The best type of cereal for weight loss

Options

Replies

• LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trying to cut out cereal and replacing it with a high protein, low carb option like scrambled eggs. I have found that when I eat carbs in the morning, particularly cereal, I am famished a couple of hours later. I read this really interesting book, "wheat belly" what talks about how wheat is an appetite stimulant and actually makes us MORE hungry because it spikes our blood sugar. After reading it I gave up carbs for breakfast and have had SOOOO much more energy during the day. For sure, if you love your cereal in the morning, keep on keeping on, but you might want to try swapping it for something else for a week to see what happens. :)

I'm with you about wheat. I'm vegan and noticed lately that I have wheat intolerance symptoms and and doing an elimination diet to see if that's the culprit. After reading a lot, it seems to be more common than ever before.. and it's probably because wheat is now found in everything.. almost every processed food. On top of that, most wheat in North America is genetically modified. It really can't be good for our bodies. However, don't forget that wheat isn't equal to all carbohydrates in general. They aren't all the same. Every cell in our body thrives on carbohydrates. It's just about choosing the most natural, nutrient dense sources. It's great that you've found something that works well for you and makes you feel better. That's what this health journey is all about! I'm a believer that different things work for different people.

Just remember though, there are still plenty of healthy carbs that won't have the same effects on your body and energy levels like wheat products (cereal, bread, pasta) will. There is a way to have carbs, and still feel great and lose weight. For breakfast oatmeal, and especially fruit are great for you (fruit doesn't make us fat!), give sustained energy, and are loaded with micronutrients.. as opposed to foods like cereal and bread that are enriched and processed. Smoothies are my favorite breakfast food.. which can be still packed with protein! It doesn't give me the crash like bread and cereal do, wholegrain or not. :)
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am not a cereal fan, but I have discovered I love Nature's Path Organic Sunrise Crunchy Maple. It is not only delicious, but it is fairly low cal (110 calories in 2/3 cup) and it is gluten free. I particularly like it with some plain greek yogurt so I get a good healthy protein along with my carbs.
  • matrixkingdom
    Options
    Info below from this website: http://naturalnewsblog.wordpress.com/tag/mike-adams/

GM labeling on all food products is mandatory in Europe!

Oh, but here in America, consumer’s are left in the dark as to exactly what they are eating.

http://www.naturalnews.com/034209_GMOs_questions.html

IF YOU ARE UNAWARE: GMO MEANS YOU ARE EATING VIRUSES, BACTERIA, AND PESTICIDE THAT HAVE BEEN ENGINEERED AS PART OF YOUR FOOD:

DON’T BE LEFT IN THE DARK!! http://www.naturalnews.com/034209_GMOs_questions.html

Molecular engineers working in laboratories for Monsanto, the giant American biotech company, are gene-splicing vegetable seedlings with poisonous pesticides and herbicides so the plants are inherently protected from the insects and worms that might damage them. The majority of products Americans eat daily contain some form of GMO soy, corn, canola (rapeseed) oil or cotton seed oil. Research shows that consuming the popular herbicide/pesticide Roundup leads to the mutation of cells in the human body, in turn fueling the development of malignant tumors and other various forms of cancer.

Get more TOXIC PRODUCTS LISTED here: http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=44805

BEWARE OF ANY FOOD CONTAINING THESE BY-PRODUCTS OF GM CORN, SOY, HFCS, MSG, ASPARTAME:

Here is the list of Genetically Modified Foods – get ready to clean out your pantry and refrigerator!

http://buzz.naturalnews.com/000587-GMO-genetically_modified-GM_foods.html

Nabisco (Phillip Morris) Arrowroot Teething Biscuits Infant formula Carnation Infant Formulas (Nestle) AlSoy Good Start
    Follow-Up Follow-Up Soy Enfamil Infant Formulas (Mead Johnson)
    Enfamil with Iron Enfamil Low Iron Enfamil A.R. Enfamil Nutramigen Enfamil Lacto Free Enfamil 22 Enfamil Next step (soy and milk-based varieties) Enfamil Pro-Soybee Isomil Infant Formulas
    (Abbot Labs) Isomil Soy Isomil Soy for Diarrhea Similac
    (Abbot Labs) Similac Lactose Free Similac with Iron Similac Low Iron Similac Alimentum

