What is your favorite frozen healthy food?

Options
12346»

Replies

• RollinwithRach
    RollinwithRach Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Np!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You think that **** is healthy?
    Honestly? So you think it's not healthIER than eating a pizza? Or fast food fried foods and burgers? Seriously?

Did this person say that it was? No, they simply said that frozen meals aren't healthy. I said the same thing, but I also DIDN'T say that pizza and fried foods are healthy. If eating frozen dinners is how YOU chose to eat, kudos, but my body doesn't do well with sodium so I avoid it. Geeze

What makes frozen food unhealthy? It's just food that is frozen.
  • kelemurphy
    kelemurphy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Frozen Fruit!!!! put in my bullet with a little yogurt Flexseed and water ! LOVE IT !
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't like the taste of frozen ready meals (or most ready meals) and yet my freezer is always full...

I make big batches of freezable meals so I've always got something when I'm feeling lazy or have run out of fresh ingredients.

And a big bag of froze broccoli and a bag of frozen peas are a must. It's so easy to chuck them in with everything and anything to add a bit of greens.

I don't eat meat but in UK supermarkets I've seen these fish-fillets in a bag like things that have some butter and herbs and stuff with them. I've never looked into but they seem pretty healthy but are really expensive. You could probably make a whole steam in a bag meal of frozen fish and veggies pretty easily.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine almost any of them.
  • Muffiewilmes
    Muffiewilmes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I haven't found many frozen meals I like but I can tolerate the mexican chicken one from WW. I keep progressive light soups and a bowl at work and that seems to be better for me. I never look forward to that lunch but atleast I have something if I forget or get in a bind.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I don't buy frozen meals but i always have in my freezer cooked shrimp, creamed spinach, broccoli, peas, frozen berries. Also, whenever I make soup I freeze some in single serving jars so I always have something to eat.
  • 253down
    253down Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Smart ones santa fe rice and beans with cheese sauce, I dump it on top big bowl of lettuce, use salsa for a dressing and it tastes like a great Taco salad..
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I personally make & freeze big batches of my own. I save more money & i KNOW what's in them!:bigsmile:

My food vacuum sealer comes in great handy; it helps my food last 10x longer.

❤ homemade organic pancakes & waffles

❤ homemade organic pizza balls

❤ homemade organic turkey sausage patties

❤ homemade organic mcgriddles

❤ homemade organic quesadillas, chalupas, fajitas, & breakfast burritos

❤ homemade organic chicken tenders

❤ homemade organic turkey meat loaf muffins

❤ homemade organic mini pizzas

❤ homemade organic turkey burger patties
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Haagen dazs rocky road.:smile:
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I always have a couple of Amy's Organic Cheddar Cheese Burritos in my freezer for those really busy days. Because my dietary focus is on iron and protein as a vegetarian, these are great for me when I need a hit of iron on those bad food days.

We don't eat a whole lot of frozen vegetables (basically just corn) but I love The Toby Brand's Cookin Greens designer mix (I think it's a Canadian company.) It's collards, rapine, spinach, yellow beans, and onions. Even just with a little bit of vegan butter and sea salt it is delicious.
  • CarrieElizabethA
    CarrieElizabethA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Target's Archer Farms Mukimame. I like to add a little Asian style seasoning. It's steam in a bag in the microwave then eat. Minimal effort on my part. Then I pair it with a bowl of strawberries. Just easy and good.
  • amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm also a fan of the Amy's meals. The garden vegetable lasagna is my all time favorite, and I also like the tamales and pretty much any of the burritos. The tofu teriyaki bowl is also yummy.

I do cook a lot, but I usually have second meals for dinner the next night, not for lunch.

PS - A plea for those of us who share a microwave in an office area - Please don't microwave fish! Little makes me want to hurl like smelling the catfood like stench of someone's leftover salmon (which I am sure is delicious) while I am in my office.
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Raspberries
    Mixed fruit
  • martybartram
    martybartram Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options