Tight Lacing/ Waist Training/ Corseting

Replies

• Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    I think it's rather interesting...not so sure about it though for myself lol
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    corset recomposition always makes me think of this, which just looks taxing on the body:

CorsetComp.jpg

I don't see how that can be good in the least. I foresee lots of issues from this type of thing. If our internal organs were supposed to be squished together like that they would be.

Women have been wearing corsets for thousands of years. In fact, until recently, like the 20th century, they were the norm.

If you don't like it, don't do it!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    I want to know how many of the corset haters wear 4"+ stiletto or platform heels.

♥ my corsets!

What does that have to do with anything? I love my 6" platform heels and find them to be extremely comfortable.

I never said I hated corsets I said I personally don't understand the whole training thing and find them to not be comfortable on me because I don't like the boning and any garment that limits my range of motion.

ETA my quote:
    Why would anyone do this? Personally I don't like the look. Also I can't imagine walking around all day long in something as uncomfortable as a corset. The boning alone makes me want to cry.

i think she means you're being judgmental towards people who enjoy corsets, when in fact you also take part in body modifications. and your previous "remove 2 ribs" comment was just rude, especially when you've already expressed your opinion.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Does anyone else out there tight lace or have thought about getting into it?

I'd love to hear your opinions too.

From the pictures and comments, it is not something I have the least bit of interest in.

I am puzzled by the defensiveness of some responses here to people who don't get into corseting. The original post asked more than once for others' opinions. I would assume that to mean those that agree and those that do not.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    What a fascinating topic. Never knew such a thing as corseting still existed - other than spanx. :laugh: I think corsets are beautiful and will now look into buying one.

Thank you OP for bringing this to light. :happy:
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Instead of using a corset why not just get your last two ribs removed? That would be a lot less work!

Marilyn Manson did that but I'm sure most people don't have the $$$ to drop on that surgery. Besides, he did it for "other" reasons.. lol
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member
    Instead of using a corset why not just get your last two ribs removed? That would be a lot less work!

Marilyn Manson did that but I'm sure most people don't have the $$$ to drop on that surgery. Besides, he did it for "other" reasons.. lol

besides, If I had plastic surgery money, I'd probably blow it all just to fix my face.

Corsets are much more affordable + no recovery time + super sexy.
  • l4rest50
    l4rest50 Posts: 7 Member
    bump
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member

YOU are super sexy :love:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member
    :smooched:

YOU are super sexy :love:

:flowerforyou:
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    The most popular reason for corsets: they're just gorgeous.

Form over function. Simple as that.

(Not talking about the medical type.. that's a whole other discussion ;) )
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    And just cause, this is my favorite corset I've ever owned. Custom made by Electra Designs, unfortunately too big for me now. I had it made when I was caring for my mother as she was dying of cancer. I needed something frivolous.
    fragfront.jpg

This one is very beautiful. I've never tried a corset, not much interest really... but they do look pretty/sexy.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Sp_US_38_BA1x_zps7f4df66b.jpg

Hello MFP world! This topic is in the fun and games section but I'm sincerely curious about what y'all have to say. I love body modification, but outside of the more common piercing and tattoos, I love corset training (though I do it pretty darn recreationally, reducing my natural waist 3 inches or so). I'm considering getting more serious about it as I lose weight - working on a better hour glass figure and I slim down.
    Does anyone else out there tight lace or have thought about getting into it?

I know there is some controversy on the topic - as there is around a lot of body mod. and I'd love to hear your opinions too. There is some really interesting research out there about the effects it can have on your body - especially if you become an extremist.

And, if anyone is wondering, I don't do it to fit someone else's ideal body - but because I really love, adore, am floored by the way it makes me look. It makes me feel amazing! We're all here working for our ideal body's right?

Tight-Lacing-Corset_zpsb4c4e244.jpg

Photoshopping FTW.
  • ellabelle0310
    ellabelle0310 Posts: 92 Member
    I love love LOVE corseting! My circle of friends is...*ahem* rather alternative, and we see some of the most spectacular corsets at our events. I used to have a gorgeous steel bone that I wore for a 4" cinch, but thanks to my "fluffiness" I haven't worn one in quite some time. As soon as I get this weight off, I want to start reinvesting in them.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    I find the look very sexy, but not so much the extreme tightening.
    I'd never been able to wear one due to boobie spillage, but now I may try one just to see how it goes =)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    I want to know how many of the corset haters wear 4"+ stiletto or platform heels.

♥ my corsets!

What does that have to do with anything? I love my 6" platform heels and find them to be extremely comfortable.

I never said I hated corsets I said I personally don't understand the whole training thing and find them to not be comfortable on me because I don't like the boning and any garment that limits my range of motion.

ETA my quote:
    Why would anyone do this? Personally I don't like the look. Also I can't imagine walking around all day long in something as uncomfortable as a corset. The boning alone makes me want to cry.

i think she means you're being judgmental towards people who enjoy corsets, when in fact you also take part in body modifications. and your previous "remove 2 ribs" comment was just rude, especially when you've already expressed your opinion.

thank-you chancellork!

@Jennie, the same can be said about platform heels. People (myself included) enjoy wearing corsets, and find them comfortable. They take 'training' just like wearing platform or stiletto heels.

If you would like to start a discussion about surgeries for fashion, feel free to, because women have been known to remove or shorten toes just to wear a pair of heels: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/11/20/tiletto-surgery-removes-pinky-toe-for-better-fit/
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    I've done minimal research on the topic because it's not something that I intend on doing, but I do find it interesting (and in many cases, beautiful) to look at. More power to those who do it and enjoy it.
    If the person doing it is happy, there is no body modification that is really ugly unless it is done improperly.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    [/quote]
    No, I am correct. The pictures are from the 30's and depict a girdle, not a corset. I've gone to school for this, I've done my research. I actually had a very popular website on the history of corsets long before wikipedia was around.

Edited out the photo which doesn't really seem to belong.
    [/quote]

They have a school for this? :huh:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member

♥ my corsets!

ETA my quote:

What? You got all that from my post?

Where am I being judgmental to people who wear corsets? I couldn't care less if someone wears a corset. And I was obviously being sarcastic in my rib comment. Give me a friggen break.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member

♥ my corsets!

ETA my quote:

thank-you chancellork!

@Jennie, the same can be said about platform heels. People (myself included) enjoy wearing corsets, and find them comfortable. They take 'training' just like wearing platform or stiletto heels.

If you would like to start a discussion about surgeries for fashion, feel free to, because women have been known to remove or shorten toes just to wear a pair of heels: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/11/20/tiletto-surgery-removes-pinky-toe-for-better-fit/

They have also been known to lengthen their legs an extra couple of inches to be taller.

I am not judging anyone for their use of corsets I clearly stated that they are not for me. How is that judging?