baking

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS baking mixes Aunt Jemima
    (Quaker) Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix Cornbread Mix Easy Mix Coffee Cake Betty Crocker
    (General Mills) Pie Crust Mix Original Pancake Mix Complete Pancake Mix Buttermilk Complete Pancake Mix Muffin Mixes Banana Nut
    Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Wild Blueberry Chocolate Chip
    Apple Streusel Quick Bread Mixes Banana Cinnamon Streusel Lemon Poppy Seed Cranberry Orange Gingerbread

Cookie Mixes Chocolate Chip Double Chocolate Chunk Sugar Peanut Butter

Bisquik (Betty Crocker/General Mills) Original Reduced Fat
    Shake ‘n Pour Pancake Mix Shake ‘n Pour Buttermilk Pancake Mix Shake ‘n Pour Blueberry Pancake Mix Duncan Hines (Aurora Foods) Muffin Mixes Kellogg’s All-Bran Apple Cinnamon Kellogg’s All-Bran Blueberry
    Blueberry Blueberry Crumb Chocolate Chip Hungry Jack
    (Pillsbury) Buttermilk Pancake Mix Extra Light & Fluffy Pancake Mix (all varieties) Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Blueberry Muffin Mix
    Raspberry Muffin Mix Pie Crust Mix Mrs. Butterworths (Aurora Foods) Complete Pancake Mix Buttermilk Pancake Mix Pepperidge Farms
    (Campbell’s) Buttermilk Pancake Mix Pillsbury Quick Bread & Muffin Mixes Blueberry Chocolate Chip Banana Cranberry Lemon Poppyseed Nut

Hot Roll Mix Gingerbread baking needs Bakers (Kraft/Phillip Morris) Unsweetened Chocolate Semi-Sweet Chocolate German Sweet Chocolate White Chocolate Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Baking Chips Milk Chocolate Chips Mini Kisses Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Milk Chocolate Chips White Chocolate Butterscotch Chips
    Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars

bread

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS Holsum (Interstate Bakeries)
    Holsum Thin Sliced Roman Meal 12 Grain Round Top Home Pride
    Buttertop White Buttertop Wheat Pepperidge Farms (Campbell’s)
    Cinnamon Swirl Light Oatmeal Light Wheat 100% Whole Wheat
    Hearty Slices 7 Grain 9 Grain Crunchy Oat Whole Wheat
    Light Side Oatmeal Wheat 7 Grain Soft Dinner Rolls Club Rolls Sandwich Buns Hoagie Rolls Thomas’ (Bestfoods) English Muffins Original Cinnamon Raisin Honey Wheat Oat Bran Blueberry
    Maple French Toast

Toast-r-Cakes Blueberry Toast-r-Cakes Corn Muffins Wonder
    (Interstate Bakeries) White Sandwich Bread Country Grain
    Buttermilk Thin Sandwich Light Wheat 100% Stoneground Wheat
    Fat Free Multigrain Premium Potato Beefsteak Rye Wonder Hamburger Buns

breakfast

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS breakfast bars Kellogg’s Pop Tarts (all varieties) Pop Tarts Snack Stix (all) Nutri-Grain Bars (all) Nutri-Grain Fruit Filled Squares (all) Nutri-Grain Twists (all) Fruit-Full Squares (all) Nabisco
    (Nabisco/Phillip Morris) Fruit & Grain Bars (all varieties)
    Nature Valley (General Mills) Oats & Honey Granola Bars
    Peanut Butter Granola Bars Cinnamon Granola Bars Pillsbury
    (General Mills) Toaster Scrambles & Strudels (all varieties)
    Quaker Chewy Granola Bars (all varieties) Fruit & Oatmeal Bars (all varieties) waffles Aunt Jemima Frozen Waffles
    Buttermilk Blueberry Eggo Frozen Waffles (Kellogg’s)
    Homestyle Buttermilk Nutri-Grain Whole Wheat Nutri-Grain Multi Grain Cinnamon Toast Blueberry Strawberry Apple Cinnamon
    Banana Bread Hungry Jack Frozen Waffles (Pillsbury/General Mills)
    Homestyle Buttermilk

