The most polite insult you've recieved? redone

Options

Replies

• lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I went to a yard sale, where I asked the lady running it, if she had any furniture for sale, she showed me two end tables and then steered me over to a clothes table and said " I have some really nice clothes here that would fit you, cause I used to be fat like you too". She proceeded to tell me that she lost all here weight by drinking green tea. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything at her sale, but I did go to the grocery store to buy some green tea! lol
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I seen that someone posted something like this 4-5 months ago, and it made me laugh. So, what's the most polite insult you've received?

For me, you carry your weight well. My mother in law keeps getting me clothes, even though I've asked her not to cause I get depressed about it, "These are too big for me, but they'll fit you."

and, even if a guy is trying to be polite, this happened last week at work. "Excuse me Ma'am." Do I look like I am old enough to be called Ma'am?!

few of mine, what's yours?

I get Ma'am on a regular basis...have been for years and I am still in my 30s :(

I'm not sure if I should be insulted or not...I'm thinking not...Last week I was chatting with the fitness monitor at the gym ( who is like 70) and I showed him a picture of me pre-kids--20yo, 135lbs, 38-26-36 measurements--and he said "don't take this the wrong way, but I think you have a better shape now". I am taking that as he prefers the shape of a more mature woman--the softening of the curves that takes place once you have carried a child.

I think I am more hurt, and sort of insulted, that people have not made comments about my obviously losing weight. In December I saw my inlaws for the first time in MONTHS, and no one said a thing!
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    "I'm sorry sir. I'm good, but I can't channel the dead."

hahaha
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    When I joined a gym 2 years ago, I didn't know what anything was. (had blonde hair at the time) so I went to the ellipticals, no one was on them with the trainer, giving me a tour, and I asked him what it was and what they do (area of the body they work out) and he laughed. I apparently didn't get the joke and he says,

"it's ok, after all, you are a natural blonde right?"

I asked him if he ever heard the one time the blonde got the douche bag fired.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    "Congratulations on dating a white guy"

Had nothing to do with my weight, but I was all kinds of WTF!
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    "Congratulations on dating a white guy"

Had nothing to do with my weight, but I was all kinds of WTF!

I get the :O face when people realize my kids are white.

I do the WTF too! LOL people are so quick to judge and sterotype!
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    A former co-worker who saw my college graduation picture and said you USED to be so pretty. I thought to myself, well what the hell am I now??
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Probably the "explicit, specific insult" followed with "and have a blessed day!"
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    haha . another one I thought of that my step dad used to joke with.What kind of shampoo do people with no neck buy? head and shoulders.

*ouch*
  • Reeny1_8
    Options
    From my mother-in-law. 1st time I ever met her, she said to my hubby in front of me "when did you go to FL and get the beach whale." I cursed her out!
    A few months ago she said: "Your starting to look like a baby beach whale now, keep it up."

Old *kitten* germany woman. LOL
    [/quote

My jaw just hit the floor!
  • Reeny1_8
    Options
    Mine actually isn't weight related, but work related ...

I worked at a law firm that was a "boys' club" (my personality DID NOT fit). I was working with a client defending a $26 million dollar claim, having only worked at this firm for about 7 months and assigned this case about a month into my employment. 6 weeks before trial, the head partner got involved and had a conference call with said client. Apparently, client raved about me because afterwards, I was called into his office so he could tell me "[client] really likes you. I don't know why, but she does."

I think I got him back - twice. He called me into his office another time to tell me "you just don't get how I like things." A discussion ensued about the lack of "how he likes things" training, and he ended by saying "well, the only person who ever got me is dead." My response "I'm sorry sir. I'm good, but I can't channel the dead."

A month later I switched sides and went to work for the most feared female attorney in the state - and his arch-enemy :devil: :happy:

Applauds!!! What an *kitten*!
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Weight-related: A few years ago, a guy was complimenting me on my attractiveness. He finished off by saying "I've got a thing for larger ladies". I was fatorexic at the time so that comment really hit home!

Not weight-related: It was my turn to ferry the relatives around this Christmas. As I dropped my aunt off, she got out of the car, turned round and said "That was a wonderful drive. You've definitely improved!" (She's known for foot-in-mouth syndrome.)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The cab driver once asked me "How many kids do you have?" Err I'm still single without a child, do I look like I have kids? :grumble:

I had a customer ask me if my co-worker was my son.... We're the same age.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    "You're so lucky the professor doesn't know when you're sleeping and when you're awake!"
    Haha I wasn't even mad the girl who told me that says stupid funny stuff all the time.
  • Subowski
    Options
    My mother told me on my last visit, looking me up and down, that I "Didn't look VERY fat."

Years ago my obnoxious brother made a rude remark about my larger friend's weight, and I retorted that after ditching her *rse of a cheating husband and finding herself a new man, she was more relaxed about her weight and happy just as she is. He said, "Yeah she's massive. No wonder you two get along."

After I lost 30 lbs or so a few years back, I visited my father who kept looking me up and down, beaming ghoulishly at me and repeating that I looked "very lissom". After the 3rd time I asked him what that even meant, and he said "Er....slim." I only mention it because this is the man who could find nothing to say to me after a year of virtual non-contact, other than to congratulate me on my lovely hair.
  • Subowski
    Options
    "You're so lucky the professor doesn't know when you're sleeping and when you're awake!"
    Haha I wasn't even mad the girl who told me that says stupid funny stuff all the time.

OMG I only just got that. How terrible, lucky you weren't offended!!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i get,

"you're so eccentric!"

a lot. That phrase is almost always uttered by people who would rather say, "you're weird, i hate you", but they're trying to make it sound positive.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I get called manwhore a lot :laugh:
  • kellykelz86
    kellykelz86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    "You should be a plus sized model"... Was one I received from a guy at a bar one night. Lol
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My mom told me once that I "fall gracefully". I'm super clumsy, so she's seen me fall a time or two.