Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member
    totally sporting a 5 inch reduction in my profile picture
  • PapaverSomniferum
    bump ...

have to have someone in your life to "tie you in"
    I really should stop replying to this thread. But I've literally NEVER had anyone tie me in, I do it myself. I've never had a boyfriend who knew how anyway. Apparently it's too confusing for them.

I dont think my arms are long enough ! lol

gotta do it like your industrious great great grandmothers and just loop the strings over the door knobs or bed posts
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Before children I had a 36-20-36 waist. I would DEFINITELY like to have it back since that was without a corset and natural for me. Yes, I do plan to corset train when I get to a much lower weight if my waist is still stretched out.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    I really don't see the appeal, I like being able to breathe.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Why would anyone do this? Personally I don't like the look. Also I can't imagine walking around all day long in something as uncomfortable as a corset. The boning alone makes me want to cry.
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Coming from the depths of the NYC fetish scene, I had an absolute fascination for true corsets (none of that Victoria's Secret/Frederick's of Hollywood crap). I also went to school to study fashion and took corsetry courses.

Depending on an individual's body type, the amount you can cinch down for the casual corset wearer is generally 2-4". I used to go down anywhere from 3-5" depending on the event I was attending and what stretch of training time I was in. I would really tighten down for photoshoots and maybe an 1/2-1" less during parties where I would be dancing and making my rounds at the venue.

P.S. It makes for great breath control during kinkier times ;)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I think corsets are hot, but squishing organs is gross. So, corseting in moderation.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    A pair of pants that's slightly too tight gives me horrible cramps. No way, no how.

But then I'm a natural hourglass. And I like my bones and organs in their natural places.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    it's something i'd like to get into, but i just don't know where to start. i had a corset from timeless trends (but i got too small for it and gave it away), but it didn't seem like a "serious" corset , i'd just wear it when i was being fancy. it was not incredibly expensive -- that's a lot of it, for me, i don't have the funds to drop several hundred dollars on something custom-made :(
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    While I do love a beautifully fitting corset like this:

corset.jpg

corset recomposition always makes me think of this, which just looks taxing on the body:

CorsetComp.jpg
  • PapaverSomniferum

breathing is overrated
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    We're all here working for our ideal body's right?

Not totally - people are also trying to get healthy. I have no issues with body modification as a concept, or wearing corsets - but extreme corsetting is potentially damaging to your health.

I'm here to be the best I can be physically. Has little to do with looks but how my body performs. Corsetting isn't gonna make a 40-yr old run circles around 20 year olds like I can so I'll pass. I train my abs to look great without modification. I don't get it personally but to each their own. Although if you wanna do something to damage your health, cigarettes, drugs, EDs, excessive drinking can do it better and is probably not as uncomfortable! lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    The first 3 pics just looks like the lady is wearing proper underwear...

...that last picture just doesn't look right.....looks...weird.
    Also the first 3 pictures are from the 30's and do not depict a corset. The 3rd picture is obviously edited.
    Incorrect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tightlacing

447px-Corset_16inch.jpg
    I love an hourglass figure, but that looks cartoonish and awful. If I thought any part of that was her natural body, I would never criticize. But I can't imagine hating myself enough to do that to myself on purpose.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    corset recomposition always makes me think of this, which just looks taxing on the body:

CorsetComp.jpg

I don't see how that can be good in the least. I foresee lots of issues from this type of thing. If our internal organs were supposed to be squished together like that they would be.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member

breathing is overrated

I often have to wear a corset for work - I'm an opera singer, and that involves a LOT of breathing! As long as one is sensible about it, breathing should absolutely not be a problem :smile:
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    I love my corsets. Sadly, I only have two that still fit, but when I was in my old custom made Edwardian, I could tighten up to 6 inches off. Great for your posture, wonderful back support. As for breathing, you get used to it. And then, you have the bodice-gasm when it comes off and you can draw those deep, wonderful breaths...
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    I'm a corset fan. I own a couple leather ones but I don't wear them often. I prefer the cloth ones because leather doesn't breath but they sure are beautiful. I almost bought an underbust one over Christmas but decided against it. I think corsets are gorgeous if not taken to the extreme.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    The first 3 pics just looks like the lady is wearing proper underwear...

...that last picture just doesn't look right.....looks...weird.
    Also the first 3 pictures are from the 30's and do not depict a corset. The 3rd picture is obviously edited.
    Incorrect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tightlacing

447px-Corset_16inch.jpg
    I love an hourglass figure, but that looks cartoonish and awful. If I thought any part of that was her natural body, I would never criticize. But I can't imagine hating myself enough to do that to myself on purpose.

I call photoshop. There isn't nearly enough boning in that bodice to draw her in that much.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    bump
  • PapaverSomniferum
    I'd really like to see some of the "corsets are so unhealthy" people post some scientific studies about the unhealthiness of corsets,

maybe some peer-reviewed cases where internal organs are shifted and damaged?

Or some that illustrate how corsets shift internal organs more than pregnancy does?

anyways, I'm a natural apple shape, even at a healthy weight (which I am). It's lovely to wear a corset and have a waist.