cereal

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS General Mills Cheerios
    Wheaties Total Corn Chex Lucky Charms Trix Kix
    Golden Grahams Cinnamon Grahams Count Chocula Honey Nut Chex
    Frosted Cheerios Apple Cinnamon Cheerios Multi-Grain Cheerios
    Frosted Wheaties Brown Sugar & Oat Total Basic 4 Reeses Puffs French Toast Crunch Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes Corn Flakes
    Special K Raisin Bran Rice Krispies Corn Pops Product 19
    Smacks Froot Loops Marshmallow Blasted Fruit Loops Apple Jacks
    Crispix Smart Start All-Bran Complete Wheat Bran Complete Oat Bran Just Right Fruit & Nut Honey Crunch Corn Flakes Raisin Bran Crunch Cracklin’ Oat Bran Country Inn Specialties (all varieties) Mothers Cereals (Quaker) Toasted Oat Bran Peanut Butter Bumpers Groovy Grahams Harvest Oat Flakes Harvest Oat Flakes w/Apples & Almonds Honey Round Ups Post (Kraft-Phillip Morris)
    Raisin Bran Bran Flakes Grape Nut Flakes Grape Nut O’s Fruit & Fibre date, raisin and walnut Fruit & Fibre peach, raisin and almond Honey Bunch of Oats Honey Nut Shredded Wheat Honey Comb
    Golden Crisp Waffle Crisp Cocoa Pebbles Cinna-Crunch Pebbles
    Fruity Pebbles Alpha-Bits Post Selects Cranberry Almond Post Selects Banana Nut Crunch Post Selects Blueberry Morning Post Selects Great Grains Quaker Life Cinnamon Life 100% Natural Granola
    Toasted Oatmeal Toasted Oatmeal Honey Nut Oat Bran Cap’n Crunch
    Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch Cap’n Crunch Crunchling Berries

chocolate

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS candy Cadbury
    (Cadbury/Hershey’s) Mounds Almond Joy York Peppermint Patty
    Dairy Milk Roast Almond Fruit & Nut Hershey’s Kit-Kat
    Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Mr. Goodbar Special Dark Milk Chocolate Kisses Symphony Kraft (Kraft/Phillip Morris)
    Toblerone (all varieties) Mars M&M (all varieties)
    Snickers Three Musketeers Milky Way Twix Nestle Crunch
    Milk Chocolate Chunky Butterfinger 100 Grand drink mixes and dessert toppings Carnation (Nestle) Hot Cocoa Mixes: Rich Chocolate Double Chocolate Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Madness
    Mini Marshmallow No Sugar Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Special Dark Chocolate Syrup Strawberry Syrup Nestle Nesquik Strawberry Nesquik Swiss Miss (ConAgra) Hot Cocoa Mixes: Chocolate Sensation Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Lovers Marshmallow Lovers Fat Free No Sugar Added

DON’T BE LEFT IN THE DARK!! http://www.naturalnews.com/034209_GMOs_questions.html

Molecular engineers working in laboratories for Monsanto, the giant American biotech company, are gene-splicing vegetable seedlings with poisonous pesticides and herbicides so the plants are inherently protected from the insects and worms that might damage them. The majority of products Americans eat daily contain some form of GMO soy, corn, canola (rapeseed) oil or cotton seed oil. Research shows that consuming the popular herbicide/pesticide Roundup leads to the mutation of cells in the human body, in turn fueling the development of malignant tumors and other various forms of cancer.

Get more TOXIC PRODUCTS LISTED here: http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=44805
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    OP is asking about weight loss, not nutrition specifically. To lose the weight, you need lower calories and, IMO, a bowl of whatever organic high-fiber hand-made-in-USA expeller-pressed canejuice Whole foods hippie commune stuff is the Exact Same Thing as a bowl of white bleached Monstanto chemtacular GMO DeathGrain2000 lucky Charms.

That's not to say cereal can't be a decent part of breakfast. But who really has three eggs with one 3/4c serving of cereal, instead of eating gigantic bowl or two?

