Tried and Tired I GIVE UP

Options

Replies

• 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    .if i had a dollar every time i felt like this, i would have had enough to get lipo, AND retire now..dont give up..best of luck:drinker:
    lmbo..@lipo..Thanks
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Instead of thinking about being on a diet, think of today as the first day of the rest of your new life where you've made a commitment to being healthy.

You can do this!
    [/quote]

wow didn't really look at it that way. I'm no longer on a diet, I'm just eating healthier. I like the sound of that!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i haven't been the best about logging for the last few months for many different reasons.

so the beginning of this year i told myself that i would log everything for 6 weeks straight, even if i go over. nights i go out i usually log what i ate and drank the next morning. going over once in a while, or even a couple days in a row is not that big of a deal.

i feel that most people can lose weight if they are on point with their diet about 80% of the time. if you go over on your calories on average once a week, that means you are only "bad" about 15% of the time.

doing better than most, i think.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    so you fell down, just pick yourself up and try again. Most of us slip up once a while. That is life. You can do this. You gotta believe that. The only person stopping you is YOU. Feel free to add me if you need support and motivation. I am more than happy to give it to you.
  • RetiredSM
    RetiredSM Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't ever give up! Because you have something that you can look at everyday and keep track of your calorie intake on a daily basis means that you have the power to change the one thing that you do have power over, the things that you eat. when I started with this app, I was hungry all the time because I was a big eater. It took a month of constantly telling myself that I did not need it and I would look at my progress alot as a reminder and it backed up my resolve to loose weight. I started in September and that is the worst time to start but since then I have lost 34 lbs. and I have a long way to go but i am determind to meet my goal. I have more than just myself to think about as well. if you stick to it and log in everything and also get some exercise and that means anything you like, not just going to the gym, the weight will come off.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Imaybe this is how God wants me to be.

as good an excuse as any other
    I was really down and had been for a few days, I was upset and not understanding. Being active in church the only thing i could think of was that "maybe this is the way God wants me to be" Ive never been really small, but i've never been this big/huge. So I was upset and angry with my God. But I do realize now that this to is a test of my faith and apart of the many trials and tribulations that I will encounter as I strive to live a Christian Healthy Life.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Dont give up its never to late and even if nobody else notices its for you and your health not them. Keep your head up every day is a new day. I'm starting over again as well, but this time I'm doing this for me and not because someone tells me I should.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I know you are tired and disappointed...the holidays are hard on us all b/c it is just so easy to say, "oh, one cookie/piece of chocolate/glass of wine/second helping/all of the above will be ok...I will just do better tomorrow" Tomorrow comes with new treats & temptations. There are things I HAVE to have available or I WILL backslide...like salty, crunchy foods and chocolate. So, I have found low fat, healthier options & allow myself to have these in moderation. I know it is hard, but try to look at eating as "productive vs non-productive" instead of "good" & "bad"...you tend to label yourself when you do that. You are not a bad person. I also try to think of the food I eat as fuel...like a car...if you put junk in it, it will falter but if you put premium gas in it, it runs like a charm. Cheesy I know, but it helps me. The final low point that got me moving was the fact that I was carrying all my weight in my abdominal region & that leads to lots of medical issues. I am terrified of getting diabetes or heart disease. This is NOT a diet...diet suggests temporary results...this is a lifestyle change...to become a better, healthier you. FOR YOU. Yes, you get a smaller body & can wear smaller clothes, but that is just icing on the cake. The way you feel in your body, the ability to move faster & easier, the realization that you have muscles...that is just the coolest feeling ever. Love yourself...you are beautiful no matter what. You CAN do this...you are worth it.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have lost 14 pounds that is awesome and that is 14 pounds more then I have lost. Holiday's are always that way, that is why I don't freak out over them. Just plan on eating. Hit the diet hard before and afterwards. You will do great. I am new to this and if you want that extra support you are more then welcomed to be friends with me. Good luck!

Just THIS! Well done on the weight loss so far. YOu have proved you can do it. Now get back on track and don't fret. Christmas is supposed to be enjoyed. If we did not have some fun what would be the point of being slim and miserable... You will get there! Feel free to friend me if you like as my diary over the last two weeks has been horrendous :-)
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    Imaybe this is how God wants me to be.

as good an excuse as any other
    I was really down and had been for a few days, I was upset and not understanding. Being active in church the only thing i could think of was that "maybe this is the way God wants me to be" Ive never been really small, but i've never been this big/huge. So I was upset and angry with my God. But I do realize now that this to is a test of my faith and apart of the many trials and tribulations that I will encounter as I strive to live a Christian Healthy Life.

