I shot the sheriff (smoking pot/fitness, can you do it?)

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    But I did not shoot the deputy.

So quick survey on what you guys think about smoking the greenage and fitness. Surely it must be better for your weight than drinking but hell on lungs.

What's your opinion?
    Doesn't it make you hungry and lazy?

I don't know first-hand, but that's the rumor.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    i smoke weed every day of my life. and as of today, i have lost 40 lbs in less than 3 months. :)

But it certainly isn't addictive, right? I mean, nothing addictive about it at all...at least that's what I've heard others say about it.

It's addictive to people with addictive tendencies. Just like alcohol is addictive to people with alcoholic tendencies. And yet that's still legal.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Let's smoke some weed and go to the gym! -No one ever

lollolololol
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options

So quick survey on what you guys think about smoking the greenage and fitness. Surely it must be better for your weight than drinking but hell on lungs.

What's your opinion?

There is a lot of hungry and lazy people who have never once touched the stuff
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I very very very rarely smoke, but when I did I couldn't sit still (which is basically the opposite of a lot of other people). Last time I was camping and had to go play on a playground until the crazy wore off. Then I ate smores. So...

I'd say it probably won't help most people with their weight loss and fitness goals. Any smoke in the lungs is unhealthy.
  • TaraKathleen5
    TaraKathleen5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think only in moderation. When me and hubby had a nightly routine we gained liked 10lbs and were sooo groggy. I say once a month.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    IMO I dont agree with the green crap at all.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    i smoke weed every day of my life. and as of today, i have lost 40 lbs in less than 3 months. :)

But it certainly isn't addictive, right? I mean, nothing addictive about it at all...at least that's what I've heard others say about it.

That, and "dude, I think, like, yeah, it should totally be legalized and stuff, because, like, you know, totally for the medicinal properties and stuff, man." (A paraphrase, but disturbingly close to the actual quote, of one of many phone calls I heard on the radio where they were discussing legalization.)

not that this is relevant to the original post, but i think addiction is a mental issue, and lots of people are mentally weak. i have absolutely no problem doing what i want when i want and then not doing it again for days, weeks, months, years. but i know not everyone is like that. what i'm trying to say is the substances aren't addictive...the people are.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

What's your opinion?

There is a lot of hungry and lazy people who have never once touched the stuff

Spot on!! :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You're a single mother smoking pot every day?

Nice. Real nice. And I'm not saying that to be judgy. I know of what I speak. You need to cut it out.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

It's addictive to people with addictive tendencies. Just like alcohol is addictive to people with alcoholic tendencies. And yet that's still legal.

and those people that are addicted, well its really just a habit, there is no withdrawl when you stop weed. its not like being an alcoholic or a drug addict.

trust me, i've stopped smoking a few times. there was no dt's no withdrawl, i just stopped, i had to break the habit, but that was it.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I skip rather than walk when high. And laughing until you cry is quite an ab workout. Do they count as extra calories burned? Although I can only partake in cake form. Smoking makes me vom. Possibly not the best healthy lifestyle tip ever...
  • napkinpoem
    Options
    Munchies :/
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

That, and "dude, I think, like, yeah, it should totally be legalized and stuff, because, like, you know, totally for the medicinal properties and stuff, man." (A paraphrase, but disturbingly close to the actual quote, of one of many phone calls I heard on the radio where they were discussing legalization.)

Well that's unnecessary. The question was about how well fitness and pot smoking work together, not your personal opinions on whether pot is addictive or your judgmental BS. Let's cut out the "pot smokers are losers" comments, please? Be civil, yes?

I don't smoke green because I generally become a spaced out blob when I'm smoking. I can't do anything. And boy did I try (wake and baking my 8 am class was one of my worst decisions ever). Fitness and smoking wouldn't work out for me. But that's not to say that it doesn't work for other people.

The lovely thing about drugs is that they have completely different effects for different people. Pot especially. Some get munchies, some don't. Some are anti-social weirdos (me) on pot and some are quite outgoing. It all depends. A person's ability to eat well and be fit also fall under this "depends on the person" umbrella.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

Nice. Real nice. And I'm not saying that to be judgy. I know of what I speak. You need to cut it out.

Judgy Judgersons are judging it up all over this post!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Yes you are being 'judgy'. Who are you to tell her how to run her life? What's being a single mum got to do with anything?

Go and sort yourself out, good luck.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Every acquainted person I know smokes weed has a major streak of loser.
    It could be isolated in this community.
    I suppose it can make a guy feel good and all, but again, all I ever had to do was look at a dope smoker, and that's all it took.
    Count me OUT!

not every "dope" smoker is a loser. i know a lot of people who are upstanding citzens, hold down jobs, give back to society. they just like to relax at the end of the day. its better than drinking a few beers. weed doesnt do a lot of harm, and it does a lot of good. of the people i know, in my community, most use it for medicinal reasons. i use for medicinal reason, and i use to relax and have a good time. i'm not a loser.

It's very boring and annoyiing to keep hearing people that smoke weed are losers, what a load of BS.
    WHEW!
    What a relief this is.
    Toke up...and ENJOY!
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I can say from personal experience that I have never struggled with munchies while high. Usually I get very silly and laugh a lot. Which can be a work out in of itself. Back in the day some of us would work out for an hour and then go smoke afterwards.

To each their own.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    This is surely about to get good.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

You "know of what you speak" but you also just said

Sure sounds like you know of what you speak...with no first hand knowledge of the drug and lots of unnecessary stereotypes. Jeez, lady. You're a real piece of work.
This discussion has been closed.