Can you go 4 hours without looking at your phone?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Think I am on my smart phone too often, checking msgs, facebook etc. Set my self a goal this morning of going 4 hours without looking. One hour down and it's harder than I thought.....who wants to join me?
    Yep. I have a flip phone that just texts and makes/receives calls and limited internet apps. I got it for the very reason above. I don't want to be a slave to my phone.
    It's so sad when I see a family out at dinner and instead of talking to each other, they are all jacking around with their phones.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Easy, I'm about to get 8 hours of sleep. I win.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Not a chance, I'm a terrible phone addict.
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I even wake up every few hours in the middle of the night and glance at mine... lol
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Think I am on my smart phone too often, checking msgs, facebook etc. Set my self a goal this morning of going 4 hours without looking. One hour down and it's harder than I thought.....who wants to join me?

Wouldn't getting on a computer to send this message an hour into it be roughly the same thing?

does not count as I am at work and I am "working"
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My group of friends does the stack your phone in the middle of the table during dinner. The first one that reaches for it has to buy a round of drinks.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options

Wouldn't getting on a computer to send this message an hour into it be roughly the same thing?

does not count as I am at work and I am "working"

You are on a social media/personal life site. I think it qualifies. Now if you were doing spreadsheets, drafting an office memo or checking work email, etc. I would buy into that more. I smell a redo. ;)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Don't become a slave to technology. Life was so amazing before it became over-saturated with electronic devices.

I have not charged my phone since December 7th, and I don't know when I'll feel like charging it again. It is soooo FREEING!
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    Hahah! Not difficult for me at all. I can't have mine at my job, so that's eight hours of no phone. Then, when I'm home, I don't wanna even mess with it.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    yep, no problem
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    no way, Im addicted to it
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I wish I could then maybe I wouldn't be so damn busy all the time. lol
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think I haven't looked at it in a couple days now... although I have Aspergers
  • soaringlikeaneagle70
    Options
    Best solution of all (for me) - no cell phone. To me, it's like being on a leash.
    i agree
  • Eric38877
    Options
    Hell no
  • Stephen_L
    Stephen_L Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5 days.
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i can go 8 hours without looking at my fone , when im sleeping lol :laugh:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I can definitely do it, but it's not always easy. I know this summer when my family rented a beach house I would go out to the beach in the morning and leave my phone inside and wouldn't even go back to the house until lunch time or later. It was actually extremely relaxing not being tied to it, but I don't think I could live that way all the time, sadly. Half of the time I just check it out of habit boredom though sadly, and not because I really need to use it.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    To be fair and to answer your question--an hour would be hard. The exception to that is if I'm out enjoying water sports, hiking, etc.