how does everyone kick the cravings for sweets?

Options

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    the chocolate cravings at night can be hard so I make a cup of hot chocolate. With carnation light hot chocolate mix (or the safeway brand that seems darker) I lots of hot water too it and a splash of milk. It's good, it feels like dessert.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Discipline
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Suck a boiled sweet instead, Im a chocoholic and will eat 2 mini rolls every time i have a cup of tea. I find a boiled sweet does it :)

Um... not to sound dumb, but what is a boiled sweet??

that was my question too...

I found the definition of boiled sweets online. Its just hard candy.

Thanks!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Suck a boiled sweet instead, Im a chocoholic and will eat 2 mini rolls every time i have a cup of tea. I find a boiled sweet does it :)

Yeah...what the heck is a "boiled sweet"?? Hmm....First post. Newbie?
  • KristySnow0729
    KristySnow0729 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chocolate VitaMuffins are yummy and only 100 calories. I also keep Special K chocolate peanut butter protein bars on hand to satisfy the craving. Good luck!
  • ellarainbow
    Options
    I'm just trying to ignore it. I've stopped eating milk chocolate completely for now because I just can't seem to control myself with it - I know if I bought a pack of 100 calorie bars I'd probably snap and eat all of them.
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Yeah...what the heck is a "boiled sweet"?? Hmm....First post. Newbie?

I don't know where the person who posted that comes from, but I'm from the UK and "boiled sweet" is a common term here, so maybe she's a fellow Brit :-)

We refer to "sweets" instead of "candy".
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was talking to a girl at my gym and she stopped eating sweets including fruit cold turkey, and says she hasnt craved them in 3 years. I agree with this a little. if you stop eating them you will crave them less. You need to almost do this cold turkey. My advice is to not deprive yourself though and try to eat less and less.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have always been plagued by horrible cravings for sweets. After I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, the doctor recommended a low carb diet. Ridiculously low. Because of the Hashimotos. I was skeptical about how I was going to handle keeping my carbs that low. When I am trying to lose, I keep between 20 and 50 grams net carbs daily. I can eat 100 net carbs a day if I am maintaining. It sounds horrible but its not bad at all. When I am in ketosis, I don't crave sweets and I don't get hungry as often and am satisfied with less. I let go over the holidays and ate whatever I wanted and I was having huge sugar cravings. I ate TWO tubes of cake icing. Not at the same time, but each one all at once. I ate half a dozen donuts one night. I just wanted so much sugar. I ate like that from mid November to December 25th. The day after Christmas, I went cold turkey.....no sugar. I cut my carbs back to 20 net a day and cleaned up my diet and I went back into ketosis by the 29th. I haven't had a single craving for sugar ever since. I feel great, I'm working out and the holiday chub is coming back off as quickly as it went on.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada, and President's Choice makes a Chocolatey Chai tea that is fantastic. It has the smell of chocolate for sure, and while it doesn't quite taste like chocolate, the bite from the tea and the chocolate smell do it for me.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I don't, it is planned in my daily routine...I know myself and if I try and deny myself I'll binge. So a bit here and there ...planned for..doesn't hurt me.
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hot cocoa...Nestle with mini marshmallows...80 calories; 3 grams of fiber. Great bedtime snack.
  • serenamaki
    Options
    Hi. Abstinence does work. However if you are looking for something sweet and calorie free, try licorice root tea. naturally sweet if you like licorice, that is. I did see a cocoa flavored tea as well, but haven't tried it.
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sugar free dark chocolate jello pudding is a nice treat and is only 60 calories. I find that will help since it is chocolate but I don't feel guilty eating it since it is sugar free. I still eat chocolate, just in moderation and it helps that my husbands hides it so I don't eat all of it at one time.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just don't buy foods that I "can't help myself around." For me, it's ice-cream. I don't buy it and I replace ice-cream with other snacks (my current favorites are fresh fruit and peanut butter). If I really, really, really want ice-cream, I decide that I have to get the very best (which is High Road, for me--expensive and a little expensive). So it becomes a really special treat. I can't spend $8 on a pint of ice-cream, and I won't eat all of it because it's so expensive and I want to make it last. Maybe that mindset will help you?
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale, see the number, and it's instantly like "Oh. Nevermind."
  • fittf0rlife
    Options
    Palm dates! They taste like candy but they're fruits. They are so delicious
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I was just eating a little bit every day until the new year. Now I'm off sweets for 6 weeks to kind of re-set. I've done this lots for Lent and it has worked well. Cold turkey! Eat fruit and make your squash taste like pumpkin pie. Emerald cocoa roast almonds are a great snack in the 100 calorie packs.
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm a chocolohic as well, and I'm not actually kicking any cravings by doing this... but almost every night I have a cup of hot cocoa with soy milk before bed. It fills me up and fulfills the craving for chocolate completely, preventing me from snacking on other stuff for the rest of the night.
  • F_Chord
    F_Chord Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually eat them. That's why I'm still fat U_U
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!