Tried and Tired I GIVE UP

Options

Replies

• roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    To chime in on the others, the holidays are hard, but THEY ARE OVER. The holidays I celebrate are 8 days of fried food - quite hard when you are trying to eat right.,,

A new year, a new slate, a new you.

Yeah, you can 'give up,' eat whatever you want, sit on the couch, and overflow on the cushions. Is that how you really want to live? To be out of breath when you walk outside? To feel miserable every time you look in your closet, or the mirror?

There is a reason why you are on here. A reason why you started to lose weight in the first place - because you are unhappy with yourself. I believe in g*d, but I know that it is not his/her/their responsibility to make you who you want to be. It's yours.

No one is going to make you get up and work out, watch what you eat, etc. BUT - we are here for your support, to ease your bad days, to celebrate your good ones. You are not alone, but it is your battle. And battle it is! We are programmed to survive, to eat to live. Unfortunately, food is everywhere, and the crappy stuff is designed to build cravings, satisfy those cravings and build more.

Good luck, and remember we are here for you!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The holidays were always going to be hard. To be honest, I'd decided to just eat whatever and suck it up, then lose it again after. As it happened, I got flu and lost 2lbs. I would far rather have been able to party, stuff myself silly and had to lose a few pounds. Now I feel like my holiday was a complete waste of a holiday!

So I'm planning my next holiday in March - where I will be well, and will stuff myself silly because it'll be my birthday. Between now and then I will aim to stay the same weight and build up a bit of muscle as I've found out that my % body fat is higher than I'd like it to be.

Always have goals, but focus on the process of getting there rather than the future "being there", don't give up, you've lost 14lbs and that's hard work, and if you do feel like giving up do what you just did and come on here and tell people - you'll have plenty of people teling you off and telling you that you can do it!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Dear, the beautiful thing about this is that you get to declare a NEW BEGINNING! A fresh start! You get to say " Thank you Gd for a beautiful new day. I am a person who cares about my health and I will make healthy choices.
    By the way, you are beautiful.

THANK YOU GOD, FOR A BEAUTIFUL NEW DAY!! I AM A PERSON WHO CARES ABOUT MY HEALTH AND I WILL MAKE HEALTHY CHOICES. ..THIS IS GOING ON MY REFRIGERATOR!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    more.

Good luck, and remember we are here for you!
    [/quote]

THANKS
  • blacklace3
    Options
    My name is Barbara. I gave up too but it's a new year 2013! My mistake was trying to log in information on my Kindle Fire (i love my Kindle) which was a little difficult and frustrating to use. I decided to use the computer when I get home. I can see things better and it's much faster. Lets do this together! I want to wear short slender dresses this summer!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    . Some days I give in and don't care but the next day I wake up and start brand new. Good luck and don't give up!

THANKS SO MUCH!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    I want to wear short slender dresses this summer!
    [/quote]

lol, YOU AND ME BOTH BARARA
  • Hey ,story of my life!!
    I literally got so thrown off during the holiday stretch that I kind of gave up ,I gave a farewell message to my fitness pals ,and deleted at least one person that really sounded nonsensical,lol!!
    but ,when I didn't have any accountability going on after leaving ,I told the friends thatI was back to give it another try,I am clearing my mental slate ,starting right where I am ,and pretending this is brand new (starting fresh!) get yourself a new little memorabilia to signify you're ready to go right now!!ex:last night I bought a beautiful mint green coffee mug that says think happy ,be happy .
    We experienced the same thing but we started with one feet before the other,step by step,one day at a time,we can resolve to start anew,I'm still devising a plan for myself which includes long range goals ( in this year!) and short term goals( in the next 3 months) and mini goals (once a week ,which is to watch my portions ,and exercise at least 60 minutes 3-4 times a week,preferably,cardios! add me and let me know if there's anything we can do to support each other in our journey,
    Take care,
    Brenda:smile:
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    The choice is yours. I you want to be unfit, unhealthy, and miserable? I truly wish you the best!
    Absolutely right, the choice is mine..and I want to be fit, healthy and happy!! Thanks for the support
  • Rtossas
    Rtossas Posts: 29
    Options
    Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek. The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
  • ldstevens
    ldstevens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You only seems darkest before you truly achieve a break through, you can do it. Just don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Hey ,story of my life!!
    I literally got so thrown off during the holiday stretch that I kind of gave up ,I gave a farewell message to my fitness pals ,and deleted at least one person that really sounded nonsensical,lol!!

Take care,
    Brenda:smile:

Thanks for the support Brenda,
  • 6patch
    6patch Posts: 3
    Options
    Life is full of ups and downs. Don't give up! You are beautiful!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    We all have setbacks! Put it behind you and start a new day! It is possible and when you finally reach that goal, you'll look back and say What was I thinking when I wanted to give up!

I'm actually thinking that now!! I'm feeling much much better and so EXCITED NOW that I could go running...LOL wait darn can't go running im on CRUTCHES! LOL but i still feel GOOD! FEELS SO GOOD TO KNOW THAT SO MANY PEOPLE CARE, UNDERSTAND AND SYMPATHIZE
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Life is full of ups and downs. Don't give up! You are beautiful!

THANKS
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't let that 14 pound loss go to waste. You need to change your mind-set - you simply don't want it enough!! Get back on track right now and make it the most important thing in your life ~ because your life deopends on it! Good luck - YOU CAN DO IT!
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well, if there is a god isn't the premise given is that we have free will? So it's not a case of god wanting you to be fat or god making you be fat. It's a case of you choosing to be this way. You really do have a say in this. You really do control your own behavior. Your life is not pre-ordained. You have the power and the choice to direct your own life.

You lost your way, ok, so you messed up. Unless you have a time machine you cannot go back and change what you did over the holidays, so keep it in the past. Move forward, starting today! You can do this! Be unwilling to accept defeat. Accept and embrace change. Be willing to change.

You have received such good advice here (the above being some of the best advice - and one I will probably be referring back to myself when needed!), and so glad to see you getting pumped up again! :)

My 2 cents is....honey, you have lost 56 sticks of butter off of your azz! That's A LOT! :)
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    hey there.... dont give up... dont feel like you are alone... you are NOT... we are all in this together and all here to help one another... find out why you keep giving up.. do people knock you for your ability to lose weight... do you yourself deep down think o this is never goin to work??????....

I have every faith in you that you can do this

TAKING YOUR ADVICE..THANKS
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You just need to believe in yourself its not impossible. The word impossible says "Im possible" and giving up is submitting to failure!
  • camliz2
    Options
    Hey Hun God wants you healthy and happy, if u are not happy then just get back on track, Dont give up, I am new to this and It is hard.. I have gave up regular soda, cigs and fast food to try and get healthy so I can play on the floor with my kids without it hurting my knees.... I have only just begun but if u need support I Am Here to stay keep going, today is a Great day to get back on track... Good Luck and Best Wishes..