Also, cereal packs down. Unless you measure it by weight, you're probably eating a lot more calories than you think. Try it sometime with a digitial scale and see for yourself.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Everybody panic!!!
  • tawnyd24
    tawnyd24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a huge cereal lover but will stick with cheerios and special K protein as suggested below. I do luv all the special K cereals. My issue is I am limited with the kind of veggies I like and do not eat fish unless breaded so no tuna and healthy stuff like that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    In terms of actually helping you lose weight fast...any old cereal that fits in your calorie goal and macros will do. In terms of good nutrition, look for whle grain cereals; they are generally high in both fiber and protein. Look for ones without a lot of added sugar. Personally, I"m an oatmeal freak...lots of fiber, and in particular, soluble fiber which if very heart healthy and helps the body remove bad cholesterol and clean out the old arteries.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    High fiber/low carb. I'm a cereal FREAK and it's 100% impossible for me to start a day without cereal.

I like Nature's Path Multigrain Oatflake cereal and Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls best. The Shredded Spoonfuls taste like Life cereal, remember that stuff). Kashi Go-Lean Crunch is up there as a favorite too. I LOVE Quaker Oat Squares, but they are a bit higher in carbs.
  • matrixkingdom
    Options
    Your body will ALWAYS STAY HUNGRY until you provide the body with the proper amount of healthy live enzymes from plant-foods. I do not agree with wheat-belly.. it doesn't do that for everyone, only for those who are allergic to gluten. 50% of people in the world are allergic to gluten in some form or another. We need complex carbs in our body and low-carbs is not that good for your body. Our body craves carbs because we can't make it on our own. That's why we don't need meat in our diet, because meat is loaded with cholesterol and our liver produces enough of it for us. All plant-food has NO cholesterol at all.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like the best. Calories in, calories out, yo.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I stay away from cold cereals. The serving sizes are tiny, they dont fill me up, and dont have staying power. They're a catalyst for overeating for me. That said, do whatever works for you and fits within your macros.

You can also make relatively low calorie, high fiber, breakfast casseroles or muffins and reheat throughout the week.
  • charleneagilmore
    charleneagilmore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you want a grain, make it oatmeal. But- not the GMO, checically flavored, instant, artifically sweetened gruel. Just plain old rolled oats (not even quick cook). I find them very filling and the fiber will keep you going as well.

I just put about 1/2-1 cup in a bowl (depending on how much I'm working out that day), add a little water and microwave for a min. Then I add a tbsp or 2 of organic half and half. I despise soft cereal so this method keeps it a little crunchy and the 50/50 adds some fat and flavor. If I need some extra flavor, i'll add a tbs or two of raisins. I try to keep this in check though due to sugars.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Multigrain Cheerios or Special K protein.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    None of them. It's all carbs carbs carbs and very little of anything else...

mix it up! Fruit, eggs, etc...
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Here's the secret....you ready?!!!.....................................Stay in a calorie deficit and it doesn't matter what you eat! Boom! You all are welcome!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Info below from this website: http://naturalnewsblog.wordpress.com/tag/mike-adams/

GM labeling on all food products is mandatory in Europe!

Oh, but here in America, consumer’s are left in the dark as to exactly what they are eating.

http://www.naturalnews.com/034209_GMOs_questions.html

IF YOU ARE UNAWARE: GMO MEANS YOU ARE EATING VIRUSES, BACTERIA, AND PESTICIDE THAT HAVE BEEN ENGINEERED AS PART OF YOUR FOOD:

BEWARE OF ANY FOOD CONTAINING THESE BY-PRODUCTS OF GM CORN, SOY, HFCS, MSG, ASPARTAME:

Here is the list of Genetically Modified Foods – get ready to clean out your pantry and refrigerator!

