I shot the sheriff (smoking pot/fitness, can you do it?)

Options

Replies

• Mudhead13
    Mudhead13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well what about the rapid heartbeat after smoking pot? Won't that affect the ability of the heart to raise the number of beats to the level desired during the workout?
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I mean I never smoked it myself.

I'm not going to post things on here that shouldn't be aired so publicly, but I'll just say do whatever the hell you want until you have a child who depends on you. Smoking pot every day as a single mother is a terrible, horrible thing. Her child will be the one who pays for it in the end.

As for the hungry and lazy thing, do you also take offense to Cheech and Chong movies? That '70s Show? Pretty much every pop culture reference, not to mention that people who do smoke it themselves will tell you this is the outcome of the experience?

Do you know this woman? Do you know when or where she decides to smoke? Or how high she gets or even what kind of levels there are to smoking (you who has no knowledge of the drug)? Do you have complete moral authority and complete knowledge of motherhood because you may have popped a kid out of your own vagina? No? Then stop making unnecessary and rude judgement calls.

And we call that HUMOR. Those are comedy shows making humorous depictions of pot smoking. It's a joke...get it? Are you really so gullible that you take everything you see on tv as reality?
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i smoke weed every day of my life. and as of today, i have lost 40 lbs in less than 3 months. :)
    You're a single mother smoking pot every day?

Nice. Real nice. And I'm not saying that to be judgy. I know of what I speak. You need to cut it out.

Yes you are being 'judgy'. Who are you to tell her how to run her life? What's being a single mum got to do with anything?

Go and sort yourself out, good luck.
    Did you grow up the child of someone who smoked pot daily?

i did, and all their friends smoked, it was never a problem. they took good care of us kids, and we learned early what it was all about. all the kids i grew up with smoke weed in some fasion, we're all upstanding citizens. we have a good time and know how to chill out. the good weed does far out weighs the bad. in my opinion.
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I used to be a heavy smoker but if I smoke, I get munchies like crazy. I've cut down but I've not cut it out of my life, I smoke perhaps once a week or so, and the majority of my friends and my boyfriend all smoke. 4:20 baby.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    i smoke weed every day of my life. and as of today, i have lost 40 lbs in less than 3 months. :)

Nice. Real nice. And I'm not saying that to be judgy. I know of what I speak. You need to cut it out.

Yes you are being 'judgy'. Who are you to tell her how to run her life? What's being a single mum got to do with anything?

Did you grow up in solitary confinement?
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    I love threads like this because I can see who all the other heads are around here.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    "She" isn't saying that at all, otherwise I would have written that!
    Try again.
    Let's all just mellow out....:smokin:
  • indisguise
    Options
    Meh, I partake from time to time when it's offered and it hasn't hindered my fitness.

^ This. Me too.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love threads like this because I can see who all the other heads are around here.
    Bwahahahaha!
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    I see nutters :wink:
  • Emma_Problema
    Options

(And I'm glad you were not a role model to my teenage daughter.)

Oh wow. I didn't see that edit. Real nice for someone old enough to have a teenage daughter. You don't know me or what I do and you decided to pull something from my profile to make a dig at me. Thanks. Like I said, piece of work.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Based on an informal survey of recent posts on a certain fitness-oriented forum, regular marijuana usage has been shown to make people incredibly defensive.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    "She" isn't saying that at all, otherwise I would have written that!
    Try again.
    Let's all just mellow out....:smokin:

But you keep telling me to "Keep punching" : )
  • Emma_Problema
    Options

Did you grow up in solitary confinement?

*SNORT*
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was actually 240lbs before I STARTED smoking weed
    Ive been smoking weed almost everyday now for the past 5 years (B.C. BABY!!!!)

I <3 My RooR

Anyone can go look at my transformation lol speaks for itself.

If your gonna be a lazy pig, your going to be a lazy pig.
    Its called Self control.

I thank weed for alot of things. mentally, emotionally and physically

However, everybody is different. !!!
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Based on an informal survey of recent posts on a certain fitness-oriented forum, regular marijuana usage has been shown to make people incredibly defensive.

Officially dying of laughter.

but, not for the reason you're thinking.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I see nutters :wink:

And I see this
    dnhfli.jpg

Although it might not be real, I cant be sure because dude, I'm SO...nevermind
  • av0cad0
    av0cad0 Posts: 20
    Options
    I do it daily & it has no negative effect on my fitness. I don't even get the munchies! Everyone's different :) I make sure I work out before smoking no matter what though unless I plan on not exercising that day.

The experience is what you make it. If you choose to sit & eat everything in sight then that's all you & self control! If you do something like smoke, then get up & do something productive like clean / go outside / etc then you're definitely making the best of the high. BTW if you eat the high goes away faster anyway so ..
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    Personally I don't think it affects anything unless you aren't responsible with it, same as anything else
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Aww cute, you took my survey idea to make a funny post...if you smoked weed you too could have an imagination.
This discussion has been closed.