The most polite insult you've recieved? redone

Options
Maidofmer
Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
I seen that someone posted something like this 4-5 months ago, and it made me laugh. So, what's the most polite insult you've received?

For me, you carry your weight well. My mother in law keeps getting me clothes, even though I've asked her not to cause I get depressed about it, "These are too big for me, but they'll fit you."

and, even if a guy is trying to be polite, this happened last week at work. "Excuse me Ma'am." Do I look like I am old enough to be called Ma'am?!

few of mine, what's yours?

Replies

• gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Your starting to look like other people do now!

Err yeah I know I was heavy but really, a different kind of human?!

He meant It well, I just laughed when everyone else's jaws dropped open. First time he had seen me in a dress in years. He still apologises for it now!
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    he should! my jaw dropped too lol
  • gel91
    Options
    If it was anyone else I would of be fuming, but luckily I know him very well & he always does this, alot! (Not with me I'm
    Happy to say!) His brain doesn't register what his mouth is about to say!
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    haha you should have said, and with a little work, you'd look less like an *kitten*
  • gel91
    Options
    Haha, ill remember that just incase he or anyone else is stupid enough to do it again!
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    From a teacher YEARS ago, after I won the 100 metre race...
    *Looks me up and down* "Funny, you don't LOOK like a runner."
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    haha . another one I thought of that my step dad used to joke with.What kind of shampoo do people with no neck buy? head and shoulders.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    "Oh stop. You haven't put on THAT MUCH weight."

Stop it, you charmer you.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I think you would be great on the biggest loser
  • jill_reid
    Options
    when i tried on my bridesmaid dress for the first time my dad said "wow it makes your head look small!"
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    The cab driver once asked me "How many kids do you have?" Err I'm still single without a child, do I look like I have kids? :grumble:
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Mine would be ''you look like that moviestar'' been all giddy and happy at that compliment it follows with a ''yeah that guy from superbad, Jonah Hill'' and my smile turns upside down lol....(dont get compared to him no more but It was a regular thing a year or 2 ago lol)
  • mnmoon
    mnmoon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I moved to the south from the midwest about a year ago. Shortly after getting here, I realized "Bless your heart" is not something that people say when they are being nice here. Or, the other one was from a friend saying " you weigh as much as I do? I wonder why you look so much bigger than me?" smh.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    *after seeing my before pictures*

"Wow.... You've changed so much and you look so fantastic now that I can't believe you looked like THAT before."

It wouldn't have even been an insult until the THAT.
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    From my mother-in-law. 1st time I ever met her, she said to my hubby in front of me "when did you go to FL and get the beach whale." I cursed her out!
    A few months ago she said: "Your starting to look like a baby beach whale now, keep it up."

Old *kitten* germany woman. LOL
  • victorialkay
    Options
    I seen that someone posted something like this 4-5 months ago, and it made me laugh. So, what's the most polite insult you've received?

For me, you carry your weight well. My mother in law keeps getting me clothes, even though I've asked her not to cause I get depressed about it, "These are too big for me, but they'll fit you."

and, even if a guy is trying to be polite, this happened last week at work. "Excuse me Ma'am." Do I look like I am old enough to be called Ma'am?!

few of mine, what's yours?

Oh i always get the "You carry your weight well" 1 and this one time this guy approached me in a bar and said you're really fit for a fat girl, I said "Ok"?? He was like I usually don't go for big girls but i fancy you. Errrmmm, no!! LOl!!
  • mnmoon
    mnmoon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    From my mother-in-law. 1st time I ever met her, she said to my hubby in front of me "when did you go to FL and get the beach whale." I cursed her out!
    A few months ago she said: "Your starting to look like a baby beach whale now, keep it up."

Holy moly!! Who says that to another person?!? Wow...That is shocking to me! Good for you for standing up to her!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I remember a long time ago my car broke down and the driver had to take me and the car to a service station.. He asked what I was studying for and I told him I wanted to be a singer. He looked shocked and told me I wasn't pretty enough to do that for a living.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Mine actually isn't weight related, but work related ...

I worked at a law firm that was a "boys' club" (my personality DID NOT fit). I was working with a client defending a $26 million dollar claim, having only worked at this firm for about 7 months and assigned this case about a month into my employment. 6 weeks before trial, the head partner got involved and had a conference call with said client. Apparently, client raved about me because afterwards, I was called into his office so he could tell me "[client] really likes you. I don't know why, but she does."

I think I got him back - twice. He called me into his office another time to tell me "you just don't get how I like things." A discussion ensued about the lack of "how he likes things" training, and he ended by saying "well, the only person who ever got me is dead." My response "I'm sorry sir. I'm good, but I can't channel the dead."

A month later I switched sides and went to work for the most feared female attorney in the state - and his arch-enemy :devil: :happy:
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options

Holy moly!! Who says that to another person?!? Wow...That is shocking to me! Good for you for standing up to her!!

It was rough the first few months. But what she nor me realized. I was pregnant with my daughter. I was with my hubby for a while before I met her because she thought I was "after her money" like my hubbys ex. So she didnt want to met me... LOL

She loves me to death now =)