Sounds like the Devils work to me.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It is an uphill battle! a few weeks ago when I found out that I have to have a total hip replacement I was where you are now. I gave up for three weeks, eating anything that I want, telling myself.. "why now, when I have been on blast since June, and it is now going to all go down the drain?" Then as a little time passed, I started feeling awful. And I got back up, and started watching what I ate again. And have the mentality that I WILL do it, no matter what! Because it makes ME feel better! And when my healing is over, I can get back to losing like I want, exercising like I want. I WILL NOT let this defeat me. We can do this! Don't let this defeat you! Add me if you like! Don't give up! It is so worth it!!!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    [

You do not have to starve yourself to lose weight. This is not a quick fix, it is a lifestye change and you wil have good days and you will have bad days......just keep going and it will become your new normal.....
    [/quote]

Im not a big eater, i think im an emotional eater sometimes..and it's hard to eat 5-6 small meals a day including the snacks. I always always skip everything beginning with breakfast and eat ONE HUGE MEAL A DAY. Im practicing with the breakfast lunch and dinner..and you're right some days are good and some are bad.. IM STILL HERE and STARTING OVER..welcoming Day1
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    I WILL NOT let this defeat me. We can do this! Don't let this defeat you! Add me if you like! Don't give up! It is so worth it!!!

This is the most I have talked about me losing weight since forever..yeah i have complained alot but It feels so good to have people that are so passionate and understanding about what I'm going through. I honestly feel so much better. Think deep down I just needed someone I could talk to and just be completely honest about how I was feeling and what I was going through. Just having someone say DON'T QUIT, DON'T GIVE UP, YOU CAN DO THIS, I'M HERE IF YOU NEED ME....i can't even explain how it made me feel. Thanks so so much
  • crlb
    crlb Posts: 4
    Options
    The word diet does not mean "how to eat to loose or gain weight". The word diet means a style of eating. Not to discourage anyone but a person needs to learn to eat healthy and find several fitness activities that they like to do, or in sometime it means activities that they do not mind doing. There is no easy way BUT learn to eat healthy and move are the key to being healthy. Even if you do not like vegetables try them and try them and try them. Learn to cook them differently. I HATE CELERY AND CARROTS. Yesterday I put a stalk of celery and a half of a fresh carrot in with my other fruits I juice with and it tasted great. BIG surprise to me.....thank goodness I found a way to get more fresh vegies in my diet. Healthy eating takes time. Try not to eat processed foods and fast food. The fast food should be a treat. Processed foods have PRESERVATIVES in and they sure do preserve the fat on a persons body. Someone told me that once and it makes sense......preservatives are made to preserve no matter where they end up, like on my BUTT.
  • palmerb2
    palmerb2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The holidays are always hard. I set myself a goal to not gain any weight during the month. I weighed on on December 1st and let myself eat what I wanted to but still tried to be concious of it and kept a close eye on the weight. If it seemed to try and creep up then I would add a short walk or cardio of some sort into the day. I managed to keep to my goal but it wasn't easy. Each day is a chance to start over. I have had several days that I question why I am doing this as it sure is not an easy thing to do. Some days I give in and don't care but the next day I wake up and start brand new. Good luck and don't give up!
  • Savtamama
    Options
    Dear, the beautiful thing about this is that you get to declare a NEW BEGINNING! A fresh start! You get to say " Thank you Gd for a beautiful new day. I am a person who cares about my health and I will make healthy choices.
    By the way, you are beautiful.
  • kitcho33
    Options
    Here is my take on this. God does not care what you look like, he cares about your deeds. Giving up is not a quality that God would like. Pick a date to start again, then stick with it. You have a long time before the holiday parties start back up again.

Good Luck!
  • thefrenchtart
    Options
    "Regrets are a waste of time. they're the past crippling you in the present".

i heard that once in a movie and whenever i feel down about anything, i try to remember that. so you screwed up over the holidays (we all did). indulged a lot. but it's a new year, new you. don't let the past bring you down. you'll be fine; just dust yourself off and keep going. hang in there.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well..but then the holidays came and I stop logging. This party and that party kept telling myself ""I 'll start over tomorrow " tomorrow always came and went. I've lost my way,lost my will and my drive with not a one single soul to say Hey mom stay focused or hey hunni you're looking great. I've tried and I'm so tired, maybe this is how God wants me to be.

Sounds to me like you're blaming God. Anything worth having takes effort. This is like anything else, you get out of it what you put it. Part of free will is the ability to make decisions for ourselves. By doing nothing you make the decision to do nothing, you actively make the decision to be a passive participant. If that's what you want then good for you, but it doesn't sound like it makes you happy. Every year I put on 10 pounds of cookies through the holidays. It happens, it only defines you if you want it to.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Here is my take on this. God does not care what you look like, he cares about your deeds. Giving up is not a quality that God would like.

Good Luck!
    So true..day 1 again is TODAY