how does everyone kick the cravings for sweets?

Options

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Stop each day and buy 1 single, small piece of chocolate to consume during the evening. Don't keep quantities in the house.

^This. Stop thinking its all or nothing. I eat pizza, ice cream, chocolate, tacos, hamburgers and I do drink. I just make sure I keep it all within a reasonably well balanced diet and don't overdo it. The switch from "I have to cut it out entirely" to "moderation" was a game changer for me.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    One Ghirardelli 72% Intense Cocoa square broken into small pieces each and every night after dinner. I pop a small piece into my mouth and take a small sip of coffee and let it melt. It takes me about 30 minutes to finish my 'dessert' and helped me kick my all-day-long chocolate cravings.
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    small glass of chocolate milk or a chocolate yogurt
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't. One small square of dark chocolate will not hurt you. Research shows it is actually GOOD for you. The problem is "one small square". haha It's all about will power.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    my issue is i NEED chocolate lol

You just THINK you need it. ;) Trust me - it will go away in time after not indulging in it as much. You'll actually crave the good stuff! ;)
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownie. I allow myself at least one sometimes more as long as I don't go over my calorie count. They are only 90 calories.
  • Ophelia2013
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. What is a boiled sweet?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I crave sugar a lot, but I find it usually happens when I'm a) dehydrated, or b) tired. If I really want to avoid it, I need to have something to drink (hot or cold but non-alcoholic and decaffeinated) and go to bed.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Honestly the only way to stop eating something is to not go there, say no thank you and walk away. I agree that once you start you can't stop.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I eat them!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Personally, I just have chocolate when I have the calories to include it, but I can be satisfied with one or two pieces.

For things I can't just have one or two pieces, cold turkey, or handing them over to my husband if they're in the house.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm watching my carbs, so when I do splurge, it has to be worth it. I buy the super ultra dark stuff from Lindt, and I find one square is more than enough chocolate for me. It's more satisfying than a whole bag of pretzel m&ms.
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    im the same as the OP , i had to exercise more today to offset my chocolate binge ... 500 wasted calories today :(

but Tasted mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Eat them until I'm sick of them haha
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Heres a few things that worked for me

1) working out. Somebody explained to me the medical reason but apparently working out hard releases some chemical that satisfies your sugar cravings or something along that lines

2) eat some fruit (NOT juice). Lower calorie, yummy and has many benefits!

3) brush teeth or chew a gum if you're craving

good luck!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Despite all the studies, I love dark chocolate and am more likely to binge on it. Milk chocolate usually isn't worth it.

I basically follow the South Beach diet principles and go without sweets for a few weeks. After a few days, my body adjusts and I don't crave the junk, but I try to keep it up so that I don't slide right bak into old habits.

I don't use them, but the original SB suggested many desserts with artificial sweeteners, like sugar free jello and ricotta, Splenda and the flavoring of your choice.
  • lilteepot
    Options
    I asked this question a few months ago when I was really struggling. Someone told me they ate sweet pickles to kill the craving. I thought it was weird. Now it's my go-to sweet snack... That and pickled beets. I'm weird like that.

I get the munchies in the evenings as well. I'm learning that if I force myself to stay busy doing little things around the house (there's always SOMETHING that needs done), I don't crave food as badly.
  • kenyabloodstone
    Options
    Suck a boiled sweet instead, Im a chocoholic and will eat 2 mini rolls every time i have a cup of tea. I find a boiled sweet does it :)

Um... not to sound dumb, but what is a boiled sweet??

that was my question too...

I found the definition of boiled sweets online. Its just hard candy.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I use pure unsweetened cocoa powder in my berry smoothie breakfast. That way I get the benefits of the chocolate without the added industrial sugar, and rarely have any problem with craving for the rest of the day. If I start eating actual chocolate candies, I'm screwed. Best to stay away from that madness.
  • azztkk
    azztkk Posts: 26
    Options
    Fudgsicles ... 40 calories a pop
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!