The best type of cereal for weight loss

Options

Replies

• Gemmageldmacher
    Gemmageldmacher Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Try it with a spoonful of PB too.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cheerios, raisin bran and total raisin bran

Peanut butter cheerios??? Wherever you live, I'm moving there!
    They are AMAZING!

They better be. I was so excited when the banana ones came out and they were very disappointing. :grumble:
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean - has fiber and a good bit of protein.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Which ever ones fit best in your macros with all the other food you eat throughout the day.

this.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I always eat multigrain cheerios, it's filling, and it fits in my calorie goal.

These! 30g of cheerios is a lot of cheerios!
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    All of the favorites that you list are sugar laden or low in fiber - kid's cereal! Go for something more adult that will burn long and keep you going, such as:

Uncle Sam!

IMG_3718-2.jpg
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    none of the above ...ALL cereal is crap
  • davideliasirwin
    davideliasirwin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I realize that you asked for cereal suggestions, but let me give you an alternative choice for when you are not in the mood for cereal. When I eat cereal it always leaves me feeling hungry, and after two hours I start to have issues with blood sugar. I have a different breakfast staple that you might like and it is under 200 hundred calories.

Instant oatmeal packet(any flavor)
    large egg white( crack a large egg)

Microwave 30 seconds, stir
    Microwave 30 seconds, stir
    Microwave 15 seconds then splash with milk and stir. ( I stir several times to prevent the egg from forming into large clumps. I find large clumps of egg in my oatmeal unappetizing, so I stir frequently to make the egg unnoticeable.)

This comes out to about 160 calories for me and always keeps me full and taste delicious.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry; I'm going to be blunt....but the cereals you are eating are worthless. You may as well be eating sugar cereals because they have the same nutritional value.

If you are going to eat cereal, it needs to be high in fiber (at least 6 grams per serving, preferably more) and low in sugar (less than 12 grams, preferably less)

Try Fiber One brands, Fiber Plus brands or kashi (make sure the check labels)

The high fiber will fill you up more and take longer to digest; in addition, it will not spike your blood sugar which will cause a quick sugar high and make you hungry too soon after you've eaten.

In addition, you should add some low glycemic fruit (berries) and nuts to your cereal; the berries add additional fiber and the nuts add protein which will also help sustain you for a longer period.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    From personal experience - none. Starting the day with a big load of nearly protein & fat free carbs was the #1 thing keeping me fat.

If breakfast doesn't have more fat/protein then carbs, even signifcantly so, then I don't eat it as a habit. Today's example: P42+F6 = 48. C=40.
    This is where I'm at. I love cereal, but I found that it never filled me up and always left me wanting more, so I had to dump it.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Awkward....after seeing the direction this thread is going in, I'd like to stick with the flow and change my above answer to this..

Don't eat cereal EVER. If someone you know is eating cereal......punch them in the throat! A better breakfast alternative is to sit in the middle of your kitchen floor, sipping raw eggs out of the shells while reading Wheat Belly and quietly weeping. Enjoy!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I remember watching an episode of biggest loser and Jillian saying to eat MULTI GRAIN cheerios for breakfast , I use low sugar oatmeal and a slice of wheat toast or jusr hard boil some eggs the night before
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Try it with a spoonful of PB too.

I eat my Kashi with frozen blueberries. Turns the milk purple :laugh:

My other go to is All Bran buds - one serving is 11g fibre, 7g sugar. Only 80 cals too!
  • BamaJohn3
    BamaJohn3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oatmeal Squares - They're good for you and 1/2 servings make great snakes too!
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    I like the Kashi Go Lean Crunch, its pretty tasty and not too bad for you!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oatmeal Squares - They're good for you and 1/2 servings make great snakes too!

AAKK!! SNAKES FOR BREAKFAST?!
  • baseballbobbi
    baseballbobbi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I mix half & half cereal...peanut butter and chocolate cheerios....nom nom.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Which ever ones fit best in your macros with all the other food you eat throughout the day.

This one^^^

Eat the one that fits with your planned daily intake. You do have a plan right?
    For me it's instant oatmeal (original flavor).
  • bpmorris
    Options
    The only cereal that meets my taste, caloric, fiber and protein needs is oatmeal (quick type). Other cereals leave me feeling hungry an hour later, while the oatmeal really sticks with me. I love Kashi Go Lean, but it causes me wild gas.
  • loubylou1969
    loubylou1969 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    35g of porridge oats with skimmed milk

Fills me up every morning!