Replies

• hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I support the motivation but I dispute the theology
  • Rockstone70
    Rockstone70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    QUESTION? I AM KEEPING MY CALORIES COUNT AT 1200 OR UNDER AND HAVE NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT. THIS MY FIRST WEEK. IS THIS NORMAL, OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG.
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I think the holidays derailed a lot of us. With family and friends around, all the goodies I had shied away from I indulged in. Even though I gained a few pounds during that period I kept myself accountable by logging every day, the good, the bad and the ugly and I kept up with my workouts. A previous poster suggested you pick a new start date and stick to it. Sounds like a good place to start just DON'T GIVE UP! You've already lost 14 pounds which is awesome! I'm here to support you in any way I can.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Give up then. Really.

If you use the holidays as an excuse....give up.

If you use God as an excuse....give up.

If you use lack of praise as an excuse....give up.

If you use an excuse to give up.... give up.

There is NO excuse for being fat, NO excuse for giving up, NO excuse for eating bad, NO excuse at all for anything.

Wanna argue with me about it? Don't. I'm not into excuses, nobody should.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    QUESTION? I AM KEEPING MY CALORIES COUNT AT 1200 OR UNDER AND HAVE NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT. THIS MY FIRST WEEK. IS THIS NORMAL, OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

A week is not really enough time to assess really. Having said that, why are you keeping calories to 1200??? Have your checked that this is the right amount of calories for your body. Is 1200 cals above your BMR calorie figure (BMR is the figure that your body needs just to keep your vital organs funtioning if you were in a coma.

Perhaps you could take a look at the link below, this gives information on how to get a more personally correct calorie goal figure than MFP settings can give.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It may be that your body just needs a little more time to assess if what you are doing is working OR it could be that you are not eating enough to fuel your body, so it is hanging onto everything you put into it, literally for dear life.

Good luck
  • guildgut
    Options
    If you don't lose the weight, it's only your loss, if you haven't got the self-discipline to eat less and do more, then you aren't worth this website's time.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Eat Less
    Sweat More.

Don't Give Up.....EVER.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Try starting a new thread, you'll get more help that way. Plus it's the polite thing to do. You need to give it more than a week to work. Keep doing what you're doing for 2 more weeks and then see where you are.
  • 000Helen000
    000Helen000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Give up then. Really.

If you use the holidays as an excuse....give up.

If you use God as an excuse....give up.

If you use lack of praise as an excuse....give up.

If you use an excuse to give up.... give up.

There is NO excuse for being fat, NO excuse for giving up, NO excuse for eating bad, NO excuse at all for anything.

Wanna argue with me about it? Don't. I'm not into excuses, nobody should.

Well said!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    At first, I was disappointed that we were visiting grandparents for 2 weeks before Christmas... Sad to miss all the fun Christmas Parties..? But looking back, it probably saved me a few pounds.
    We should vacation around all holidays that have parties...

Pick yourself up, buy cute new workout shoes or colorful water bottles, make a menu, clean out the pantry of junk, and go for a walk.
    Gather all needed resources and supplies, get rid of hindrances... You can do this!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    What I've learned in my almost 2.5 year weight loss journey is this. Whatever you do, Don't give up. I've fallen off the wagon SO many times. Trust me. I even fell off the wagon over the holidays and I could feel it. I just got back in my grove last week. Get back on that wagon girl. Keep going and I promise you that you will get there. It will take time and you will may want to give up everyday, trust me I have weeks like that, but If you keep working at it, you will Get you your goal. And If you want, you can feel free to add me. I still have at least 54 pounds to go. Maybe more depending on how I look when I get to that weight. Good luck to you, Keep going. Do it for yourself, your kids, your family. For anyone that has inspired you in your lifetime. If for no one. Do it for that pair of goal jeans, or dress that you want to fit into.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    All of you who are discouraged - don't give up! I've done that. I lost over 40 pounds by tracking and then let it all fall apart. I gained back 45. I decided this time I was sticking to it and so far, so good. Just started on Jan 1 with a clean slate!

I add back anyone who requests and I comment to everyone. I WILL let you know when there are concerns (too little cals, no water, etc) but the goal is to help not discourage. Feel free to add me!
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't give up. This whole weight loss being healthy thing is hard. It's relearning how to eat, finding time to move more, totally reworking our lives. It's not gonna be easy and times, like Holidays or stress, will take us out of it. We're human, it happens, but you pick yourself up, you let your supporters know you need some extra encouragement and you get back into it as best as you can. If you want to give up and throw in the towel, that's fine too, but it's your choice and nothing that should be placed on God. God will love you regardless of what size you are, if you gain or lose a zillion pounds, or you stay the size you are right now. But you know that can you change your body and your life and be a motivation and an example for others. Stay in the game and don't be so hard on yourself.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey you can do it. look at all the success testimonies on here. You need to believe you can do it and go for it. everyone will have times that they stumble and fall, but you get back up and give it your all. Don't stop, just get back on track and you will succeed. Best of luck and once again Please don't give up. you can do it.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This is not a diet that comes and goes. Even when you reach goal you wont be able to just stop. You need to change your mindset. Think long and hard about how you got here. Lifestyle must change. Eat less move more.