how does everyone kick the cravings for sweets?

Options

Replies

• magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 cal brownies and hot cocoa.
  • silvabelle89
    Options
    I've been screwing up royally with the holidays. But the only time I've ever had success avoiding sweets is when I had vowed to stop eating them all together. The cravings completely stopped! It's tough, but doable. Good luck :)
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    my issue is i NEED chocolate lol

If you can't forgo chocolate, dry dark chocolate, or the kinds with high cocoa %… I understand the chocolate/sweets addiction. I can eat a whole bag of milk-chocolate hershey's kisses before I know it's happened. However, with the dark chocolate, I'm good after a few pieces.
  • Terree_G
    Terree_G Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just say no and go to bed. The less often you give in, the sooner the cravings will ease.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I haven't! I just work it into my calories. More recently I have discovered Swiss Miss Sugar Free Hot Cocoa and this helps A LOT. The carbs and sugars are relatively low. I track both.

Marie
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Honestly before I would buy Hershey kisses and limit myself to only two of them. I can't control myself so if I bring the whole bag to work and put it in my drawer, I eat the whole bag. I have just been bringing a couple in with me. I am currently trying to take control! Good luck.

Also, the 100 calorie packs work great for me.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    drink alittle red wine
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot less chocolate than I used to.

I just have made it a habit to log food just before I eat it...that helps me evaluate whether or not I'm really hungry or if I really want to eat whatever it is I am about to eat. This helps me make healthier choices a lot of the time.

Chewing gum isn't just great for nicotine cravings...it is great for also curbing food cravings.

Sweet potatoes/yams are pretty nice.

But...what really turned me away from chocolate was frozen grapes. Yes, I went from being a chocoholic to a frozen grape addict. Even with the freezing weather, I'll risk my fingers turning into popsicles for my frozen grapes :)
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    I'm just trying to ignore it. I've stopped eating milk chocolate completely for now because I just can't seem to control myself with it - I know if I bought a pack of 100 calorie bars I'd probably snap and eat all of them.

this is totally me!
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I second the VitaTops (I like deep chocolate) and I also like dark chocolate sugar free jello pudding (60 calories.)
  • coachlisahansen
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology - it is so yummy and so good for you! helped me a great deal losing 70 lbs
  • coachlisahansen
    Options
    yum...frozen grapes! I gotta try that
  • coachlisahansen
    Options
    I am the same...I can't keep it in the house! I tell my husband to hide it or throw it out!
  • coachlisahansen
    Options
    I do the same but I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and blend it up cold with stevia and organic raw cocoa first, then heat it up in a pan. It isn't as good but it helps a lot. I can't have my yummy Chocolate Shakeology at night because it gives me too much energy. But that curbs my chocolate cravings quite a bit because I make it thick into a frappe.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny makes a BIG fudge bar that is absolutely delicious and only 90 calories. It is HUGE! Twice the size of most fudge bars.
  • creyes814
    creyes814 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fiber One chocolate brownie - 90 calories or Vitalicious Deep Chocolate or Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin Top for 100 calories!
    Very filling and satisfying! :-)
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    fruit and juicing help me when i want something sweet. when i feel like i NEED chocolate then i remember that's the reason why i have to lose this weight in the first place...b/c i had no self control.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I keep Hershey Kisses in the bottom drawer of my refridgerator- I will ONLY take 1 or 2 at a time .. once I finish letting them melt in my mouth that usually satisfies my craving.. and at 22 calories a piece I can have them without the guilt!

ETA: After writing this I had to go get my 2 kisses :laugh:
  • uscdrj
    uscdrj Posts: 18
    Options
    1 cup Silk light chocolate soy milk mixed with 2 tablespoons PB2 or Tazo Passion tea
  • Bakerj007
    Bakerj007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A boiled sweet is essentially a hard candy ie. life savours, werthers etc. you have to suck them ....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!