Women over 40 looking for support

Options
Hello to you All!

I am looking for some support and motivation from other women over 40 who have chosen to embark on the same journey - losing weight, getting healthy and making friends along the way!

I am only on day 5 of my new journey and have already lost 3.5 lbs! Not a bad way to start.

Please let me know if you would like some encouragement to keep you motivated - I know I can sure use some!

Thank you!

Michele

Replies

• gettingfitnana303
    Options
    Hello, I'm WAY over 40:) I would like support also. My doctor says I need to lose about 20 pounds, so here I am. The holidays are always hard. I was a baker for 16 years and I still do a lot of baking......and eating at home. Hope to hear from you. Would like to add you as a friend.
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    count me in! I am over 40, on day 5 of dieting/exercise and day one on MFP!
  • Tracyramos1220
    Tracyramos1220 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    43 years old here. Would love support from others who can relate to the struggles of losing weight as we get older. I know it is a lot harder for me now than it used to be. I have birthed 9 children so I estimate that I have lost around 450 pounds just in baby weight over the years. I am currently 185 and need to get to around 150! I need all the help I can get. :)
  • seaoatsis70
    Options
    waaay over 40 would like support also
  • Sandra_M
    Sandra_M Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Over 40 and need to loose weight for holidays and to be a bit healthier too...
    A bit of support and encouragement makes all the difference.
  • lmkerch
    Options
    Add me, too. I am 58 and have been down this road many times. I used to run 5 and 10k's and now find it hard to go on a hike. My motivation is a new granddaughter and a daughter's wedding in October. Need to lose 40 pounds. Down 4 this week!!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 45 and have lost 110 pounds. You're welcome to add me.
  • Maggie5050
    Maggie5050 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am way over 40 also. I lost around 35 lbs on this program. Went off when my husband was seriously ill and put about 15 back on so here I am again. I sure can use all the encouragement there is. I saw today that this is rated as the number one diet program, so I am hoping to be one of those success stories.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 40, soon to be 41. Feel free to add me!
  • Sarah50sarah
    Options
    Hi

I am 49 and will be 50 in april. I am determined to be a normal weight by then and to be fit too. Wish me luck!

Good luck to you all

Sarah
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    GOOD LUCK SARAH!!!! Wishing you all the best!
  • Poohsbabe
    Options
    Michele,

I would love to be your friend and hopefully we can be a source of encouragement for each other...I am older than you, 63...if that is not a problem. I am just trying to take off 50 pounds but mostly learn to live a healthy lifestyle. Good luck on your start and I wish you continued success.

Karen
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Please add me if you are looking for friends. I will be 45 soon and just started. I WILL be successful.
  • Angkev03
    Angkev03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 41 year old mother of two, I am a Christian and believe We can do ALL things through Christ....He and I are going to do this> support from others would be great :smile:
  • Candicejoy1988
    Candicejoy1988 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI! Over 40 and have just got out of my exercise routine about a year ago.. Looking for some motivation to get me off my butt..lol
    I love to cook, so i make some really yummy stir fry's that are pretty healthy but have just not figured out a way to get motivated about a new fitness program.. HELP... I use to always care about my image but stuck in neutral. Would love any tips on tasty home cooked low calorie meals :) and any motivational tips to get me off my bum!!
  • shutupb4uruinit
    Options
    I'm 44 and a recovering bulimic - I don't know what has happened since May but I am steadily gaining weight and finding it near impossible to stick to a reasonable food plan and feeling very unfit...I need all the support Iavailableb. I went through treatment 8 years ago and this is the first time I have struggled like this!
  • carankouri
    Options
    Hello,

I too am way over 40 but very young looking - I was 95 kg in May, started with weight watchers for 3 months, this motivaged me now I am going it alone and have lost over 11 lbs. I dont want to be a size 0, just to be healthy. I too need support, happy to keep in touch.
  • audbod63
    audbod63 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 49, and in 23 days I will be 50. I have been trying to lose weight forever, but in the last couple of months I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and a low thyroid, and now it is time to stay motivated and lose weight. Feel free to add me. I have a hundred pounds to lose and will be on this trip for a while.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request, I am going to be 48 in a few months and am also looking for friends in the 30 and up category.
  • stacyh2013
    Options
    Will be turning 50 and 3rd day on MFP. Will lose 45 pounds this year! Tired of being tired and really hate the way I've let myself go. High School friend just sent me a photo of myself from way back when and my kids couldn't believe I looked like that. I really thought I was overweight then but I was actually thin compared to my mental picture. I have been half way trying to loose weight for last 12 years (had two boys late in life) and have finally made up my mind to do so. I also have an underactive thyroid and had my gall bladder removed years ago. So I should be eating healthlier anyway! I've decided to use Just Dance to begin exercising 5 days a week or any other Kinect game. I really miss dancing though. Just need to get moving so I get my energy level up. Feel free to add me!