http://buzz.naturalnews.com/000587-GMO-genetically_modified-GM_foods.html

Nabisco (Phillip Morris) Arrowroot Teething Biscuits Infant formula Carnation Infant Formulas (Nestle) AlSoy Good Start
    Follow-Up Follow-Up Soy Enfamil Infant Formulas (Mead Johnson)
    Enfamil with Iron Enfamil Low Iron Enfamil A.R. Enfamil Nutramigen Enfamil Lacto Free Enfamil 22 Enfamil Next step (soy and milk-based varieties) Enfamil Pro-Soybee Isomil Infant Formulas
    (Abbot Labs) Isomil Soy Isomil Soy for Diarrhea Similac
    (Abbot Labs) Similac Lactose Free Similac with Iron Similac Low Iron Similac Alimentum

baking

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS baking mixes Aunt Jemima
    (Quaker) Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix Cornbread Mix Easy Mix Coffee Cake Betty Crocker
    (General Mills) Pie Crust Mix Original Pancake Mix Complete Pancake Mix Buttermilk Complete Pancake Mix Muffin Mixes Banana Nut
    Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Wild Blueberry Chocolate Chip
    Apple Streusel Quick Bread Mixes Banana Cinnamon Streusel Lemon Poppy Seed Cranberry Orange Gingerbread

Cookie Mixes Chocolate Chip Double Chocolate Chunk Sugar Peanut Butter

Bisquik (Betty Crocker/General Mills) Original Reduced Fat
    Shake ‘n Pour Pancake Mix Shake ‘n Pour Buttermilk Pancake Mix Shake ‘n Pour Blueberry Pancake Mix Duncan Hines (Aurora Foods) Muffin Mixes Kellogg’s All-Bran Apple Cinnamon Kellogg’s All-Bran Blueberry
    Blueberry Blueberry Crumb Chocolate Chip Hungry Jack
    (Pillsbury) Buttermilk Pancake Mix Extra Light & Fluffy Pancake Mix (all varieties) Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Blueberry Muffin Mix
    Raspberry Muffin Mix Pie Crust Mix Mrs. Butterworths (Aurora Foods) Complete Pancake Mix Buttermilk Pancake Mix Pepperidge Farms
    (Campbell’s) Buttermilk Pancake Mix Pillsbury Quick Bread & Muffin Mixes Blueberry Chocolate Chip Banana Cranberry Lemon Poppyseed Nut

Hot Roll Mix Gingerbread baking needs Bakers (Kraft/Phillip Morris) Unsweetened Chocolate Semi-Sweet Chocolate German Sweet Chocolate White Chocolate Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Baking Chips Milk Chocolate Chips Mini Kisses Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Milk Chocolate Chips White Chocolate Butterscotch Chips
    Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars

bread

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS Holsum (Interstate Bakeries)
    Holsum Thin Sliced Roman Meal 12 Grain Round Top Home Pride
    Buttertop White Buttertop Wheat Pepperidge Farms (Campbell’s)
    Cinnamon Swirl Light Oatmeal Light Wheat 100% Whole Wheat
    Hearty Slices 7 Grain 9 Grain Crunchy Oat Whole Wheat
    Light Side Oatmeal Wheat 7 Grain Soft Dinner Rolls Club Rolls Sandwich Buns Hoagie Rolls Thomas’ (Bestfoods) English Muffins Original Cinnamon Raisin Honey Wheat Oat Bran Blueberry
    Maple French Toast

Toast-r-Cakes Blueberry Toast-r-Cakes Corn Muffins Wonder
    (Interstate Bakeries) White Sandwich Bread Country Grain
    Buttermilk Thin Sandwich Light Wheat 100% Stoneground Wheat
    Fat Free Multigrain Premium Potato Beefsteak Rye Wonder Hamburger Buns

breakfast

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS breakfast bars Kellogg’s Pop Tarts (all varieties) Pop Tarts Snack Stix (all) Nutri-Grain Bars (all) Nutri-Grain Fruit Filled Squares (all) Nutri-Grain Twists (all) Fruit-Full Squares (all) Nabisco
    (Nabisco/Phillip Morris) Fruit & Grain Bars (all varieties)
    Nature Valley (General Mills) Oats & Honey Granola Bars
    Peanut Butter Granola Bars Cinnamon Granola Bars Pillsbury
    (General Mills) Toaster Scrambles & Strudels (all varieties)
    Quaker Chewy Granola Bars (all varieties) Fruit & Oatmeal Bars (all varieties) waffles Aunt Jemima Frozen Waffles
    Buttermilk Blueberry Eggo Frozen Waffles (Kellogg’s)
    Homestyle Buttermilk Nutri-Grain Whole Wheat Nutri-Grain Multi Grain Cinnamon Toast Blueberry Strawberry Apple Cinnamon
    Banana Bread Hungry Jack Frozen Waffles (Pillsbury/General Mills)
    Homestyle Buttermilk

