how does everyone kick the cravings for sweets?

Options

Replies

• alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    As I read through the responses, I didn't see Water listed. For me the more water I drink, the less I crave sweets.
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have binge eating issues. If I have a bag of fun size snickers(or any other candy for that matter) in front of me I'll eat the whole bag without thinking twice! For me I just flat out can not have anything of the sorts in the house! If I don't eat those tasty little morsels I stop craving them after a while of not eating them. I had carrot cake and pecan pie on Christmas Day and my cravings came right back. I resisted th urge(since nothing was in the house) and now I don't have the cravings again. I know eating anything of the sorts will just make things worse.
  • Gia6280
    Gia6280 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sugar free choc pudding cup with a spoonful of cool whip on top. That or sugar free jello is perfect for me when I want a snack and dont want to turn to ice cream.
  • Katmela
    Katmela Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Truffle ice cream bars! Only 100 calories and it does NOT taste like anything diet!
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    peanut butter :wink:
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Coffee, but doesn't always work
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When ever I get a craving for something I don't want to put in my body like candy, I recently started drinking green tea. Put the kettle on the stove wait for it to boil, and usually by the time it is ready the craving is gone. Or a full glass of water.
  • barryjogorman
    barryjogorman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't have any in the house
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I am a serious chocoholic and if i have even one piece its like i cant stop! i mostly get my chocolate cravings at night before bed. what do y'all do to kick the cravings?
    I am a sugar addict as well.I keep carbs low,cut out all grains and dairy.Dairy and carbs feed the sugar monster!good luck..I am on Day 3 of no sugar and today was the first day I felt tired and cranky,it will be worth it soon
  • Geisha_girl
    Options
    I have the same problem.

Solution:
    1 tbls Cocoa powder
    1 tsp Honey
    1 Mug of Hot water

It satisfies the taste of chocolate in just one cup, is low in calories & doesn't taste too bad. Can also add milk if you like
  • mippy1337
    mippy1337 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cant really kick the cravings, but I have a way to still satisfy those chocolate cravings. Allow yourself a few squares of chocolate in the evening. obviously you may have to sacrafice some calories elsewhere to fit that in, but melt the chocolate. by melting the chocolate it still satisfies the cravings, but by melting it, it lasts so much longer and just tastes so much better. take your time eating it too and enjoy the taste. You can then work on cutting that down until you just have just one square to enjoy in the evening. You may even find that it's too sweet and you get sick of it (thats what happened with me)
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like strawberries, melt a small amount of chocolate, drizzle, eat. Because the strawberrys have bulk, they take longer to eat and you still get your chocolate.

I am a sweet eater, but lately all I can think about is french fries. I just want to stuff my face with an extra large order from McDonald's. The weird thing is that I rarely eat them ever. I am fat because of ice cream, cake, whippy frappy drinks, and chocolate type eating.
  • gem2001
    gem2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate. If you want the chocolate eat it. Just don't eat an entire bag. If you know you can't have it in the house without eating the entire bag, then only bring single servings into the house or freeze it. If you're trying to get away from sugar, think about cocoa nibs and some kind of fruit. I end each night with toased walnuts and a fruit- frozen cherries or banana. I've gut out the yogurt I used to add to it.

I love ice cream, but if I get it, I only buy a single serving because I will eat the whole thing. Instead I each fresh fruit with walnuts. More calories, less processing and it leaves me full.

If you make chocolate off limits, you just increase its appeal.

Also, instead of eating less of anything, try eating more of something. Maybe you should eat something with lots of protein and fat before bed.
  • cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I drink water with lemon and crochet, it keeps my mind and hands busy, if the craving just won't subside 2tlbs organic unsweetened cocoa powder with a teaspoon or two of organic local honey with cocoa nibs in it. seems to do the trick it is a small but quick and easy fix.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    may sound extremist, but abstinence.

Yup, that's sometimes the only thing that breaks a pattern of over-consumption. For things I cannot stop eating, the only way for me to have control is to stop eating them for awhile until I regain control.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I buy Starlight Chocolate-Mint hard candies and have 2 per day. They're 20 cals each, but they do satisfy me as my "chocolate fix".

Chocolate flavored coffee (not frappaccinos)..I mean like regular coffee beans with a hint of chocolate flavor)

*Quality* dark chocolate with 70-80% cocoa is actually good for you (in moderation). I don't like dark chocolate, though.

Sugar-free/Fat-free Chocolate Fudge pudding tastes good (to me) and is low cal (but also full of ingredients I can't pronounce)

Mainly I just stick to the starlight chocolate-mints

In other words...I *don't* kick any of the cravings, I listen to them and I indulge them when I want to. I just don't indulge them by buying a whole bag of Hersheys Miniatures or bake a pan of brownies. I indulge without overindulging. I knew I had to do something that I would be able to do the rest of my life...and that includes having chocolate when I want it. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Boiled sweets because the sugar is heated to very high temps, hence boiled. Think the point was a boiled sweet will last longer.
    My deterrents are:

1: Im focused, so its on my not helpful list.
    2. Im at the phase where im learning about nutrition so I look at all the info and see what I get for my calories.
    3. I then equate it with how much exercise I need to do slogging away on the CV. Chocolate bar or half an hours exercise. I love chocolate, but id rather skip ot to avoid wasting half an hours exercise effort.

With the others though am sure I will just find a compromise, smaller bars, substitute or an alternative.

Am hoping the craving lessens.
  • Watermelon398
    Watermelon398 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I get one of those 80 calorie yogurts and dump in 1/4 cup of granola that has some chocolate in it.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have trigger foods, I can have them but I need to stick to one serving in the house. I used to have sweet cravings when I first started. Iced coffee helps me. As I have progressed these cravings have subsided. I think it's because overall my diet is balanced now.
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    almond milk, stevia, a dash of 100%cacao cocoa (hersheys might work but just a teaspoon, make sure it doesnt have anything but cacao in it) and chia seeds!
    on the fridgee for 15-20 minutes BOOM CHOCOLATE PUDDING!
    sometimes is not about ditching 100% the craving but finding ways to make it work on a healthier way! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!