The best type of cereal for weight loss

Options

Replies

• matrixkingdom
    Options
    Totally agree with Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Try it with a spoonful of PB too.

Kashi uses corn syrup, hydrogenated oils & food coloring to create "fake blueberries" I am not sure about Lean Crunch, but if they make fake blueberries & promote it like they are "real" then you have to ask yourself, "what else could they be deceptively selling us.?"

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=7ec06d27b1a945be85e7da8483025962
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't eat cereal often but when I do, I stick to the KASHI cereals. I also eat them with unsweetened almond milk.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    All cereal turns to sugar....so this picking the one with the lowest sugar is futile.

I agree with whoever else said....eat some bacon and eggs.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Which ever ones fit best in your macros with all the other food you eat throughout the day.

Yep!

I like Fruity Pebbles!
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean - has fiber and a good bit of protein.

This one is good nutitionally but it tastes like poop.

Personally this is my favorite:

_DSC3275_large.jpg

You couldn't pay me to eat Lucky Charms, Coco-Puffs, or any of that other sugary crap.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I like steel cut oats.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Kashi is a good cereal, but ultimately it is best to try to avoid cereal as much as possible. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Where is Pu?

He swears by fruity pebbles :P

No... seriously!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch. My brother's dietician told him if he only made one change in his diet, to start his day with Kashi!
  • nickielouise36
    nickielouise36 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hiya i eat special k, branflakes, and crunchy bran when im on a diet xxx
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Honey bunch of oats fruit and yogurt(peach and raspberry). Keeps me full until lunch!
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    All cereal turns to sugar....so this picking the one with the lowest sugar is futile.

I agree with whoever else said....eat some bacon and eggs.

I usually eat Oatmeal instead for breakfast but occasionally, if I get lazy, I will eat cereal since it takes 2 seconds.
  • italiangirlinva
    italiangirlinva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Out of those, multi grain cheerios, but really none of those are very nutritionally sound!
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend any processed cold cereals for health or weight loss. When I have these I consider it a cheat meal because of how highly processed it is. Oatmeal or smoothies are great options for breakfast. Pick natural foods that don't contain a bunch of crap your body doesn't know what to do with. Cereals and processed foods that are man made aren't going to have the same effect on your body as natural whole foods you body knows what to do with. You can make so many variations so it won't get boring. You could add protein powder, fruit, flax, and milk or almond milk.. or peanut butter and banana. My favorite way to eat it is with walnuts, banana, flax, and a tiny bit of real maple syrup.. vanilla protein powder optional. Yum!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Which ever ones fit best in your macros with all the other food you eat throughout the day.

this.

I'd say this, but I'd also make sure you're getting good quality protein in the morning. I would suggest trying something basic like shredded wheat with milk and having an egg or egg whites on the side.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! I eat overnight oats almost every morning. Very tasty and it knocks out my hunger for 3+ hours. I never ate oatmeal before and now I eat it everyday. Gotta love those oats!
  • nickielouise36
    nickielouise36 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WELL AFTER READING SOME OF THE ABOVE POSTS... i think experiment and find what works for u.. everyone is different.. what works for some might not work for others... my friend lost 4 stone.. but with lots of wholemeal bread in her diet WHICH I COULDNT DO .. as bread bloats me... special k and branflakes work for me.. good luck
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean - has fiber and a good bit of protein.

This one is good nutitionally but it tastes like poop.

Personally this is my favorite:

_DSC3275_large.jpg

You couldn't pay me to eat Lucky Charms, Coco-Puffs, or any of that other sugary crap.

^I love this cereal!!!