party a few years back but after a particularly unappetizing rendition of seitan 'beef' bourguignon, i opted to simplify. my s.o. is in another state, and on call this week, so fast asleep at this point so i'm imagining it's any other monday night. except the gym is closed tomorrow so maybe i'll strap on the running shoes and hit the greenway. or go swim with the polar bears....or just watch.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Staying in watch TV for a bit--read, then go to bed--pretty much the same as every night! Tonight I am hungry though, almost like since it's NYE I'm suddenly entitled to eat some calorie laden goodie! If i wasn't so tired, I would make some cookies! Maybe tomorrow morning I will get up early and make some. No pork and sourkraut though---- I'll be out working in the greenhouse and workshop--THAT'S what I love! :flowerforyou:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    We have 4 bottles of Champagne, about 3 seasons of the Vampire diaries to go through and a lot of bad food to eat. Tomorrow it's all about getting back to what I've been doing but this 2013 will be better lol.
  • bethycupcakes
    bethycupcakes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i made dinner, we are watching the star wars movies and having a few glasses of wine.... not the cool kid thing to do but way safer and cheeper than going out anywhere.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Staying in watch TV for a bit--read, then go to bed--pretty much the same as every night! Tonight I am hungry though, almost like since it's NYE I'm suddenly entitled to eat some calorie laden goodie! If i wasn't so tired, I would make some cookies! Maybe tomorrow morning I will get up early and make some. No pork and sourkraut though---- I'll be out working in the greenhouse and workshop--THAT'S what I love! :flowerforyou:

My husband is from PA and he likes pork and sauerkraut on New Year. I'm from South Carolina and we do black eyed peas and rice cooked together (called "hoppin' john" ...don't ask me why)and some kind of greens. We aren't having either one tomorrow. I'm just not feelin' it.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,128 Member
    Options

My husband is from PA and he likes pork and sauerkraut on New Year. I'm from South Carolina and we do black eyed peas and rice cooked together (called "hoppin' john" ...don't ask me why)and some kind of greens. We aren't having either one tomorrow. I'm just not feelin' it.

I was just thinking of making black eyed peas and rice tomorrow........got a bag of greens too! Problem is, I've never made this before and I've got no recipe........was gonna wing it!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Watching The Walking Dead Marathon! Reading, playing on Pinterest...deciding what to eat next. Such an exciting life, I may even break out one of my Miller Lite 7oz ponies! :drinker:
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork...a veggie tray...and lots of liquor...
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Drinking, playing video games ( Rockband mostly ), and surfing the net. We did dinner and a movie ( Steakhouse & DJango Unchained ) earlier.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I'll be here with three bottles of wine and some video games. :drinker:
  • s_hannon
    Options
    I'm not sure I like my wine, so I'm onto beer now. Who's going to provide some entertainment ? :drinker:
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    no alcohol, spent the day in the hospital with my dad, im gonna enjoy TV, Video Games and my parents company for the night and tomorrow i will go for a run :)
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options

I was just thinking of making black eyed peas and rice tomorrow........got a bag of greens too! Problem is, I've never made this before and I've got no recipe........was gonna wing it!

The peas and rice are pretty easy. If you're using dry peas, you want to cook them first and season them with something like bacon (rendered in the bottom of the pot first) and be sure to salt them well. Measure the liquid in your peas and add your rice...and you may have to add salt again. You want to have more liquid to rice ratio than you normally would .... otherwise it will be dry.