cereal

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS General Mills Cheerios
    Wheaties Total Corn Chex Lucky Charms Trix Kix
    Golden Grahams Cinnamon Grahams Count Chocula Honey Nut Chex
    Frosted Cheerios Apple Cinnamon Cheerios Multi-Grain Cheerios
    Frosted Wheaties Brown Sugar & Oat Total Basic 4 Reeses Puffs French Toast Crunch Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes Corn Flakes
    Special K Raisin Bran Rice Krispies Corn Pops Product 19
    Smacks Froot Loops Marshmallow Blasted Fruit Loops Apple Jacks
    Crispix Smart Start All-Bran Complete Wheat Bran Complete Oat Bran Just Right Fruit & Nut Honey Crunch Corn Flakes Raisin Bran Crunch Cracklin’ Oat Bran Country Inn Specialties (all varieties) Mothers Cereals (Quaker) Toasted Oat Bran Peanut Butter Bumpers Groovy Grahams Harvest Oat Flakes Harvest Oat Flakes w/Apples & Almonds Honey Round Ups Post (Kraft-Phillip Morris)
    Raisin Bran Bran Flakes Grape Nut Flakes Grape Nut O’s Fruit & Fibre date, raisin and walnut Fruit & Fibre peach, raisin and almond Honey Bunch of Oats Honey Nut Shredded Wheat Honey Comb
    Golden Crisp Waffle Crisp Cocoa Pebbles Cinna-Crunch Pebbles
    Fruity Pebbles Alpha-Bits Post Selects Cranberry Almond Post Selects Banana Nut Crunch Post Selects Blueberry Morning Post Selects Great Grains Quaker Life Cinnamon Life 100% Natural Granola
    Toasted Oatmeal Toasted Oatmeal Honey Nut Oat Bran Cap’n Crunch
    Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch Cap’n Crunch Crunchling Berries

chocolate

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS candy Cadbury
    (Cadbury/Hershey’s) Mounds Almond Joy York Peppermint Patty
    Dairy Milk Roast Almond Fruit & Nut Hershey’s Kit-Kat
    Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Mr. Goodbar Special Dark Milk Chocolate Kisses Symphony Kraft (Kraft/Phillip Morris)
    Toblerone (all varieties) Mars M&M (all varieties)
    Snickers Three Musketeers Milky Way Twix Nestle Crunch
    Milk Chocolate Chunky Butterfinger 100 Grand drink mixes and dessert toppings Carnation (Nestle) Hot Cocoa Mixes: Rich Chocolate Double Chocolate Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Madness
    Mini Marshmallow No Sugar Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Special Dark Chocolate Syrup Strawberry Syrup Nestle Nesquik Strawberry Nesquik Swiss Miss (ConAgra) Hot Cocoa Mixes: Chocolate Sensation Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Lovers Marshmallow Lovers Fat Free No Sugar Added

Stopped reading at "natural news"! Alarmism!!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Kashi is a good cereal, but ultimately it is best to try to avoid cereal as much as possible. Good luck :flowerforyou:

Can you explain why it's best to avoid cereal?
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you are really serious about your nutrution, you should not eat cereal. If you read the labels, even the "healthy" cereal have too many sugars and carbs. You should eat oatmeal instead, unless you are on low carb diet
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the rice chex. They are low in calories, so I can add a banana with a bit of peanut butter and skim milk and have a reasonnable breakfast.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm an eggs and bacon kind of girl. If I want carbs for breakfast I just add in some grits or a biscuit. I do like cereal, but it's a late night snack for me. I prefer Apple Jacks, Lucky Charms or Cinnamon Toast Crunch when the urge hits. Good luck! :happy: