The best type of cereal for weight loss

Options

Replies

• LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I disagree. You put petro-chemicals in your body and your immune system will shut down and make your body susceptible to cancer & other autoo-immune diseases. We all need CLEAN ORGANIC FOOD. Proper live enzymes consumed & absorbed will kick-start the body's natural healing mechanisms and begin arresting and sometimes reversing heart problems, cancers & diabetes. It is no joke. Gerson Therapy has proven it & watch the movie's Hungry for Change & Food Matters.

Organic food should be dirty by definition, not clean.

Clean food doesn't mean the literal sense of "no dirt." It means natural, whole foods that are unprocessed or refined. The term "clean eating" refers to eating as few processed foods as one can, sticking to lean protein, veggies, fruit, and unrefined whole grains, etc. Not man made processed foods.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Here's the secret....you ready?!!!.....................................Stay in a calorie deficit and it doesn't matter what you eat! Boom! You all are welcome!

I disagree. You put petro-chemicals in your body and your immune system will shut down and make your body susceptible to cancer & other autoo-immune diseases. We all need CLEAN ORGANIC FOOD. Proper live enzymes consumed & absorbed will kick-start the body's natural healing mechanisms and begin arresting and sometimes reversing heart problems, cancers & diabetes. It is no joke. Gerson Therapy has proven it & watch the movie's Hungry for Change & Food Matters.

100% agree with you. Food DOES matter. Our bodies know what to do natural, whole foods and will use 1600 calories worth of fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, oats, brown rice, quinoa, and lean protein MUCH more efficiently than processed crap full of sugar, fat, chemicals, cholesterol, etc.. It's not just about calories, but about the nutritional quality of the food, micro nutrient density, and our satiation mechanism. Processed food is also addictive. It promotes disease and cancer cell growth. Micro nutrient dense foods have the opposite effect. It's all relevant to weight loss. Take care of the inside, and weight loss will happen. Besides, don't people want to feel as amazing as possible, decrease risk of disease, and lose weight all at the same time?

You both took this out of context! My responce was in reference to weight loss, not to the over-all quailty of the food! I agree with most of what you have said! However, you MUST be in a calorie deficit to lose weight! You can over-consume on too much orgainc grass or whatever one decides to eat! It is all a personal choice! I was simply stating as the heading ask "whats best for weight loss" and being in a calorie deficit is what's best for weight loss!
  • melmckay99
    Options
    I find all cereals have too much sugar and don't keep me full for long enough. I eat oatmeal everyday instead. I buy the organic plain oatmeal where the ONLY ingredient is rolled oats (no sugar, no salt, no preservaties). Then I add a tsp of psyllium husk for extra fiber. Psyllium husk also has a 'bulking' property once it comes in contact with liquids. It turns into a gel like subtance and adds volume to your food making it even more filling (not to mention it's only like 4-5 cals per tsp and loaded with extra fiber)! I usually also add a splash of soy milk or almond milk, some low fat soya protein powder and any combination of blueberries, rasberries and sometimes even cinnamon! Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day and the one I most look forward to. I have been eating this exact same breakfast for months now and am still not sick of it.
  • matrixkingdom
    Options
    Here's the secret....you ready?!!!.....................................Stay in a calorie deficit and it doesn't matter what you eat! Boom! You all are welcome!

I have a question........who died and made this guy Cereal Czar, Organic Food Czar and Posting alarmist studies Czar? Man, that a lot of hats to wear.

It's called extensive research on health for the past 3 years, almost 6 hrs a day every day, so do the math. That's all I do is study nutrition. Alarmist.? I guess you're another propaganda believer thinking the FDA wants to keep us healthy because there is lots of profit to be made by curing people and making them more healthy, right.? Wrong! They only care about profits! Greed overrules Health Care. They make money off making people sick in a deceptive way through brainwashing on TV Media which is controlled by the government, and everyone is suppressed from vital information that could save your family members who are dying! We all have family who are dying some way or another and most of it can be arrested and reversed. Instead, you turn a blind eye and complain that your family members are dying of cancer and you keep making facebook posts (example) asking for a cure for cancer, when it is all in PREVENTION.
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options

100% agree with you. Food DOES matter. Our bodies know what to do natural, whole foods and will use 1600 calories worth of fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, oats, brown rice, quinoa, and lean protein MUCH more efficiently than processed crap full of sugar, fat, chemicals, cholesterol, etc.. It's not just about calories, but about the nutritional quality of the food, micro nutrient density, and our satiation mechanism. Processed food is also addictive. It promotes disease and cancer cell growth. Micro nutrient dense foods have the opposite effect. It's all relevant to weight loss. Take care of the inside, and weight loss will happen. Besides, don't people want to feel as amazing as possible, decrease risk of disease, and lose weight all at the same time?

You both took this out of context! My responce was in reference to weight loss, not to the over-all quailty of the food! I agree with most of what you have said! However, you MUST be in a calorie deficit to lose weight! You can over-consume on too much orgainc grass or whatever one decides to eat! It is all a personal choice! I was simply stating as the heading ask "whats best for weight loss" and being in a calorie deficit is what's best for weight loss!

I know, and I agree about a calorie deficit. However, the food still matters either way. For example, if someone decides to eat 1200 calories a day (therefore creating a deficit) they will lose weight, but someone eating 1200 calories of lean protein, fruit, veggies, and whole grains will have A LOT more weight loss success than someone eating 1200 calories cookies, white bread, sugary cereal, and other low nutrient processed foods. They'll also be a lot hungrier. They're both eating 1200 calories, both in a calorie deficit, but the source of the calories will still make a difference in overall weight loss. That's what I meant. Sorry.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    shredded wheat with bran - no frosting (all fiber) there is no sugar in it - will fill you up though!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Very Well Put :)

I agree, One week into a heavy metal cleanse, and really studying the food I eat.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    If we lock all the paleo and vegan zealots in a room will they cancel each other out? Or will they explode sorta like matter and anti-matter?
  • matrixkingdom
    Options

No you don't -absolutely- need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. I maintain my weight, hardly exercise, and I eat 3300-4000 calories a day. Why don't I lose weight.? Cause I eat 600g of carbs a day and over 100 grams of fiber. Moderate protein (under 90g) and only 4% of the 80g of fat I take in is saturated.

I am not trying to argue with you, I sometimes like to elaborate & explain as much as I can when the opportunity arises. We are all here to help others, and help ourselves. Take care, Lass :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Which ever ones fit best in your macros with all the other food you eat throughout the day.

^This. I would also add, whichever one YOU like the taste of. Don't eat a cereal just because you "think" it will help you lose weight :)
  • sally414
    Options
    Kashi GO LEAN...and not the "Crunch" variety. I have found that this cereal has the highest protein and very little sugar.

Eat it with sugar free vanilla almond milk and a banana for added flavor.

It keeps me full all morning long!
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal crisp is SO delicious, but I wouldn't consider it any healthier than kids sugary cereals, except for the fact that the grains are slightly less processed (but none the less, still processed). It has 14g of sugar per cup. Lucky charms has 13g per cup. The oatmeal crisp also contains corn syrup and canola oil.. so while it seems healthier and the grains a little less refined, it still isn't that great nutritionally speaking. I was so sad when I learned this early in my weight loss journey. The vanilla almond one is my favorite! I think I would personally still eat it once in a while, but wouldn't consider it a healthy meal.

Thanks for ruining my day!!! lol

That sucks, but I'm mostly in the "if it fits your macros" camp so I'm still gonna continue eating it occasionally. To be honest, cereal in general doens't seem to be good for dieting down so might as well have a good tasting one. :p
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    If we lock all the paleo and vegan zealots in a room will they cancel each other out? Or will they explode sorta like matter and anti-matter?

bahahahahaha you so whitty
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    *this*
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    No specific cereal is going to automagically help you lose weight faster. Something with more protein and/or more fiber in it will probably stay with you longer so you don't feel hungry again as soon, but you can pick any cereal you want, and as long as the rest of your calories and macros for the day are good, that's that.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Clean food doesn't mean the literal sense of "no dirt." It means natural, whole foods that are unprocessed or refined. The term "clean eating" refers to eating as few processed foods as one can, sticking to lean protein, veggies, fruit, and unrefined whole grains, etc. Not man made processed foods.

It's being abused as a catch-all to describe "everything good". No processing means eating the rind from oranges and bananas, since peeling them is processing food which is bad? Because that's what you're doing when you hull brown rice to make white, you're processing it. Should we eat eggs raw instead of cooking them? Do organic chickens not carry salmonella? Raw milk, too! Because what Louis Pasteur discovered a hundred and fifty years ago was really just the beginning of some evil concerted effort by scientists to give everyone cancer. :explode:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Cereal doesn't have staying power for me, I'm usually starving soon after eating. I'd look for something low in sugar, high in protein and fiber.

^ This! I stopped eating cereal because I was always starving 2 hours later. Tried several brands/varieties, more protein, etc., but none of them worked!! Not good because I do like cereal! :frown

However, I still eat oatmeal. Rolled oats are very filling!! :wink:
  • lasmit4477
    Options

I know, and I agree about a calorie deficit. However, the food still matters either way. For example, if someone decides to eat 1200 calories a day (therefore creating a deficit) they will lose weight, but someone eating 1200 calories of lean protein, fruit, veggies, and whole grains will have A LOT more weight loss success than someone eating 1200 calories cookies, white bread, sugary cereal, and other low nutrient processed foods. They'll also be a lot hungrier. They're both eating 1200 calories, both in a calorie deficit, but the source of the calories will still make a difference in overall weight loss. That's what I meant. Sorry.

I agree with you about it's benefits to OVER-ALL health, but not exactly on "better or faster" weight loss. Many factors play into this. If you could see my diary, you would understand how much I do agree with the quality of food! The weight loss success is generally much higher because people adapt a new lifestyle, stick to it and learn about foods and accept what makes them feel better, both emotionally and physically! I feel better when I eat better, I preform better when I choose better foods, but it still does not mean that every now and then I am not going to enjoy a piece of pie my grandmother makes!
  • lasmit4477
    Options

No you don't -absolutely- need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. I maintain my weight, hardly exercise, and I eat 3300-4000 calories a day. Why don't I lose weight.? Cause I eat 600g of carbs a day and over 100 grams of fiber. Moderate protein (under 90g) and only 4% of the 80g of fat I take in is saturated.

I am not trying to argue with you, I sometimes like to elaborate & explain as much as I can when the opportunity arises. We are all here to help others, and help ourselves. Take care, Lass :)

I could go on and on about this with you. Fat loss and actual weight loss can be/are two different things! Do what works for you! Take care :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

It's being abused as a catch-all to describe "everything good". No processing means eating the rind from oranges and bananas, since peeling them is processing food which is bad? Because that's what you're doing when you hull brown rice to make white, you're processing it. Should we eat eggs raw instead of cooking them? Do organic chickens not carry salmonella? Raw milk, too! Because what Louis Pasteur discovered a hundred and fifty years ago was really just the beginning of some evil concerted effort by scientists to give everyone cancer. :explode:

LOUD CLAPPING!!!! :drinker: