What's in your Oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only person that cracks an egg into their oatmeal? I put 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup water, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tbsp stevia in the raw, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract with 1/2 cup rolled oats and microwave it for 5 minutes at 50% power.. then throw an egg in there and stir it up and microwave it until the oatmeal thickens. It basically turns into a gigantic bowl of hot brownie batter. Delicious. Sometimes I add some blueberries, raspberries, cherries, or PB2.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only person that cracks an egg into their oatmeal? I put 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup water, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tbsp stevia in the raw, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract with 1/2 cup rolled oats and microwave it for 5 minutes at 50% power.. then throw an egg in there and stir it up and microwave it until the oatmeal thickens. It basically turns into a gigantic bowl of hot brownie batter. Delicious. Sometimes I add some blueberries, raspberries, cherries, or PB2.

Uh yum!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one said cranberries!
  • sarah6336
    sarah6336 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Oats, unsweetened soy milk, honey, chopped pecans & peanuts, and a little salt.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I use perfect portions maple by quaker.. 1/4 cup mixed with 3/4 cup water -- nuked for 50 seconds...stir in 1 packet of stevia in the raw and a sprinkle of chocolate whey protein powder. YUM! And that keeps me going until like 1pm
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Almond Oatmeal

1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal
    1 tablespoon almond butter
    1/2 fresh squeezed orange (or about 2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice)
    1/4 c. blueberries
    1 tablespoon agave nectar
    dash or two of cinnamon (optional)

Directions:
    Prepare 1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal (or 1/4 cup steel cut oats) with water as stated on package. Add fresh squeezed orange, almond butter, and stir in half of the blueberries and agave nectar. Then top with the rest of agave nectar and blueberries.

347 calories, 57 carbs, 11 fat, 8 protein, 30 sodium
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Reduced fat milk, raspberries, blackberries, and a touch of raspberry honey
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Instead of making mine with water or milk, I use Aldi brand "Fit and Active" sugar free cranberry drink. Then I add 2 oz cashews and 1/4 cup craisins.

If not that, then I make my oatmeal with water, add apples that I've chopped up and microwaved to soften, add 2 oz of some sort of nut, raisins if I have the calories for it, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and some truvia. Its delicious!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter, banana, hemp hearts.
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    So I tried to make mine fancy, and I didn't like it as much! I know, I'm such a weirdo. I just do oatmeal, milk, and a little sugar. Then I eat a banana or something on the side because I just didn't like it in my oatmeal!
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I use the old fashioned oats b/c they have more fiber. Then make it with water, chia seeds, Truvia (Stevia) packet and cinnamon. For a variation, I make peanut butter oatmeal using PB2 instead of the chia seeds.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    old fashioned rolled oats cooked with water.

1 tsp of butter, 1/4 cup skim milk, and two tsp of natural sugar.

For variation I use 1 tbs of maple syrup in place of sugar.

Fruits (when I add them) vary between cranberries, blueberries, or bananas
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    <3 this thread! I have a ton of oats and had no ideas for them other than brown sugar and cinnamon. Thanks for the ideas!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i make it with water, every now and then coconut milk instead.

"apple pie" oatmeal - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 unsweetened apple sauce, cinnamon, stevia packet.

chocolate oatmeal - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder

"pumpkin pie" oatmeal - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin pie spice

oatmeal with maple syrup and a little brown sugar

with cinnamon and blueberries

1 or 2 tbsp pb, maple syrup and stevia
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk and raisins, but baked apples with cinnamon is super yummy, too!
  • nastia19
    nastia19 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love to have it every morning I have a huge plastic cereal container/dispenser of oatmeal.
    I usually have it with 5 dried prunes and half a serving of raw pecans, I just pour boiling water over the oatmeal and it's done.
    It's also good with blueberries and peanut butter, today I had it with sliced banana and pecans.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I like using Bob's mill old fashioned whole rolled oats, cinnamon, water, and sometimes peanut or almond butter. Peanut butter and cinnamon is my favorite. Really rich and creamy!
  • Lalala_Liz
    Lalala_Liz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cooked with water, add honey and banana - my fav!!
  • FiestyIrish
    Options
    1/2 cup Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats
    1 cup light soymilk
    1 tsp brown sugar
    sprinkle cinnamon

I used to do the instant packages, but found out real oatmeal doesn't take long to cook, tastes better and keeps me full longer. I tried putting almonds in for some protein since I eat breakfast after working out, but found I liked them better on the side.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Butter and sugar here too. I just can't eat it no other way. I've tried.