Women over 40 looking for support

Options

Replies

• harterne
    harterne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Need to lose >50 lbs, encouragement really helps.
  • fresprit57
    fresprit57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Always need the support. The journey has its bumps in the road...especially the recent holidays!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and have moved into maintenance mode, but still active on this site. Although, I have a cruise scheduled with the gals in February ... who knows where I'll be after seven days with my girlfriends!

Add me if you like!
  • jolesann
    jolesann Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 41 and just joined on New Years. (Imagine that.) I'm only looking to lose about 10 pounds but make life-long eating-habit changes. As I'm sure we're all aware, our bodies are to that age where we can't ignore them anymore or things start to droop. I've never been much of an exerciser either so I'm learning what I need to do to keep that from happening as well. I'd love to share the journey w/you and other ladies my age. :happy:
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    over 40 and need moitivation too....Any of you can feel free to add me, i'm in it for life
  • benz1234
    benz1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have been on MFP for about a year off and on. I hav now decided to get serious and lose my last 20 pounds. I am on day 5 and have lost 6 lbs. I am trying to eat on an average of about 1000 calories a day. I also exercise 5 to 6 days a week.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm here! 46 and getting fitter every day!
  • angiemoe
    angiemoe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can count me in too, I'm trying to get back on track. Thus far I've lost 4.6 lbs.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Feel free to add me.....I way over 40 though. :flowerforyou:
  • PakrDiva
    PakrDiva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started my last year in the 40's...and I too have a significant amount of weight to lose. I'm on day 2 and know this journey is not a short one...it will last me the rest of my life. The changes I make must be permanent. I've been successful in the past but have allowed circumstances and situations in my life to create excuses for making bad food and exercise choices. I look forward to the support this forum will bring. All who are interested, feel free to add me, I'll be your greatest cheerleader. Blessings to everyone on their journey to wellness!
  • luv2fishnd1
    luv2fishnd1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and have about 125 lbs to lose. I'm just getting started, but know I can do this. I have the support of my daughter and my husband this time. My husband is also working on losing weight, and losing it faster than me, but that's ok. Men lose faster than women. I'd like to loss all of it my by 50th birthday in May 2014. Feel free to add me.
  • _cheryl_
    _cheryl_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to add me :)

31944310.png
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm over 40 and would love additional support. Feel free to add me!
  • lyndaschwemmer
    Options
    Hey, just look at all us over 40! I am 62, doing this for not the first time and have lost about 40 pounds since July. I finally want it bad enough to do what it takes. Am trying to avoid diabetes and enjoy life again. And life is already so much better than before I started. Would be glad to have friends along the way!:smile:
  • cockette
    Options
    Hi All, I am 48 and deffo need support, only day 4 of diet so far and its been quite hard, pls add me as a friend if you want? I was on this diet about 2 yrs ago now and lost 4 stone, sadly over the last 2 months I've put 2 back on, really want to lose another 4 stone this year! Add me as a buddie if you want, cockette :)
  • jcbub
    jcbub Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well , hi all. I am trying this posting for the first time in my Life (LOL!) Just joined MFP. I am a hygienist by day-Group Exercise Instructor for fun- 20yrs!!! I will be 52yrs old in April . Usually feel in the best shape of my life but had a free-for-all over Christmas holidays. No problem buckling down - weighed in at 135 -should be 122-mean and lean. Just finished my 1st 2013 fitness class this morning at the club- lots of new people- as always!! Burned almost 400 cals.- Remember, exercise, stay around 1200 cals. per day, watch your fats,carbs, sugar. MFP will help tremendously - too little calorie intake will not maximize your metabolism- Lets do This!!-Sincerely jcbub: :bigsmile:
  • Mudhead13
    Mudhead13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need support and suggestions about how to not exceed my allotted calorie intake. The last two days I was over on calories, probably because we still have company from the New Year and we have been going out to eat. Thankfully they are leaving today!
  • kathbell2
    Options
    Hi Sara, I will be 50 in April too and looking to loose as much as i can by then although i know i can't be normal weight as i have a target of 100lb to lose. Happy to give you as much support as i can. I'm going back to Scottish Slimmers on Wednesday but using this site for all my recording of food and excercise. xx
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had to reply because I am Michele also, spelled the same way, and I see your disney pic, I live in Orlando, Fl! I am 42 and you can add me, have logged every day sine I joined Aug 2011. You can do this!
  • SandratheButterfly
    Options
    Hi My Name is Sandra I'm 40 and I need to lose 25 pounds. I'm been seeing a trainer for a couple of years. I lose nearly 30 pounds than gained 20 back. This is my third dayas member of My Fitness Pal and I'm still learning to navigate this site.