Tried and Tired I GIVE UP

Options
I was doing so well..but then the holidays came and I stop logging. This party and that party kept telling myself ""I 'll start over tomorrow " tomorrow always came and went. I've lost my way,lost my will and my drive with not a one single soul to say Hey mom stay focused or hey hunni you're looking great. I've tried and I'm so tired, maybe this is how God wants me to be.

Replies

• Hayden1979
    Hayden1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel this way too, it's always been a struggle. To lose it, to maintain it, & then I let it go for a while & all comes right back. I've been trying to quit being so hard on myself. To love myself at every weight along the way. I feel so much better when I'm smaller, look so much better, carry myself with so much more confidence. It's hard to ever really give up when I know where I've been before!! So I fall off the wagon, get back on, bust my *kitten*, try some more, & just keep on keepin' on. I mean what's the alternative, living life less then my full potential....what fun is that......
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Well, if there is a god isn't the premise given is that we have free will? So it's not a case of god wanting you to be fat or god making you be fat. It's a case of you choosing to be this way. You really do have a say in this. You really do control your own behavior. Your life is not pre-ordained. You have the power and the choice to direct your own life.

You lost your way, ok, so you messed up. Unless you have a time machine you cannot go back and change what you did over the holidays, so keep it in the past. Move forward, starting today! You can do this! Be unwilling to accept defeat. Accept and embrace change. Be willing to change.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The choice is yours. I you want to be unfit, unhealthy, and miserable? Saying as you have that 'maybe this is how God wants me to be' is false. The holidays hist many people hard, but are you going to let a few weeks dictate what it took you months to achieve? I realize that this is easier said than done, but you have to change your thinking. Let your setbacks set you up for your comeback. I had a moment this morning where I had to admit to myself that I slacked for the last two months and that isn't who I am and I will not accept mediocrity. I truly wish you the best!
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that the holidays are over, but I will not give up trying. No one ever said that life was easy.... and sometimes we are our worst enemy. I have not seen any member of my family since Aug. (they all live out of state ) so I know it's hard, but are you trying to get health for them or yourself ??? I get down on myself too because even though I had lost 30 lbs before join MFP I have not lost anything in almost 4 weeks. I have to say to myself yea I didn't gain either. I know if I don't journal every day I forget things I have eaten that day, like the piece of Weight Watches candy I put in my mouth going out the door, or the handful of grapes I grabbed after the gym.

I truly believe we need to make ourselves accountable for everything we put in our mouths so PLEASE start again and try to drink lots of water,,,,YOU WILL SUCCEED !!!! Feel free to add me to your friend's list. :love:
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have lost 14 pounds that is awesome and that is 14 pounds more then I have lost. Holiday's are always that way, that is why I don't freak out over them. Just plan on eating. Hit the diet hard before and afterwards. You will do great. I am new to this and if you want that extra support you are more then welcomed to be friends with me. Good luck!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    NEVER stop trying :smile:

Get a good bunch of supportive MFP friends around you, look outward from yourself and be active in supporting them too.

Log honestly, even when you have a bad day.
    Set a realistic calorie deficit
    Make sure you give the correct activity when doing your figures

You do not have to starve yourself to lose weight. This is not a quick fix, it is a lifestye change and you wil have good days and you will have bad days......just keep going and it will become your new normal.....
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You brought up some wonderful points and the holiday's are hard. We just need to keep encouraging one another. This weight gain didn't happen over night and it will take time to get it off, but we can do this
  • lshultheis
    Options
    Dont give up its never to late and even if nobody else notices its for you and your health not them. Keep your head up every day is a new day. I'm starting over again as well, but this time I'm doing this for me and not because someone tells me I should.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's nice to have someone say hey, get going, you've got this but when it comes down to it, YOU are your biggest cheerleader! YOU have to want to do this for yourself! All of us on MFP are here to support but we are behind a computer screen. Make yourself feel good and move forward! We all have setbacks! Put it behind you and start a new day! It is possible and when you finally reach that goal, you'll look back and say What was I thinking when I wanted to give up!
  • sandra152
    Options
    My OH says I am obsessed with this diet always logging everything I eat but i cant seem to stop myself I t getting so it's no fun anymore having to watch what i eat all the time .
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    If you'd really given up you wouldn't still be here. Make the decision to re-start and just do it :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Never give up.
  • sandra152
    Options
    I wish I had your determination I seem to be always hungry and pinning for those chocolate biscuits
  • sdmomof2
    sdmomof2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lost my way over Christmas too. I gained some pounds back and the whole time I was eating cookies, etc. I was thinking 'this is not good'. Stopped tracking, stopped exercising..... But I know that the changes I have made are lifestyle changes and am looking at the long road ahead. I think God wants us to take care of our body and be healthy. It is a lot of work and I know about falling off the wagon because it has happened many times but for some reason even after long months....I keep coming back to knowing this is something I need to do for me. It is nice to get compliments and feel the clothes looser but my main focus is to be healthy and if I can inspire someone or motivate someone along the way it is a bonus. So, although it is hard and frustrating after the Christmas season...I hope you won't give up. Take a break, make a plan, re-evaluate and start again. Good luck!
  • audbod63
    audbod63 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. The holidays are difficult for a lot of people, me included. Yesterday I wanted to eat whatever I could, but I persevered and didn't. Today I am ready to lose again. Losing weight is not easy, but worth it. Remember God says you are beautifully and wonderfully made.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yeah holidays are not great for people trying to lose weight. I put on quite a few pounds again and lost some defenition. Then 2 days ago I told my boyfriend to take every last piece of the damn holiday treats to work and got it the hell out of my house! Now I have my bikini hanging in my basement by the treadmill just in case I think that I can cut my workout short. Just think, summer will be here before you know it and you'll be glad then that you sucked it up and stuck to it!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. What is the alternative?! This isn't something that has a start or an end and you certainly can't fail at it unless you give up paying attention at all.

Every day has several opportunities to make choices that get you closer to your goal and choices that take you farther from it. You have to know what you're aiming for and you have to want it more than you want the instant gratification of the choice that leads you away. You know what? Sometimes it's okay. Sometimes it's okay to want the party food and celebration more than you want a healthy body weight... but it can't be all the time or else you just won't get there, right? It's a game of balance.

It's about small changes.

Track what you eat, even if you're not making awesome choices. It will hold you accountable.
    Weigh and measure your food so you know what you're eating. We can be WAY out in our estimations.
    Don't let a bad choice at one meal wreck your choices at the next meal. What's the sense?
    Exercise more often than not i.e. 4+ days per week for 30 minutes or more. Even if it's just walking.
    Find a sport or planned physical activity that you can love; make it a challenge... martial arts? weight lifting? rowing?
    Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it... especially you. There are so many success stories here. If we can, you can.
  • lisaf1983
    lisaf1983 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    NEVER EVER GIVE UP!! Forget the bad days and focus on the days ahead! nothing is impossible you can do it, just focus your mind to it! :-) x
  • lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You brought up some wonderful points and the holiday's are hard. We just need to keep encouraging one another. This weight gain didn't happen over night and it will take time to get it off, but we can do this
    AMEN! Come on, we can ALL do this!
  • lifechanges06
    lifechanges06 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    dont give up. you are not alone. i didnt log some days for holidays just bc i didnt want to or didnt go online, infact i stopped exercises for 2 weeks during this time. but i got back to it. this week. this week was hard especailly to get back to gym. i think i nearly died last night. i was counting down the minutes until it was done. hang in there.