Booze or No Booze??

Options
1235»

Replies

• aprileshowers
    Options
    I save calories/carbs for nights that i want to drink. Makes me a cheap date if i've not eaten much too! ;-) LOL
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    i realised that i had fully re-educated my brain about two weeks ago through the use of this site. i went out and got completely snaffooed by drinking shed loads of beer, then instead of getting a dirty kebab or pizza takeout, i came home, had a slice of peanut butter on toast, drank a litre of water and went to bed

so...in answer to the original question... "Booze"
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    SOBER JANUARY! It's a thing. I have at least one other friend participating.
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I find it really hard to give up white wine (that and West coast cooler is all I drink), as I love the taste, and I dont get mad drunk. Problem is the junk food the next day...
  • Sunnnnnni
    Options
    I don't drink much but I wouldn't give it up... I enjoy having a glass of wine every now and then.... I will just count the calories
  • Jalyn77
    Jalyn77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink one and occasionally two beers or glasses of wine each night and have no desire to stop! Ha ha! I have a lot of MFP friends who are going dry for a few months though, and I keep wondering if I should do the same. It would probably help my fat loss more.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thats my problem "no desire to stop" and usually don't :drinker: Hence my huge weight gain. Drank all my calories and then some. So drinking for me is pretty much out. That said, if you have a couple drinks every evening AND count it as part of your daily calories. It should not effect your weight. Enjoy :drinker:
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I cut out my glass (or two or three) of wine during the week. I also started to limit what I did drink on the weekends. It has made an impact on not only losing weight, but feeling better. Over the holiday, I was off from work and visiting friends and family so I did drink during the week, but now that the celebrations are over, I am back on track! I wish you all the best.

If you want to add me to your friend list, feel free!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm back and my NYE booze has left my body. My decision is booze.
  • smardie
    smardie Posts: 27
    Options
    I am going to try to be more attentive to what I am drinking and how much I am drinking .

it is the weekends out with friends that you really have to make better choices.
  • Tykk
    Tykk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have completely given up booze, but I'm thinking that the occasional scotch on the rocks is not going to be a problem. It's not alcohol so much as all the stuff you add to it!

(Helps that my wife gave me a beautiful set of new scotch glasses for Christmas!)
  • ducoteycd
    ducoteycd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hell no. im not giving up booze. Im a grownup!

Hahaha cracked me up!
  • cswafford49
    cswafford49 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really love beer, so I found one that only has 64 calories and still tastes good. I treat myself occasionally!
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    As of January 1 - No alcohol, no sodas. The alcohol is an easier thing to give up since I'm not big on drinking unless it's a special occasion. Soda...not so easy. Even the "Zero calorie" or "low sugar" kinds are too much of a temptation. All those wonderful empty calories and unncessary sugars...

My sister used MFPal and went off alcohol and soda for a year and I really think that helped her. She lost like 85 lbs I think. Looks fantastic and she's one of the reasons I'm on here. So I'm going the "No" route for alcohol and soda of any kind. :bigsmile:
  • jessneedham1701
    Options
    Being a 19 year old university student where all social situations seem to involve alcohol, you'd expect it to be pretty hard for me to not drink. However, I intend to not drink at all (except for my birthday and only then because it would be rude not to!). In all fairness, I didn't particularly drink much before. Well, I say that, I wasn't a moderate drinker. But every now and again (once every couple of months) I would binge which obviously, is worse. In short, I don't intend to waste any of my calories on alcohol! Hell no. Just water and squash for me.
  • ddpunk
    ddpunk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having a booze free January,.. A bottle of wine each fri/sat was becoming a little too much of a habit,.. And I'd rather eat those calories! Tonight when my bf opens a bottle I'll be staying strong with my water bottle! Ha wish me luck!!
  • shawh1
    shawh1 Posts: 1
    Options
    On the same track, 3 months to hit the short term weight/tone goals. I fell into living booze free for 2 years, well 2 years ago and have never been as fit. I felt great, my body was in amazing shape and I was healthy. I was in shock at the difference it made. Once I started drinking again, I could feel and see a big difference. Depending on your social scene, it can be hard but once you get used to drinking something else while you are out, it gets easier. It's worth it. It will go a long way for you in the next 3 months.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Some years ago, a good friend of mine joined AA. As a gesture of solidarity, I quit, too (not that I ever drank much) for the first five years. Now it's 10 years down the road, my friend is still stone cold sober, and while I went back to occasional alcohol, it'sI maybe 6-8 alcoholic drinks per *year* at this point. I don't miss the buzz at all, but every now and then, I like a little taste of Kahlua or Guinness; nothing else tastes quite like alcohol.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have no intention of "giving" up booze. I, however, do take Ambien and I am not a fan of mixing booze with my sleep meds, I always intend to wake in the morning.

As with all consumables, I don't give it up, I portion control, moderate. Though, I haven't had soda in awhile. I'm just not a fan of it, but if i had a hankering for a diet soda I wouldn't keep myself from having it.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    hell no. im not giving up booze. Im a grownup!

Ditto